Back waxing, acne, and TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Esq

I hope this isn't too odd of a question, but curious if anothers have experienced the same and might have a solution. I've always had a bit of hair growth on my shoulders and back, and for years have gotten those areas waxed every 6-8 weeks. Over probably 10+ years of relatively regular waxing, I never had a single breakout or skin issue of any kind post-waxing.
Since starting TRT about 7 months ago, my back has broken out terribly each time I've gotten waxed. All is good for 2 or 3 days after the wax, and then extremely painful, cystic-like acne pops up on my back, mostly across my upper back and some mid-back (shoulders and lower back stay clear) and sticks around for weeks and weeks. TRT in and of itself hasn't really caused acne issues, other than a few short flareups when dosage adjustments have been made, but the post-waxing breakouts are horrible and seem to get worse with each waxing. I still have some lingering spots after my last wax, which was over 6 weeks ago.
Obviously, if there's no perfect solution, I'll just give up on waxing. I'm not insanely hairy, but I (and my wife) do prefer smooth shoulders and back if possible. It's also possible this isn't TRT-related, but I never had a single breakout in over 10 years of waxing until starting TRT.
My hormone levels are in good ranges and pretty stable now, so I don't think out-of-whack e2 or anything like that is causing this.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I actually get a haircut once a week from one of my sons, when he's done with my hair on my head, he runs the trimmer over my back and shoulder and cuts off all the excess hair. I think it actually looks great and all the girls I've dated have never complained. I do get acne on my head but since I started using sulfur soap for my head and face it has eliminated most of my acne.

I do laser on my back once every quarter. The treatment actually helps to kill bacteria there and helps with the acne. But it is expensive. Due to repeat treatments the back hair is thinning but not completely gone yet.

I actually get a haircut once a week from one of my sons, when he's done with my hair on my head, he runs the trimmer over my back and shoulder and cuts off all the excess hair. I think it actually looks great and all the girls I've dated have never complained. I do get acne on my head but since I started using sulfur soap for my head and face it has eliminated most of my acne.

I agree I have the GF trim up my back every few weeks.

madman

Super Moderator
I hope this isn't too odd of a question, but curious if anothers have experienced the same and might have a solution. I've always had a bit of hair growth on my shoulders and back, and for years have gotten those areas waxed every 6-8 weeks. Over probably 10+ years of relatively regular waxing, I never had a single breakout or skin issue of any kind post-waxing.
Since starting TRT about 7 months ago, my back has broken out terribly each time I've gotten waxed. All is good for 2 or 3 days after the wax, and then extremely painful, cystic-like acne pops up on my back, mostly across my upper back and some mid-back (shoulders and lower back stay clear) and sticks around for weeks and weeks. TRT in and of itself hasn't really caused acne issues, other than a few short flareups when dosage adjustments have been made, but the post-waxing breakouts are horrible and seem to get worse with each waxing. I still have some lingering spots after my last wax, which was over 6 weeks ago.
Obviously, if there's no perfect solution, I'll just give up on waxing. I'm not insanely hairy, but I (and my wife) do prefer smooth shoulders and back if possible. It's also possible this isn't TRT-related, but I never had a single breakout in over 10 years of waxing until starting TRT.
My hormone levels are in good ranges and pretty stable now, so I don't think out-of-whack e2 or anything like that is causing this.

Have someone just trim it for you with clippers as even though you stated you never had any issues from waxing the previous 10+ years.

Waxing is removing the hairs from the root and the hair follicle is more prone to bacteria build up/inflammation and irritation when the new hair starts to regrow which is also more prone to being ingrown.

Now that you are on trt your sebaceous glands are producing more sebum which can tend to clog/block the pores and now that area may be more prone to breakouts.

Face/head/upper chest/upper back are the areas most likely to be prone to excess oilyness.

Maybe try using a salicylic acid (2-3%) body wash as it will kill bacteria, speed up skin shedding, help loosen up clogged pores and has a mild anti-inflammatory effect.

Dave B.

So, I've had some difficult acne on my forehead that once flared up, was very hard to get rid of. The testosterone is a big red flag when it comes to "what changed?" in your life, but other things can make it worse.

Age, for one. I suddenly had breakouts right around the time I turned 45, never had them before, but guess what age is a factor.

Next is diet. Acne is an inflammation response that loves to go into overdrive when I eat refined sugar, refined flour, beer, etc. I cut out sugar and grains and my skin cleared up very quickly despite starting TRT. My doctor thought being on TRT would make all my acne worse, since I was worried about that, but I cleared it up with diet along with some regular application of Nizoral shampoo, which seemed to help also.

I was going to add that I've been shaving my head and chest for decades. It's super easy, just have your wife shave your back once every week or so. Waxing, yeesh, that gives me the willies. Haha.

Last edited:

Kirk001

Was it a different waxer or do you always see the same person? It may be totally irrelevant and I haven't experienced as bad as what you did, but I do seem to notice a difference depending on which gal does the waxing. This last time I went I got a lot of bumps on my back afterwords, whereas the previous time with a different gal I didn't... not sure why it should make a difference but there's nothing else different between the two times that I can see.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me