TRT side effect - less penis sensitivity

Buy Lab Tests Online
Any idea what I can add to regimen to boost penis sensitivity. HCT helps a bit but far from perfect. I´ve this TRT side effect already for years by now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

captain

I think this is caused by Prolactin, Dopamine and Serotonin balance. Check Prolactin and add Dostinex if needed. Check for any meds you take that increase Serotonin and there is a lot of them that do. Check Thyroid and for Low DHEA. Low DHEA and high TRH may stimulate Prolactin. Anyone that has tried Prozac or other Antidepressants learn all about penis sensitivity.

Vince

Super Moderator
So far I have not had that issue, I'm hoping I never will. I agree with the captain, one of your levels must be out of range or one of your medications is causing it.

I´m taking Lexapro for years though a small dosage and I noticed from the start that I had to work harder to come. However after TRT it become worse. The rest is in balance.

I´m taking Lexapro for years though a small dosage and I noticed from the start that I had to work harder to come. However after TRT it become worse. The rest is in balance.

There’s your answer. SSRIs cause up to 40% ED in clinical trials and if you’re taking it for years, it is almost certain to happen. SSRIs have been prescribed for premature ejaculation in some cases, because of this. Prozac has been sold for years for this. When it’s called by the generic name, fluoxetine, a lot of men don’t realize what they are taking. Many doctors prescribe bupropion AKA Wellbutrin because it does not have this effect. Check with your doctor. If you are being treated for depression then you could change, if anxiety then bupropion is not a good choice. If you have been on lexapro for years at a low dose, do you need it at all any more? SSRIs are dangerous to come of of and you need a plan to wean off, if you even want to try that route. There are other anxiety meds, vistaril or buspar for example, that don’t have this effect as well.

My dosage is ony 0,5mg which is really a minimum. However, I also take Wellbutrin to counter act some side effects. I started Lexapro due to I was completely burned out of stress etc.. and it helped me a lot at that time when I got back on my feet again I just stayed on 0,5mg. So yes my problem is anxiety related. However, I read somewhere on this forum that some people do get some sensivity issue only on TRT. So adding SSRI together with TRT doens´t make it better anyway. I should consider tapping it down and try something like you propose.

Ive never taken SSRIs or anything of the sort I felt mine was/still is hormonal and like I said I think I see some improvement in one or both having cut back my Cyp dose which is lowering my Free T from being astronomically high as well as my (free) Estrogen, too.

captain

Maybe the anxiety was related to low T and you was treating symptoms of low T with SSRI. I had anxiety before TRT and getting on the correct protocol has helped.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me