My Arimidex and high Estrogen story

Buy Lab Tests Online

niteplayer

I want to share my story about TRT, high Estrogen and extreme sensitivity to Arimidex because I think it will help others (like myself who search for this information).

I started TRT 5 months ago because had low testosterone levels. At first it was amazing, got my energy back, sex drive was through the roof (seriously almost had a wet dream age 36), zest for life was back and gym strength was through the roof. I was on 50mg of test per week, 500ui of HCG twice per week and it got my testosterone levels back from 250 to around 800 in 2 months (free Test was above optimal). Things were good for the first few months then I got greedy and wanted more T.

I got greedy and without my doctors approval I started taking 50mg T twice per week. This is where things went bad, extreme nipple sensitivity, complete lack of libido, hot flashes and some anxiety (gym strength was still good). So I was tested again and T was 1300 and E2 was 180 with E2 range as <150. So my E2 was too high and I was really feeling it. So I called the doctor and told him to write a script for Arimidex and he did it for a dose of .5 pill every second day for 1 month. I knew from reading this forum that this dose was too high but did it anyways for 1 week then got labs and (1 week after taking arimidex) and my E2 completely crashed to undetectable regions.

Crazy thing about that week on arimidex is that on the second day of taking it I could actually feel myself crashing through the sweet spot and had extreme libido for like 3 hours then crashed into a state of fatigue. After 1 week I stopped taking arimidex.

From here, I started getting weekly labs done and found out I was extremely sensitive to Arimidex and had E2 spikes, probably because I am (was) about 30 pounds overweight.

Anyhow, this is the data I think is valuable for others with E2 spikes and arimidex sensitivity (I plotted it all in excel as I was going):

Starting point after I crashed my E2 <40 and T 20

1. Week one - week prior to lab took 30mg Test twice per week HCG .3 twice per week), = Lab showed T 16 on scale of (8 to 29), E2 <40 (scale <150 in range). Feel super tired, weak libido and weak erection power.

2. Week two - week prior to lab took 35mg Test twice per week HCG .5 twice per week, no arimidex = Lab T 21 on scale of (8 to 29), E2 79 (scale <150 in range). still tired and weak libido and erection. Gym strength strong.

3. Week three - week prior to lab took 45mg Test twice per week HCG .6 twice per week, no arimidex = Lab T 33 on scale of (8 to 29), E2 135 (scale <150 in range), also took E2 sensitivity test and was about 20% over the top range, checked free testosterone and it was also about 30% over the top range. Gym strength strong. Felt horny but no erection power.

4. Week four - week prior to lab took 35mg Test twice per week HCG .3 twice per week, .2/twice per week arimidex = Lab never tested T, E2 <40 (scale <150 in range). NOTICE the E2 crash on small Arimidex dose!!

5. Week five - week prior to lab took 35mg Test twice per week HCG .3 twice per week, no arimidex = T Lab never tested, E2 85 (scale <150 in range). I started to feel like an absolute legend again, sex drive and libido was back at the level of a 16 year old, sex easy 4-5 times per day. I was back in the game. At this point I knew I had to mix in some arimidex or face the same consequence as week 3 where it spiked.

6. Week six - week prior to lab took 35mg Test twice per week HCG .3 twice per week, .1 x 2 per week arimidex (total .2 arimidex in week) = T Lab never tested, E2 54 (scale <150 in range). Libido and everything else is amazing. But starting to feel tired again.

7. Week seven - week prior to lab took 35mg Test twice per week HCG .3 twice per week, .1 once per week arimidex = T Lab never tested, E2 75 (scale <150 in range). Think I might be in the sweet spot again but I can still feel E2 is slightly low, was tired at beginning of week with weaker erections and labido but coming back strong.

So I dont really know anything about TRT other than what I read in the forum but what helped me most is getting weekly blood work done. Hopefully I can stay in the sweetspot, which seems to be an E2 around 85, but weirdly enough it seems that .1 arimidex per week does the job. I know some people require much more. But .1/week seems to work for me.

Another thing, it seems that E2 plays a bigger role in sex drive and erection power than testosterone. Anyone else notice this?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Hi niteplayer welcome to the forum.
Wow I'll bet this report took some time and money to put together. Thank you for sharing your findings.

We have a few members here that are AI haters I am sure they will chime in.

I use an AI and love it. However I have always known it was very powerful. When I ran my trough TT up to 1175 My AI dose was .375/wk and it held my E2 sens at 28.9 My libido was thru the roof. I was chasing the wify around the house. We had quite a laugh over it.

Nashtide

Thanks for telling your story. It will help other new guys. I also like anastrazole. I take a very small amount, but it's the only way I can keep my E2 where I want it. Luckily, I am not sensitive to anastrazole. However, I am sensitive to changes in my E2. When my E2 is in the right range for me, life is awesome. High energy and libido. Great workouts and sleep. When my E2 begins to creep up, I just increase my anastrazole slightly and I bounce back very quickly. So yes, for me, E2 is the variable I monitor most closely.

1. Week one - week prior to lab took 30mg Test twice per week HCG .3 twice per week), = Lab showed T 16 on scale of (8 to 29), E2 <40 (scale <150 in range). Feel super tired, weak libido and weak erection power.

2. Week two - week prior to lab took 35mg Test twice per week HCG .5 twice per week, no arimidex = Lab T 21 on scale of (8 to 29), E2 79 (scale <150 in range). still tired and weak libido and erection. Gym strength strong.

3. Week three - week prior to lab took 45mg Test twice per week HCG .6 twice per week, no arimidex = Lab T 33 on scale of (8 to 29), E2 135 (scale <150 in range), also took E2 sensitivity test and was about 20% over the top range, checked free testosterone and it was also about 30% over the top range. Gym strength strong. Felt horny but no erection power.

4. Week four - week prior to lab took 35mg Test twice per week HCG .3 twice per week, .2/twice per week arimidex = Lab never tested T, E2 <40 (scale <150 in range). NOTICE the E2 crash on small Arimidex dose!!

5. Week five - week prior to lab took 35mg Test twice per week HCG .3 twice per week, no arimidex = T Lab never tested, E2 85 (scale <150 in range). I started to feel like an absolute legend again, sex drive and libido was back at the level of a 16 year old, sex easy 4-5 times per day. I was back in the game. At this point I knew I had to mix in some arimidex or face the same consequence as week 3 where it spiked.

6. Week six - week prior to lab took 35mg Test twice per week HCG .3 twice per week, .1 x 2 per week arimidex (total .2 arimidex in week) = T Lab never tested, E2 54 (scale <150 in range). Libido and everything else is amazing. But starting to feel tired again.

7. Week seven - week prior to lab took 35mg Test twice per week HCG .3 twice per week, .1 once per week arimidex = T Lab never tested, E2 75 (scale <150 in range). Think I might be in the sweet spot again but I can still feel E2 is slightly low, was tired at beginning of week with weaker erections and labido but coming back strong.

So I dont really know anything about TRT other than what I read in the forum but what helped me most is getting weekly blood work done. Hopefully I can stay in the sweetspot, which seems to be an E2 around 85, but weirdly enough it seems that .1 arimidex per week does the job. I know some people require much more. But .1/week seems to work for me.

Another thing, it seems that E2 plays a bigger role in sex drive and erection power than testosterone. Anyone else notice this?

You simply cannot approach in this manner...one week its this, one week it's that, and you're getting the wrong E2 testing. Anything other than the (Ultra)Sensitive Estradiol LC/MS/MS is a test that is for women and cannot be used. Arimidex use is fine when it's warranted with symptoms and the proper testing, I applaud youre note taking and being in tune with yourself.

niteplayer

You simply cannot approach in this manner...one week its this, one week it's that, and you're getting the wrong E2 testing. Anything other than the (Ultra)Sensitive Estradiol LC/MS/MS is a test that is for women and cannot be used. Arimidex use is fine when it's warranted with symptoms and the proper testing, I applaud youre note taking and being in tune with yourself.

But why cant I? I was able to dial in by using this method.

I got this (Ultra)Sensitive Estradiol LC/MS/MS test done in week 3 at Quest Diagnostics and it showed high at 35 with range <29 and E2 was also high at 37 with range <39. So it seems like the two tests are highly correlated.

Systemlord

I got this (Ultra)Sensitive Estradiol LC/MS/MS test done in week 3 at Quest Diagnostics and it showed high at 35 with range <29 and E2 was also high at 37 with range <39. So it seems like the two tests are highly correlated.

No you can't dial in this way, every time you make even a small change in dosage, it takes 6 weeks to reach stable testosterone blood levels, you make a minor course correction and (reset) it's another 6 weeks to stable state. Within that 6 weeks your levels are fluctuating wildly, week 7 was actually week 4 for you.

niteplayer if you dig around on this forum you will see some guys have both E2 tests done.
I have seen some as close as 2 points and some as far apart as 20 points.
That said only the US and Canada have the sens E2 test and the rest of the world has the normal and they seems to be able to get dialed in.

The typical answer that is given around here once it is determined that you can't get the sens E2 test is "How are you feeling?"
So I guess you take the ladies E2 value(knowing there could be a 20 point error) and how are you feeling to determine if you should take an AI.

My TRT Doc uses the sens test to track my E2 but I control my E2 strictly by how I feel and I adjust my AI accordingly. So far I have not been too high or to low at checkup time and my doc is still writting the prescription for the AI knowing that I do that.

niteplayer

You are talking about just Testosterone or E2 also?

Thing is that the E2 is spiking within days of increasing Testosterone dosage, the labs and body tell me this. Also, E2 is crashing immediately (within 24 hours) after micro arimidex doses and this is backed up by the labs and body. So it seems like with E2 and arimidex the bulk of the impact is immediate and I am not seeing any 2 week delays.

niteplayer

I will start getting both the E2 and and (Ultra)Sensitive Estradiol LC/MS/MS tests and report back after a few months when I have more data.

Vince

Super Moderator
I will start getting both the E2 and and (Ultra)Sensitive Estradiol LC/MS/MS tests and report back after a few months when I have more data.

I would have to agree with Vince Carter, you can't do weekly changes and expect good results. It takes a minimum of six weeks for your testosterone to stabilize. We know that E2 follows T, so once you stabilize your T then you can stabilize your estradiol.

CoastWatcher

Serum levels take at least four weeks to become stable; six weeks is a safer bet. Changes week over week overlook the half-life of the drug.

Thing is that the E2 is spiking within days of increasing Testosterone dosage, the labs and body tell me this. Also, E2 is crashing immediately (within 24 hours) after micro arimidex doses and this is backed up by the labs and body. So it seems like with E2 and arimidex the bulk of the impact is immediate and I am not seeing any 2 week delays.

Your first statement I bolded is what's called E follows T. You take the T , it peaks within 48 hours and some of that T , based on SHGB, is converted (Aromatase) to estradiol (E2)

On your statement of instant relief from high E2 symptoms after taking your AI. I also can feel my AI within hours, 4 to be exact, of taking it. My dose is .125
I have never needed to take more that 3 pill a week or .375

hth

Systemlord

Yes it's spiking within days but isn't stable until 6 weeks, it will spike and fall, spike and fall until you reach 6 weeks where it stabilizes. You can't circumvent this process, you may feel stable when in fact you are not.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I moved this thread to the side effect management one. I am noticing more and more people posting in the wrong forum folders. Come'on guys!

Serum levels take at least four weeks to become stable; six weeks is a safer bet. Changes week over week overlook the half-life of the drug.
Hi CW,
He has 7 weeks of blood tests. That is more than the 4-6 weeks everyone is asking.
I don't see a problem with knowing what is happening to your lvl each week. Some of us are data freaks. What am I missing?

Sure it's expensive to get a test every week but I don't see the harm in it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me