Psa

Buy Lab Tests Online

silverwing

Last PSA was 3.2 ....I'm 59 years old so still in normal range for age. I had not had one done for a couple of years....Last one was 2.4....
No problems with my prostate as far as I can tell systematically...should I be concerned?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Did you ride a bike and/or have sex within 48 hours of the blood being drawn? I had done both (not simultaneously, I am not that talented) and my last test showed an increase from 1.5 to 3.0. We waited 2 weeks, I stayed off the bike, abstained from anything sexual for 48 hours prior to the test and the retest was back down to 1.7. Also, if your doctor performed the usual rectal exam BEFORE the blood was drawn for a PSA test, it will be higher.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...-increasing-on-testosterone-Should-I-stop-TRT[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

silverwing

Nope...abstained from sex for 72 hours....I feel okay and I'm not letting too often or dribbling...so I'm hoping its okay...my Dr didn't seemed concerned because it was within normal parameters.
Just thought it was kinda high myself

lexer

Could just be BPH, prostate enlargement. Totally normal for your age. After 50, prostate grows a bit and that can raise psa.
did you go to an actual urologist? If not, you should. Regular docs are not very good with all things prostate.

Nashtide

My PSA jumped from below 1 to 4 this February. I went to a urologist and he did another dre. Results were normal. I repeated the PSA on Monday and will get results tomorrow. Not sure what I'll do if it's still high. Probably a 3T MRI. Definitely not a blind biopsy. I'm 56 and would not have my prostate removed, so I'm not sure it even makes sense to have any further testing.

retest in few months if its not going down maybe get off for a while or do deep prostate massage I wouldnt joke around if you notice your PSA progressively going up every blood test

Nashtide

retest in few months if its not going down maybe get off for a while or do deep prostate massage I wouldnt joke around if you notice your PSA progressively going up every blood test
This is a new PSA about 3 months after the high result. You mean get off TRT? I'll get the new results tomorrow afternoon and post them when I get home.

man I don't know I undestand the frustration of getting off trt for a while but you can jump back anytime it's not like natural test that gets shutdown maybe permanently.. there is no point in having good hormonal levels if you are on your way to prostate problems it also might affect you sex life I would rather get PSA to normal first.. whats your trt protocol I am curios? maybe reduce dosage for a while so you don't need to come off completely
dont touch any finasteride, dht inhibitors to fix PSA its worse than low T

Nashtide

man I don't know I undestand the frustration of getting off trt for a while but you can jump back anytime it's not like natural test that gets shutdown maybe permanently.. there is no point in having good hormonal levels if you are on your way to prostate problems it also might affect you sex life I would rather get PSA to normal first.. whats your trt protocol I am curios? maybe reduce dosage for a while so you don't need to come off completely
dont touch any finasteride, dht inhibitors to fix PSA its worse than low T
I'm not having any prostate symptoms and my dre is normal. I'm also not convinced that there is any correlation between TRT and prostate cancer. Anyway, I inject a total of 80mg per week of T cyp. 500iu of hcg per week and 0.3mg of anastrazole per week. So I'm already at a pretty modest dose.

i see you are pretty much at lowest effective T dose.. I would just wait until another bloodwork and if PSA is not getting elevated more you are probably fine

OMI100

Do an "advanced search" for "PSA".
A number of post offer some good info.
FYI I hit a PSA of 8.1 over a short period and the culprit was a prostate infection.
I have a post or 2 that covers the fun times I had with that:)
My most recent is down to 4.4.
BTW I am north of you age wise:)

Nashtide

Do an "advanced search" for "PSA".
A number of post offer some good info.
FYI I hit a PSA of 8.1 over a short period and the culprit was a prostate infection.
I have a post or 2 that covers the fun times I had with that:)
My most recent is down to 4.4.
BTW I am north of you age wise:)
I have read your previous posts. Since I'm not having any real prostate symptoms, I assume I'm not having an infection.

hotdog

I have read your previous posts. Since I'm not having any real prostate symptoms, I assume I'm not having an infection.

Don't assume that.
In 2016 I had a psa of 5.6 with zero symptoms.
In actual fact it was only that I was interested in TRT that I has a psa done otherwise I would never have known it was that high.
It dropped to 2.1 after 10 days of antibiotics.
Currently its about 1.4

Nashtide

Don't assume that.
In 2016 I had a psa of 5.6 with zero symptoms.
In actual fact it was only that I was interested in TRT that I has a psa done otherwise I would never have known it was that high.
It dropped to 2.1 after 10 days of antibiotics.
Currently its about 1.4
Thanks! I'll bring that up at my appointment today if my PSA is still elevated.

silverwing

Hmm, now that you mention that, about 6 years ago my psa went up to 3.5....I was younger then so it was out off the normal range and concerned my urologist...dre was normal so he started me on ciprofloxacin and our went down to 2.1.
Any idea what could cause an infection?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching