Questions On Injection - spots , gauges , sub q or IM

Buy Lab Tests Online

AntCon

Hey all , so I made the decision to finally start TRT soon (waiting for meds). I will be making a thread for that journey, with protocol and all as well.

I’ll be taking Test and HCG and was wondering what your guys favorite needles/syringes were and sizes? Your favorite places to inject for each? Sub Q or IM? And if you guys had any helpful links and or videos for me, that’d be great too =]. I tried searching in the threads but couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for, or maybe I overlooked some things .. It’s going to be the first time for me self injecting anything so I wanted to get all the tips and tricks and how to’s.

Thanks in advance

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

rafapark

Hi AntCon. I am pretty lean so I use 27G, 1/2" inch long needle to inject T in my tight. I sometimes inject in my delts. Pretty painless. I inject HCG subcutaneously in my stomach with a 31G, 5/16" insulin needle.

Blackhawk

Topic has been covered in depth on this forum. Do a search and you'll get more info than you want!

It comes down to personal preference. Some guys do well with subQ, some get lumps from subQ, seems to be related whether injecting sub skin or into thicker fat layer. I do subQ with no problem whatsoever and my T levels indicate is works really well.

IM is better for some guys and some even insist on bigger needles. I tried IM and get pain that lasts for days, so SubQ is preferable.

T cyp is oil based and the viscosity makes it harder to draw into a syringe that water based meds. Some find pulling for a minute or more to be too time wasting so opt for a larger gauge needle.

I use 5/16" 30 gauge with no problem for both T cyp and HCG.

AntCon

Rafapark - Hey thanks , yea I'm pretty lean as well. Like 5' 8 ish and weigh about 165-170. I would think the thigh area would hurt a lot, well for me , my thighs aren't too thick lol.

Blackhawk - Yes I know it's been covered a lot. I've been searching through the keywords but since I'm on my phone it's making it harder for me to skim through all the threads and see what I'm looking for. So I do appreciate your input. Does the higher the gauge mean it's a thicker needle or the opposite?-

Vince - Hi , I saw that video as well, but didn't understand how he didnt accidentally mix the testosterone into the hcg vial? Cause you have to inject some air into each vial right? Maybe you might be able to explain it a little better to me, because ideally this option does seem the most efficient.

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince - Hi , I saw that video as well, but didn't understand how he didnt accidentally mix the testosterone into the hcg vial? Cause you have to inject some air into each vial right? Maybe you might be able to explain it a little better to me, because ideally this option does seem the most efficient.
I did Nelson method for about one year, after watching the video many times. I no longer do. If you wish to use this protocol, I recommend just watch the video.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk - Does the higher the gauge mean it's a thicker needle or the opposite?-

Higher number = thinner tube. Depending on what oil carrier you are using 30g may be too small. For me it's fine with grapeseed oil, but cottonseed oil is reported to be thicker, and like I said some guys are too impatient to wait a minute for the syringe to fill, so use larger bore.... 29, 28, 27 or even larger.

AntCon

Ok, sorry to bump this back up but one more question... I understand the gauges and inches/ length of the needles, but what is recommended for the cc of the syringe.?. I'm seeing a lot of .5cc and 1cc but don't understand the difference.

Blackhawk

1cc (or ml, same thing), 0.5 cc/ml, and there are also 0.3 ml/cc: These just designate the fluid volume the syringe will hold. The smaller the syringe the more suited to smaller doses.

1 cc syringes have markings for every 2 units, 0.5 and 0.3 cc syringes have markings for every 1 unit and thus are easier to accurately dose with at smaller doses

You don't want to get a syringe that is too small for the dose you need. For example if you have 0.5 syringe and are injecting 120mg of T cyp once a week at 200mg/ml concentration, that would be 0.6 ml/cc, larger than the 0.5 ml/cc syringe.

Usually a 0.5 or 1ml/cc syringe is fine and all purpose for T and HCG.

Page 4-5: https://www.bd.com/resource.aspx?IDX=3260

Insulin syringes are available in 3 sizes: 0.3 ml, 0.5 ml and 1 ml. Choose a syringe size based on the dose (units) you require. It is easier and more accurate to measure smaller doses with a smaller volume syringe.

• 0.3 ml insulin syringesThese syringes are graduated in 1-unit intervals and are ideal for doses under 3 units because of their discrete size and easy 1 unit adjustment.

• 0.5 ml insulin syringes These syringes are graduated in 1-unit intervals and are ideal for doses between 30 units and 50 units.

• 1 ml insulin syringes These syringes are graduated in 2-unit intervals and are ideal for doses over 50 units.

madman

Super Moderator
Ok, sorry to bump this back up but one more question... I understand the gauges and inches/ length of the needles, but what is recommended for the cc of the syringe.?. I'm seeing a lot of .5cc and 1cc but don't understand the difference.

.5cc=.5ml/1cc=1ml

.5cc is easier to read when drawing medication as the lines are further apart and one can be more accurate when using doses .5ml or less for injections.

1ml can be used for smaller doses also but will be some what less accurate than using a .5ml or .3ml syringe.

AntCon

madman - thanks , I think I'm going to go with the .5 cc then. Atleast to start , and if dosing changes later on will adjust if needed . Thanks again.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me