Help with high prolactin levels

Buy Lab Tests Online

Heyzeus90

Hello

ive just got bloods back after being on clomid 12.5mg Eod for 3 weeks and my testosterone has increased but I'm concerned about my prolactin level.

I have no libido or random erections so I think this may be the cause.

Can clomid increase prolactin? What can I do to lower it? If clomid is a cause should I stop?
I've read stress can cause it to increase, I've recently broken up with my girlfriend after a stressful 4 months so maybe this could also be a cause, Thoughts?

Test results - ( my thyroid labs are normal, I had them done 3 weeks ago)

Hormones
TESTOSTERONE
23.4 nmol/L 7.60 - 31.40

FREETESTOSTERONE(CALCULATED)
0.438 nmol/L 0.30 - 1.00

OESTRADIOL
46.3 pmol/L 0.00 - 191.99

SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB
43.3 nmol/L 16.00 - 55.00

PROLACTIN
682 mIU/L 86.00 - 324.00

thank you for your help its much appriciated

ENDOCRINOLOGY
Hormones
TESTOSTERONE 23.4 nmol/L 7.60 - 31.40
FREE-TESTOSTERONE(CALCULATED) 0.438 nmol/L 0.30 - 1.00
17-BETA OESTRADIOL 46.3 pmol/L 0.00 - 191.99
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB 43.3

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

captain

Have you had MRI of the Pituitary Gland? I use Cabergoline and it does help me but it's subtle. I have used it for 1 month and I don't know if it gets better or stops working but time will tell. I get labs soon to see what it's doing.

Heyzeus90

Have you had MRI of the Pituitary Gland? I use Cabergoline and it does help me but it's subtle. I have used it for 1 month and I don't know if it gets better or stops working but time will tell. I get labs soon to see what it's doing.

No I've never had a MRI, this worries me you say this.
what other causes are there for high prolactin?

My low test test is due to steroid use if that helps, no Deca etc tho only test

captain

Pituitary tumor but I think levels are higher than that. Opioids and Antidepressants can I think. High TRH levels and low DHEA I have read can cause elevated Prolactin.

Heyzeus90

It states this
"The cause of pituitary tumors remains unknown. It has been shown that stress can significantly raise prolactin levels, which should make stress a diagnostic differential, though it usually is not considered such. Most pituitary tumors are sporadic — they are not genetically passed from parents to offspring.The majority of moderately raised prolactin levels (up to 5000 mIU/L) are not due to microprolactinomas but other causes. The effects of some prescription drugs are the most common. Other causes are other pituitary tumours and normal pregnancy and breastfeeding. This is discussed more under hyperprolactinaemia."

Mine is nowhere near 5000miu/l, it's 600.

I have been very stressed for the past 4 months, in hoping this is the cause.
I'm unable to see a Dr for a couple of weeks.

CoastWatcher

Pituitary tumor but I think levels are higher than that. Opioids and Antidepressants can I think. High TRH levels and low DHEA I have read can cause elevated Prolactin.

From the Pituitary Network Association: " In men prolactinomas are usually not detected until they are large (macroadenomas), most have prolactin levels over 500 ng/ml. Most men diagnosed with a prolactinoma have some degree of loss of sex hormone production." As my friend Vince Carter noted, an MRI should be discussed with your doctor as it will relieve your stress.

From the Pituitary Network Association: " In men prolactinomas are usually not detected until they are large (macroadenomas), most have prolactin levels over 500 ng/ml. Most men diagnosed with a prolactinoma have some degree of loss of sex hormone production." As my friend Vince Carter noted, an MRI should be discussed with your doctor as it will relieve your stress.

Thank You, Sir!

Heyzeus90

I think there is some confusion with the messurements. 500ng/ml isn't the same as 500miu/l
the conversion from ng/ml to miu/l is X 44 so 500ng/ml is 22000miu/l

"The new units are pmol/l and to convery you need to multiply by 44. This means the normal level is less than
700 pmol/l or mIU/L" - https://www.drmalpani.com/ivfvideos/prolactin

captain

I have a guy that lives by me with a Tumor and has vision loss from it. Vision changes are loss of peripheral vision. He wrecks a car about every 6 months where he pulls out in front of people and gets plowed.

CoastWatcher

I think there is some confusion with the messurements. 500ng/ml isn't the same as 500miu/l
the conversion from ng/ml to miu/l is X 44 so 500ng/ml is 22000miu/l

"The new units are pmol/l and to convery you need to multiply by 44. This means the normal level is less than
700 pmol/l or mIU/L" - https://www.drmalpani.com/ivfvideos/prolactin

I am not confused at all with the units of measure, nor am I suggesting they are equivalent. I offer what the Pituitary Network advises and concur with my friend VC - doubling the reference range on any lab value calls for a discussion with your doctor. All the best.

captain

4.0-15.2 ng/mL is LabCorp normal range. My research lead me to believe Tumor would be in the 200 up range. My doctor says it's normal for some to spike to 30s. You would retest to confirm probably more than once. If it's stays high an MRI to check.

That's the easiest thing there if an MRI is bothersom just retest your Prolactin, there could be some lab error there. Also avoid sex 24-48hrs prior to your blood draw and fast for ~10 hours, too. If you get a repeat PRL test that is high...ya, it's MRI time.

Heyzeus90

4.0-15.2 ng/mL is LabCorp normal range. My research lead me to believe Tumor would be in the 200 up range. My doctor says it's normal for some to spike to 30s. You would retest to confirm probably more than once. If it's stays high an MRI to check.

Interesting, thank you for posting their lab ranges, in MIU/L with that lab I would still be in range albeit very high.
Im going to hold off on a MRI and get retested, the reason being is I've just remembered I was unwell for 1 week and took a lot of painkillers during this time, I took the bloods 3 days after I was well again and reading suggests prolactin can be raised due to painkillers and there is also links to the immune system.

I hope anyway, I'll retest next week and if they are out of range still I will arrange a MRI

Thank you everyone for your input, it's much appreciated

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching