Lifting/lowt symptoms

Buy Lab Tests Online
Can any people here can say they didn't start having low t symptoms until after they started doing weight training. Just food for thought but seems I'm meeting more and more people in the gym with low t symptoms. Almost seems like weight lifting brings out the symptoms. I'm not saying it lowers t but just seems to bring the symptoms to light more. As far as changing body composition definitely it works but could it be it's doing us other damage we don't realize??? Just wanted opinions?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
In a University of North Carolina study, the authors examined the impact of exhaustive exercise on cortisol (a stress hormone) and testosterone levels. Twelve male endurance athletes participated in the analysis, which showed it can take 72 hours for testosterone levels to return to baseline (pre-exercise) levels following intense, prolonged activity. Men who engage in such exhaustive activities regularly don't allow their testosterone levels to bounce back, which can lead to chronically low T.

https://prostate.net/articles/which-exercises-reduce-testosterone-in-men/[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

Vince

Super Moderator
Endocr Connect. 2017 Aug 9;6(7):430-436. doi: 10.1530/EC-17-0159. Print 2017 Oct.
HIIT produces increases in muscle power and free testosterone in male masters athletes

Herbert P1, Hayes LD2, Sculthorpe NF3, Grace FM4.

Abstract

High-intensity interval training (HIIT) improves peak power output (PPO) in sedentary aging men but has not been examined in masters endurance athletes. Therefore, we investigated whether a six-week program of low-volume HIIT would (i) improve PPO in masters athletes and (ii) whether any change in PPO would be associated with steroid hormone perturbations. Seventeen male masters athletes (60 ± 5 years) completed the intervention, which comprised nine HIIT sessions over six weeks. HIIT sessions involved six 30-s sprints at 40% PPO, interspersed with 3 min active recovery. Absolute PPO (799 ± 205 W and 865 ± 211 W) and relative PPO (10.2 ± 2.0 W/kg and 11.0 ± 2.2 W/kg) increased from pre- to post-HIIT respectively (P < 0.001, Cohen’s d = 0.32−0.38). No significant change was observed for total testosterone (15.2 ± 4.2 nmol/L to 16.4 ± 3.3 nmol/L (P = 0.061, Cohen’s d = 0.32)), while a small increase in free testosterone occurred following HIIT (7.0 ± 1.2 ng/dL to 7.5 ± 1.1 ng/dL pre- to post-HIIT (P = 0.050, Cohen’s d = 0.40)). Six weeks’ HIIT improves PPO in masters athletes and increases free testosterone. Taken together, these data indicate there is a place for carefully timed HIIT epochs in regimes of masters athletes.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...nd-free-testosterone-in-male-masters-athletes

Tonyp56

Can any people here can say they didn't start having low t symptoms until after they started doing weight training. Just food for thought but seems I'm meeting more and more people in the gym with low t symptoms. Almost seems like weight lifting brings out the symptoms. I'm not saying it lowers t but just seems to bring the symptoms to light more. As far as changing body composition definitely it works but could it be it's doing us other damage we don't realize??? Just wanted opinions?

Don't know, I was a couch potato from time i was 16 until I was 36. I weighed 295 + pounds, I hadn't done much for exercise in those 20 years. Anyways August 2013 went on low carb diet (<=50 grams a day, total calories were 1950 per day) and did lots of Hiit cardio and little weight training. About 8-9 months in went to Dr because I felt like crap, low energy etc. I had been experiencing this for pretty much entire time. Anyways total t was mid 300's and I was slightly anemic. Dr wanted me to start supplementing with multi with iron (already was doing multi vitamin)

And if it didn't help low t was going to be next treatment option. Not wanting that I kept pushing how I felt to the side. This was May of 2014, November 2014 i started powerlifring seriously. Did make progress but was plagued by low energy. I took deload weeks every couple months, tried to sleep and ate about 500 calories over maintenance. It got so bad that I helped sister in law move (early October 2016) and felt fine moving furniture but for the next 3 days felt horrible, like I had been ran over by a truck. This kept happening more and more, even if I took an entire week off I'd be feeling good, go train and then for next day or 2 felt horrible. January of 2017 got blood work, total t was 462.

Anyways June 2017 it was 350ish.

Tonyp56

Should add got to 162.2 pounds in September 2014, 165 ish when I started my bulk in November 2014, quickly fell in love with power lifting, and I'm at the highest I've been since right now at 250.

madman

Super Moderator

Weight training if not over done will increase testosterone levels but the effect is transient at best.

Of course there are many other benefits but as far as negatively effecting ones testosterone levels definitely.....it is called over training which would involve training too long/frequently/intensely and not allowing enough time for recovery (rest).

Excess stress whether physically induced or emotionally induced will increase the catabolic hormone cortisol and when the body is constantly bombarded with cortisol it will have a negative impact on the anabolic hormone testosterone among many other ill effects on ones mental/physical state.

The main factors regarding recovery from weigh training are quality sleep/meeting daily caloric and protein requirements/level of anabolic hormones.

at15

if your overdoing it, you can decrease testosterone. most people are training their asses off like they are on steroids with out actually using anything, thats a recipe for disaster. if your natural just enjoy the training for health and longevity, dont go in there in kill yourself, your not going to gain any significant amount of muscle without drugs.

i stopped lifting after I realized I feel like shit when lifting regularly.. maybe too much stress I used to feel great after workouts now feel much better after light exercise

Reason

My theory is that once you start lifting you notice your symptoms more or you start relating them to low testosterone, whereas before you might chalk it up to garden variety depression. When lifting, you are in a mind state where you’re trying to improve your own body and are, therefore, more aware of how you feel and how you perform.

I know that’s what happened to me at least.

Dave B.

No, you have it backward, I think.

For me, the reason I needed to "get back in the gym" in the fist place is that I had lost a lot of muscle mass and upper-body strength in particular. When you start to feel weaker, the obvious reaction is to get back to lifting.

I spent the better part of a year weight training pretty hard and suffering injuries and setbacks, which was unusual, and eventually led me to believe (along with other symptoms) that something more was going on than mere age-related decline (I'm not that old!).

Anyway lo and behold, bringing my testosterone levels back to a normal range has restored all my lost muscle-mass and then some in just a few short months. It had everything to do with my hormone levels, nothing to do with physical activity I was engaging in, weights or no weights.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me