Blood work results after dropping dosage to 110mg from 180mg a week

Buy Lab Tests Online
Accuracy for one, yes, I remember a time recently I pulled a 1322 Total...no way that was right and as I/we like to say when one is way out there, retest. But too, I think we you dig in to some ones routine, I think it's not hard or too many questions have to be put forth before you find out that people aren't are strict in their regimen as they purport to be. the introduction of variables is a huge factor.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I know. But I am that kind of person that wants to understand things. I am by no means overwhelmed just trying to understand :)
Blood pressure has been 105-115/65-75 range (my BP was a little elevated before TRT). HCT is getting lower.
So i will lower my dosage to 100mg and stay there for a while see how things go.
I have read somewhere in this forum that free testosterone direct can be all over the place during the day. Not sure if there is any truth to that but. Bottom line is i am feeling great, HCT is getting under control and my iron numbers are great again (not sure if you remember my out of whack iron levels a few months ago when I was at a higher dosage)

https://endocrinenews.endocrine.org/review-looks-implications-free-testosterone-measurements/

madman

Super Moderator
Regarding free testosterone I would not rely on direct analog assay especially in cases where one has low or high SHBG.

Blackhawk

I'm am wondering about lab accuracy. After two or three readings in high 800's on a little over and a little under 100mg/week, my last test done the same time relative to trough and E3d injections came in at over 1000. All Labcorp. WTF?

I asked dr Saya about this. His reply:

-Could be from lab variation/error
-Endogenous production of T can vary even while on TRT especially using HCG, so my boys may have just been producing a bit more than usual

-or combination thereof

HealthMan

Got my estradiol sensitive results. 34.9 (8-35) - no anastrozole. Thats a bit too high for me (FT a bit too high as well). I have reduced my dosage to 100mg a week. That should bring my estradiol lower. However to prevent any reoccurring gyno my estradiol usually needs to be no more than mid 20s. Zinc was working to keep gyno issues at bay but i had to stop it was elevating my BP. So maybe i will need 0.125mg anastrozole once a week lets see.

HealthMan

Just an update. My PCP end up ordering some labs because he performs the yearly physical Defy requires. After changing my testosterone dosage to 100mg a week my TT 22 hours before injection was 780. He didnt measure FT and to be honest i had no clue he would order blood work on the spot.
I feel amazing and this has been my lowest dosage ever. I had to add anastrozole again (0.125mg twice a week) because despite normal estradiol levels I am very sensitive to gyno (probably too high free estradiol given my low SHBG) so i indeed need my estradiol in the low 20 area to avoid gyno. Hematocrit has been stable after almost 4 months. In a couple of months I will check again hematocrit and estradiol. The only thing a bit off is my HDL (38). I have added 500mg niacin to see if that helps.
Creatinine high as usual but PCP not concerned. Also i have a injury in my biceps and put a few pounds of muscle lately so that doesn’t help creatinine either.
Normal BUN and BUN/creatinine ratio. Normal urinalysis with no protein or blood in my urine.

madman

Super Moderator
Just an update. My PCP end up ordering some labs because he performs the yearly physical Defy requires. After changing my testosterone dosage to 100mg a week my TT 22 hours before injection was 780. He didnt measure FT and to be honest i had no clue he would order blood work on the spot.
I feel amazing and this has been my lowest dosage ever. I had to add anastrozole again (0.125mg twice a week) because despite normal estradiol levels I am very sensitive to gyno (probably too high free estradiol given my low SHBG) so i indeed need my estradiol in the low 20 area to avoid gyno. Hematocrit has been stable after almost 4 months. In a couple of months I will check again hematocrit and estradiol. The only thing a bit off is my HDL (38). I have added 500mg niacin to see if that helps.
Creatinine high as usual but PCP not concerned. Also i have a injury in my biceps and put a few pounds of muscle lately so that doesn’t help creatinine either.
Normal BUN and BUN/creatinine ratio. Normal urinalysis with no protein or blood in my urine.

Glad to hear and those are very good total t numbers 6 days and 2hrs (lol) after your 100mg injection.

Will be interesting to see where your free t sits.

How are your ferritin levels now and were you taking iron bisglycinate 18mg twice daily for how long?

What type of injury do you have in biceps.....tendon or muscle?

Creatine kinase will definitely be elevated if one has an injury and of course when lifting weights and training intensely it will be elevated if blood work is done too soon without enough recovery/rest.

HealthMan

LOL. I know some members here are very strict when it comes to labs timing so just wanna make sure to explain that the 22h things wasn’t a choice! Also just to clarify i am taking 50mg cypionate twice a week.
My FT direct was ~ 29 (labcorp) and calculated was ~ 21 when i was using 55mg cypionate twice a week. So i guess at 50mg twice a week FT should still be pretty close to that.
My ferritin is now just above 30 (it was close to zero just before I drastically dropped my testosterone dosage. Dr Saya asked me to stop supplementing iron for various reasons. The main reason to lower my dosage was to reestablish iron homeostasis (my iron levels were off the charts due to supressed hepcidin) so we wanted to see if HCT would stabilize so we removed the iron to make sure the dosage reduction was working or not. But basically i supplemented with iron bisglycinate 18mg twice a day for just a couple of weeks after dropping my testosterone dosage. So my ferritin rose from almost zero to a little over 30 in 3 months without supplementing iron. If my hematocrit stabilizes and i can keep not donating blood i guess until the end of the year my ferritin should be back to good levels. If my hematocrit does not stabilize i will discussed with Dr Saya further reductions in my testosterone dosage.

Regarding my biceps i got tendonitis in both biceps for months now. So i am taking care of this now. Creatine Kinase was tested as well and was slightly elevated.
I have been testing my creatinine for over 15 years now and it has always been elevated anywhere from 1.25-1.4 and i am 210 pounds now with around 10% BF so definitely a lot of LBM to produce creatinine!

madman

Super Moderator
LOL. I know some members here are very strict when it comes to labs timing so just wanna make sure to explain that the 22h things wasn't a choice! Also just to clarify i am taking 50mg cypionate twice a week.
My FT direct was ~ 29 (labcorp) and calculated was ~ 21 when i was using 55mg cypionate twice a week. So i guess at 50mg twice a week FT should still be pretty close to that.
My ferritin is now just above 30 (it was close to zero just before I drastically dropped my testosterone dosage. Dr Saya asked me to stop supplementing iron for various reasons. The main reason to lower my dosage was to reestablish iron homeostasis (my iron levels were off the charts due to supressed hepcidin) so we wanted to see if HCT would stabilize so we removed the iron to make sure the dosage reduction was working or not. But basically i supplemented with iron bisglycinate 18mg twice a day for just a couple of weeks after dropping my testosterone dosage. So my ferritin rose from almost zero to a little over 30 in 3 months without supplementing iron. If my hematocrit stabilizes and i can keep not donating blood i guess until the end of the year my ferritin should be back to good levels. If my hematocrit does not stabilize i will discussed with Dr Saya further reductions in my testosterone dosage.

Regarding my biceps i got tendonitis in both biceps for months now. So i am taking care of this now. Creatine Kinase was tested as well and was slightly elevated.
I have been testing my creatinine for over 15 years now and it has always been elevated anywhere from 1.25-1.4 and i am 210 pounds now with around 10% BF so definitely a lot of LBM to produce creatinine!

Regarding your tendonitis in most cases when one has been lifting weight for a long time (years) most in fact develop tendinosis as oppose to tendinitis (which they think they have) and when one develops tendinosis the tendons are much more prone to a tear as tendinosis is a degeneration of the tendons collagen from chronic overuse.

I say this because I have weight trained for years heavy (low rep) mainly squats/deads/bench/barbell row/chins-pullups/close grip bench/dips/military press/upright rows and over time experienced the flare-ups elbows/shoulders due to overuse.

A few months back I was doing heavy barbell bent over rows using poundage I always use and every so often during my rep I felt a deep pain/throbbing radiate from my inner forearm close to my bicep tendon but could not pinpoint what it was so I just continued my routine.

This would happen every so often often when performing that exercise and instead of addressing it and trying to figure out what was causing the pain and at the very least stop training for a few weeks and rest it my body was telling me something was wrong.

Sure enough a few weeks later I was finishing up my workout and on my last exercise which is called the RENEGADE ROW on my last 2 sets before finishing my workout for the day.

I was using very heavy kettle bells (125lb), one in each arm and on my 3rd to last set when I was pulling the kettle bell up toward my lats it almost felt as if my right arm went weak and wanted to give out and it was my dominant (strong) right arm.

I should have stopped right there but the madman I am had my rest period and than did my 4th set and sure enough right towards my last few reps (5 reps/set) I went to pull the kettle bell up toward my last and as it came up I heard a loud snap with pain and my arm gave out, had to drop the weight.

I was devastated to say the least as I knew right than and there it was a bad injury, for a split second I was overwhelmed with grief as I had realized it was serious and the sad thing is at first I was more concerned with not being able to work out again and not knowing how severe it was.

I immediately felt my distal bicep tendon on my right arm to see if it was intact and it was but I could feel some fibers whether muscle or tendon of to the side and it did not feel good.

I waited until the morning to go to the hospital and had an ultrasound done and it turns out it was a partial tear of the distal bicep tendon but they did not know how severe as it may have been a complex partial tear so at the end of the day they said we are going to send you to an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow morning as they are more experienced with these type of injuries and you will have another ultrasound to see what degree/severity of the tear is.

Also told me to fast overnight as I may need to be prepared for immediate surgery in the morning if need be. I was so upset/angry/depressed thinking the worst.....maybe surgery, in a sling for 3 months, 4-6 month recovery....my mind was racing!

Went to hospital next morning and surgeon looked over my arm, did specific test to check the tendon, hook test as well as many others and assured me not to get worked up as we need to do another ultrasound to see the severity of the tear.

He also explained what surgery would involve and things that could possibly go wrong but said I was in good hand.

Had ultrasound done and than after surgeon came to speak with me and said good news is you do not need surgery as it is a small partial tear and the tendon is intact (tear on inside of tendon but torn away from bone).....bad news is you will have to be off work for 8 weeks minimum and it will take 16 weeks to fully heal and in some cases could be 6 months.

Told me I would have to stay away from lifting weights for at least 16 weeks (as if I would even take the chance) and that he expects a full recovery and eventually I will be able to lift again.

I was so thankful that I did not need surgery but at the same time I felt depressed that this will be the first time in my life I have to stop lifting and for 4 months.....damn everything was going so good all that strength/muscle I built over the years and now I have to stop.

Now thinking in the back of my mind I need to make sure this is fully healed and it will always be in the back of my mind when I start lifting.

One of the hardest things I have had to deal with as weight training is a big part of my life as I have always had a passion for nutrition/training and was fascinated about muscle building/nutrition/hormones since my youth.

I guess I need to look at this as a chance to give my whole body a rest from all the years of lifting as I rarely ever have even taken off a week from training which is stupidity on my part!

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
This is the exercise where I injured myself (RIGHT DISTAL BICEP TENDON TEAR) in my dominant arm.

Renegade Row builds bullet proof abs and a thick upper back.....one of the best core exercises out there, basically a PLANK using weight.

madman

Super Moderator

Seeing as you mentioned that you had experienced a bicep injury I felt the need to tell you of my experience and to pass on some advice as even though you may only have tendinitis I would look into it deeper as many cases of what people think is tendinitis is in fact tendinosis which is far worse and if not allowed to fully heal.....possibly 6-8weeks in cases caught in the early stages or worse case a full 4-6 months for complete recovery.

Otherwise if left untreated one has a higher chance of suffering a serious tendon injury eventually!

HealthMan

I really appreciate madman. I had a partial tear of my rotator cuff back in the day. My doctor wanted me to have surgery but I was able to recovery doing physical therapy 3x a day. I basically bought all the medical equipment necessary. Lazer, ultrasound, TENS, etc. i think my case is tendinitis so i have taken a break of biceps exercises and have been doing physical therapy. Other pull moves like working out my back don’t hurt. I really learnt the hard way as well to listen to my body. I have recently changed my workout to address the situation. Worst case scenario i will take a long break from the gym. Once again appreciate your time to tell your story!!

madman

Super Moderator
Madman was your creatinine elevated when you had issues with your tendon?

I had full blood work done 3-4 weeks after my surgery and my creatine kinase came back slightly over range.

Normally when I would be training if I had to do blood work than I would pick the longest break between my next workout so if I am lifting Tues/Fri/Sun than after my Tues workout I would go for blood work Friday to give at least 72 hrs and I know this is not ideal as every time my AST/ALT come back slightly elevated and my creatine kinase is usually in the high end of the normal range.

I know I should stop and give my body a rest for a full week and than get blood work but as I said I always hated taking time off.....stupid I know!

Now when I had my recent blood work roughly 3-4 weeks after my injury and I have stopped training since the injury low and behold my AST/ALT are normal, mind you my creatine kinase is high.....hoping due to injury as my tendon is healing.

HealthMan

I had full blood work done 3-4 weeks after my surgery and my creatine kinase came back slightly over range.

Normally when I would be training if I had to do blood work than I would pick the longest break between my next workout so if I am lifting Tues/Fri/Sun than after my Tues workout I would go for blood work Friday to give at least 72 hrs and I know this is not ideal as every time my AST/ALT come back slightly elevated and my creatine kinase is usually in the high end of the normal range.

I know I should stop and give my body a rest for a full week and than get blood work but as I said I always hated taking time off.....stupid I know!

Now when I had my recent blood work roughly 3-4 weeks after my injury and I have stopped training since the injury low and behold my AST/ALT are normal, mind you my creatine kinase is high.....hoping due to injury as my tendon is healing.
Got it. But you only tested creatine kinase not creatinine right?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me