Low T because of obesity?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Low T because of obesity?

Yes, but it's a multifaceted problem!

Hi Country, I always thought body fat made your E2 go up because there is a lot of the enzyme aromatase in it.
I would think prolactin would also go up do to body fat. I am missing the connection of why body fat would take a TT down so low.
What do you think?

shayima have they tested you for primary or secondary hypogonadism? Primary is your balls don't make T and secondary indicates a problem in the hypothalamus or the pituitary gland which sends the signals to the testis to make T

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

shayima

Hi Country, I always thought body fat made your E2 go up because there is a lot of the enzyme aromatase in it.
I would think prolactin would also go up do to body fat. I am missing the connection of why body fat would take a TT down so low.
What do you think?

shayima have they tested you for primary or secondary hypogonadism? Primary is your balls don't make T and secondary indicates a problem in the hypothalamus or the pituitary gland which sends the signals to the testis to make T

All the things my urologist tested is in the original post, so i don't think he tested for that and just assumed it was from me being fat.

SoCal Guy

You might test a zero carb diet to see if it can help you get further than low carb could.

http://meatheals.com

Scroll down to the Nevada Gray case study as well. She's not a paraplegic, but suffered some spinal nerve impingement that was partially ameliorated with zero carb.

Really, I wish you could access an M.D. like Dr. Saya, but I suspect you won't be able to swing that.

Good luck.

shayima

You might test a zero carb diet to see if it can help you get further than low carb could.

http://meatheals.com

Scroll down to the Nevada Gray case study as well. She's not a paraplegic, but suffered some spinal nerve impingement that was partially ameliorated with zero carb.

Really, I wish you could access an M.D. like Dr. Saya, but I suspect you won't be able to swing that.

Good luck.

Gonna look into it, I have an appointment with the private health clinic in 5 days so i'll talk to the doc there to see if the low T could be the reason why pretty much no diets work(I do really stick to them). Nope, unfortunately I live in Sweden so can't get access to defy or anything of the sorts :/

1Draw

shayima since you are going to a health clinic, I would have them run a FULL thyroid panel as well as testosterone. Yes your testosterone is low and will prevent weight loss but, with what you have been thru you may be hypothyroid as well since it is well studied that unable to lose weight is a CLASSIC symptom. Here is a couple of good websites to read thru:

https://www.restartmed.com/thyroid-symptoms-men/
https://www.restartmed.com/normal-thyroid-levels/

Good luck and hopefully you will find a doctor who knows how to treat both.

Will definitely talk to him about running a full thyroid panel aswell, thanks for the links!

shayima as I understand it TRT doesn't work very well if you have thyroid problems.
The good news is the tests are not very expensive and neither is the drugs if your thyroid need a little help.

shayima

shayima as I understand it TRT doesn't work very well if you have thyroid problems.
The good news is the tests are not very expensive and neither is the drugs if your thyroid need a little help.

Yeah, I know, as I said, gonna ask the doc about running a thyroid panel, I personally feel like I probably have hypogonadism though because the symptoms fits better, they kinda overlap, but the ones who are unique to thyroid problems such as dry skin, change in skin texture, sleeping/insomnia, constipation, inability to tolerate cold temperatures, muscle aches etc doesn't fit my issues whilst a majority of hypogonadism's symptoms fit, that being said, it's definitely not impossible it's a thyroid problem.

Systemlord

Here is more analysis of how losing weight impacts natural testosterone levels with supporting studies. It looks like it's good for relatively small bumps.
Dr. Mohit Khera says the majority of obese men can expect at most a 250 ng/dL increase after losing weight.

It pains me to see men expecting to go from the bottom end of the ranges to the top end of the ranges when their in the 40-50's.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching