New member--hello men

Buy Lab Tests Online

JRC

Hello all,

I found this forum last week and after reading some great information here, I decided to join. I'm 41 and I've always felt tired, fatigued and anxious through my entire adult life (two decades). I thought this was the biology given to me and I need to put up with it.

But it was a miserable existence, I didn't have the drive to get off the bed in mornings and seize the day. No morning wood. Erectile issues as well. There were only sporadic bursts of productivity (such as a project deadline), but the next day I will feel completely exhausted. I started lifting since 35 and optimized my nutrition, it was helpful to get rid of fat and I usually feel good in those days.

After reading the forum, I went ahead and did a blood panel. Here are the results:

Total T: 715 ng/dL
Free T: 1.79% (12.8 ng/dL)
Bioavailable T: 37.3% (267 ng/dL)
SHBG: 51.06 nmol/L
Albumin: 3.8 g/dL
E2/Estradiol: 57.42 pg/mL
Prolactin: 9.00 ng/mL

My total T seems decent. However, high E2 & SHBG levels and a below average Free T. Planning to take the results to a doctor next week, In the meantime, anyone here could chime in with the interpretation of these numbers.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I would get a complete thyroid panel with reverse T3, check your A1C and fasting glucose. Vit D and magnesiium levels?

Systemlord

Welcome new member,

You will require a knowledgeable doctor in order to truly understand what those numbers mean, most just don't know much about male hormones, especially the SHBG connection and how it's intertwined with our Total T and free T. Low thyroid hormones go hand in hand with depression and anxiety, more times than not people are scripted SSRIs when what's need is thyroid hormones.

Order at least a full thyroid panel checking Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3 and antibodies. It's nice to have these before the doctors appointment so the discussion is more productive and action can be taken sooner. Your free T needs to be 2-3% which is considered normal, Total T means nothing if your free hormones are low.

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale. You mentioned, and referenced the results, of your estradiol test. Which test, ECLIA or LC, MS/MS (standard or sensitive), was run? The sensitive is the only e2 test men can rely on. If you are uncertain, lost the reference ranges; that's a dead giveaway.

JRC

I would get a complete thyroid panel with reverse T3, check your A1C and fasting glucose. Vit D and magnesiium levels?

Nice first post. Thank you!

Welcome new member,

You will require a knowledgeable doctor in order to truly understand what those numbers mean, most just don't know much about male hormones, especially the SHBG connection and how it's intertwined with our Total T and free T. Low thyroid hormones go hand in hand with depression and anxiety, more times than not people are scripted SSRIs when what's need is thyroid hormones.

Order at least a full thyroid panel checking Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3 and antibodies. It's nice to have these before the doctors appointment so the discussion is more productive and action can be taken sooner. Your free T needs to be 2-3% which is considered normal, Total T means nothing if your free hormones are low.

Welcome to Excelmale. You mentioned, and referenced the results, of your estradiol test. Which test, ECLIA or LC, MS/MS (standard or sensitive), was run? The sensitive is the only e2 test men can rely on. If you are uncertain, lost the reference ranges; that's a dead giveaway.

Thanks for your replies, Vince, Matt, Systemlord & CoastWatcher. I only posted T-panel results; apologies. Just noticed the Blood Panel Discussion sub-forum. I'll post my full results there. Thanks!

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching