Full body workout vs split

Buy Lab Tests Online
I finally started lifting after 30 years. I´ve been preparing now to go to a gym in June using a home gym machine. I don´t want to spend more than max 45min 3 times a week. Question: full body workout or split??

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
If that's the only time you have, I wouldn't use a split. You want to keep it simple, hit it real hard, and then get out. Personally, I am not a big fan of going to the gym for a lot of reasons. I wrote this on a blog I used to have outlining the reasons:

http://mindbodycoach.org/going-gym-doesnt-work/

if if you have the discipline to work out at home do it. If you have enough time in your life do it. If you don't, invest in some equipment you will use and work out at home. I got a bag of elastic workout bands, a TRX, and a schwinn airdyne that's 30 years old and never have an excuse to miss a workout.

Vince

Super Moderator
You can get a good full body workout in 45 minutes. I would just hit the weights, start slow and make it part of your life.

Thx! What I haven´t decided is if 3 x week full body workout or split is to prefer. At the moment I split 2 day in a row and rest one day etc..

Nashtide

Thx! What I haven´t decided is if 3 x week full body workout or split is to prefer. At the moment I split 2 day in a row and rest one day etc..
I'm like you, I hit the gym 3x/week and try to get in and out in 45 minutes. At my age, I'm looking for strength, some muscle development and leanness. I do a total body workout each time. One exercise per body part with 4 sets. The last set is a drop set or a rest-pause set or some other time under tension set. I don't go to the gym on consecutive days. This routine has been great. I've achieved all my goals and it's easy to maintain.

I aim to get more leannees and toned muscles and I read somewhere that full body workouts burn fat for a longer time. But I don´t know if that is true.

madman

Super Moderator
I aim to get more leannees and toned muscles and I read somewhere that full body workouts burn fat for a longer time. But I don´t know if that is true.

Working the larger muscles such as the back, legs, glutes using compound movements will increase ones metabolism due to the cost of energy during the repair process in the resting phase (days off) and the more muscle one adds to their frame the more efficient/robust their metabolism will be.

Muscle tissue burns a lot of energy even at rest and for every pound of muscle tissue (actin/myosin) gained the body will burn roughly an extra 50+ calories per day.

Increasing muscle tissue will have a direct impact on increasing ones BMR (basal metabolic rate).

DragonBits

I finally started lifting after 30 years. I´ve been preparing now to go to a gym in June using a home gym machine. I don´t want to spend more than max 45min 3 times a week. Question: full body workout or split??

I would go with full body, especially if you are just getting back into it. I think of split as people who spend more time focusing on already well developed muscles.

I am retired, I spend about 2 hours, 2 hours includes 2x10 min travel times and 20 min shower time. When I worked I would spend about an hour, that included a shower. I didn't include travel time as the gym was on the way to work.

If you only do 3 times a week, at least one should be cardio. Or you could combine cardio with weights, that isn't popular but a few people do that.

And it depends, does the 45 min include changing clothes and a shower. Just time lifting, 45 min is plenty.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me