Getting Off the Biopsy Train in Prostate Cancer

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

One of the topics all of us on TRT always remain wary of is prostate cancer. In a recent article, the issue of how prostate cancer is diagnosed and managed was discussed thoroughly. As noted...you may not be getting on the biopsy train if you receive a positive diagnosis.

Freddie Hamdy, MBChB, a leading prostate cancer researcher and head of urology at University of Oxford, blew my mind when I spoke with him the other day.
He told me we are on the cusp of a revolution in active surveillance (AS) for prostate cancer -- one that will in effect "cure" my cancer with a swipe of a pen as cancer will be redefined.
A prostate cancer diagnosis with a low-risk Gleason 6 changed my life in December 2010. My first urologist offered to rush me to the OR. I declined and got a second opinion. Instead, I opted for AS and have been on it ever since.
Over the past seven and a half years, I have had five biopsies. Sixty cores were removed. Only once has a biopsy showed up a tiny 1-mm shred of Gleason 6 cancer.
A urologist friend told me: "When I get my prostate cancer, I want to have what you have."

"Getting Off Biopsy Train in Prostate Cancer" Medpage Today, May 14, 2018, https://www.medpagetoday.com/specia...term=Daily Headlines - Active User - 180 days

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Guy working for me just had his prostate removed. I don't know his history but he's doing well but talks a lot about his now incontinence problem which should be enough to get every guy monitoring their Prostate.

CoastWatcher

Guy working for me just had his prostate removed. I don't know his history but he's doing well but talks a lot about his now incontinence problem which should be enough to get every guy monitoring their Prostate.

My urologist (not my TRT doctor) has said that patients on TRT, because we are more attentive to our prostate's health, may actually be at a lesser risk. We certainly should be in a position to respond to issues early on.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me