Updated Results, Low SHBG

Buy Lab Tests Online

River Rat

All - I am currently working on getting set up as a new client with Defy. They have all required tests but I have to donate blood to bring HCT down to 48 to 50 % prior to them seeing me as a patient. I am interested in getting opinions on the blood levels posted. My local Endocrinologist who I had convinced to order the tests says everything is OK. Please note that the tests results are while I was off TRT for 7 weeks. I was only on TRT for 1 month.

It looks to me like I have low SHBG at 15. I am curious if you all think I would benefit from TRT.

Again, I am going with Defy to review as well. It is just going to be a month or so before I can see them because of my high HCT.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 303
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
low shbg guys usually either have no effect from trt or have negatives because of high free e2 and trt lower shbg even further. I wouldnt shut myself down for no reason if I would have very low shbg levels

Vince

Super Moderator
Some low guys shbg can really struggle with feeling good on TRT. Low shbg needs frequent injections of testosterone. Your FT4 is low, I wonder what your FT3 and RT3 looks like.

River Rat

low shbg guys usually either have no effect from trt or have negatives because of high free e2 and trt lower shbg even further. I wouldnt shut myself down for no reason if I would have very low shbg levels

Thanks for the response. I am not going on TRT for no reason. I have felt terrible for 18 months with typical Low T symptoms. My worst symptom is fatigue, anxiety and no morning wood, etc...

At this point, I will try anything.

One way to look at low SHBG in this specific instance is how much free T you have....2.8%. That's pretty damn good...the individual numbers themselves TT and FT as abysmal but then if you change how you choose to look at it....you could be doing A LOT worse.

Low SHBG has been beat to death...I suggest you search and spend some time reading.

River Rat

One way to look at low SHBG in this specific instance is how much free T you have....2.8%. That's pretty damn good...the individual numbers themselves TT and FT as abysmal but then if you change how you choose to look at it....you could be doing A LOT worse.

Low SHBG has been beat to death...I suggest you search and spend some time reading.

Thanks Vince.

River Rat

So the million dollar question is whether or not I am considered to have Low T. My free T is within range but low.

^depends how you want to look at it.. you could have more free t if you would be on trt but then another problem arises - high free e2 which can remove the benefits of having higher free t.. if you start trt you may have lower natural T if you decide to quit it and function on your natural testosterone. you need an opinion of experienced doctor and some time to think which option is better long term
low shbg is a bitch when it comes to trt. people think its better to have low shbg because your free hormones will be higher but in reality thats mostly low shbg guys who struggle with feeling good on trt.. if you would have high shbg you just can supress it with higher trt dose but low shbg you cant change it just work around it

Systemlord

When I scored these numbers I felt like death, my Total T was 225, SHBG low 20's and by the numbers had good Free T within 2-3 percentage. I went on TRT and starting to feel amazing, I think these Free T labs and calculations can't account for everything, it's not an exact science. There's still so many unknowns in androgens and these ranges only confuse matters, the one thing I have learned is everyone is different. Some guys naturally have DHT above ranges, so to assume everyone fits into the same 2-3% free T is short-sighted.

River Rat

When I scored these numbers I felt like death, my Total T was 225, SHBG low 20's and by the numbers had good Free T within 2-3 percentage. I went on TRT and starting to feel amazing, I think these Free T labs and calculations can't account for everything, it's not an exact science. There's still so many unknowns in androgens and these ranges only confuse matters, the one thing I have learned is everyone is different. Some guys naturally have DHT above ranges, so to assume everyone fits into the same 2-3% free T is short-sighted.

Systemlord - do you mind me asking what your current protocol is?

paralyzer

As I've said on other posts here, I have low SHBG that never rises (it's usually around 9 or 10). I started injecting 4 to 5 times per week, instead of the two I was doing before. Noticed a massive difference. More frequent injecting (with micro doses) is a great way to get around low SHBG.

S1W

After looking at your labs and seeing your statement, "I have felt terrible for 18 months with typical Low T symptoms", I say give it a shot. Life is too short. Before starting though, are you ok with daily injections? That might be something you need to do.

Vince

Super Moderator
After looking at your labs and seeing your statement, "I have felt terrible for 18 months with typical Low T symptoms", I say give it a shot. Life is too short. Before starting though, are you ok with daily injections? That might be something you need to do.

I agree I would give daily injections a shot because of your low shbg. I've been doing daily injections for almost 2 years now even though I'm not a low shbg guy. With dailies I have felt by best.

Systemlord

Systemlord - do you mind me asking what your current protocol is?

It's going to be 20mg EOD, but I'll need AI support before I can attempt it. Last SHBG results 18 mnol/L. 50mg twice weekly I feel mediocre, one thing I notice on my EOD protocol is veins starting showing more, no not so much.

River Rat

Thanks for the post. Yes, I am fine with daily injections. I was thinking of starting with every other day injections to see how I feel. I am in the process of becoming a patient with Defy. I am hopeful they can set me up with a good protocal.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me