Injection site reaction

Buy Lab Tests Online

mjb

I have been having a few bad injection site reactions and looking for ideas on how to mitigate the symptoms. I've read through many of the threads here, but wondering if my particular symptoms will sound familiar to anyone and what the fix was.

Every injection, using 1/2" 27g on delts, dorsal glutes, or VG sites, causes a few days of mild swelling, redness, and pain. Not too bad. On three occasions though, one at each of the 3 sites, the symptoms became more severe on day three, with a large lump forming, worsening pain, itching, and redness below the site the spreads over a few days. Symptoms peaked out after about 7 days and took 2 weeks to resolve fully.

The current injection site on my dorsal glute developed a very large lump, ~4" x 3", with an open hand sized, firm area of moderate to severe redness below the sight appearing on day 3. The erythema spread to almost the entire glute and hip by day 5. Day 7 was the peak. It is now day 12, and the lump remains. Slightly smaller, less painful, and the reddened area is now more of a mild, light pink.

I am using test cyp in grapeseed from Hallendale. First time using testosterone.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
It may be a bad reaction to the oil, I believe they offer sesame seed oil. I would try switching the type of oil you're using. Hopefully that will stop your bad reaction.

Did you just start TRT? A true allergic reaction aside (if you think that's the case absolutely mention to doctor), sometimes it takes time for your body to adjust to the oil. I remember having issues for a couple of months after starting injections and then it adjusted.

Systemlord

Make sure you inject slowly, not fast. It could be allergic reaction if not injecting fast. There are other carrier oils you can use other than grape seed.

Hi mjb,
I use test cyp in grapeseed from Hallendale with a 1/2" 27ga syringe. However I always inject subQ around my naval with zero issues. Are you injecting a lot?
Give the subQ a try. I also do a slow sweep motion to kind of spread the T cyp and HCG. No lumps no bumbs no pain.

Pinch up a wad of skin to get it off your abs. I go in at a 45 degree angle and by the time 1/2 the T cyp is out of the syringe I am at 90 degrees.
By the end of the HCG I have ended at 45 from the other side.

mjb

It may be a bad reaction to the oil, I believe they offer sesame seed oil. I would try switching the type of oil you're using. Hopefully that will stop your bad reaction.

Is it more likely to be the oil, or the additives (preservative, solubilizer), with these symptoms do you think? I was thinking about asking for something completely different, like enanthate, with different oil and no benzyl benzoate to see how it goes.

mjb

Did you just start TRT? A true allergic reaction aside (if you think that's the case absolutely mention to doctor), sometimes it takes time for your body to adjust to the oil. I remember having issues for a couple of months after starting injections and then it adjusted.

It's been about 5 weeks on TRT. It doesn't seem to be a true allergic reaction. More like a local sensitivity, it seems. No broader systemic effects.

Good to hear about possibly adjusting to the oil! I hope it's the case for me, too.

mjb

Make sure you inject slowly, not fast. It could be allergic reaction if not injecting fast. There are other carrier oils you can use other than grape seed.

How slow is slow? I don't slam it in, but maybe I could be going slower. I'm supposed to be using 0.45ml, but have reduced the dose to 0.25 to see is a lower volume makes a difference, too.

Vince

Super Moderator
Is it more likely to be the oil, or the additives (preservative, solubilizer), with these symptoms do you think? I was thinking about asking for something completely different, like enanthate, with different oil and no benzyl benzoate to see how it goes.

There's no reason to switch from testosterone cypionate I actually believe it's better then enanthate, it should not be an issue switching oils. Many members had to switch the type of oil that they use with their testosterone.

mjb

Hi mjb,
I use test cyp in grapeseed from Hallendale with a 1/2" 27ga syringe. However I always inject subQ around my naval with zero issues. Are you injecting a lot?
Give the subQ a try. I also do a slow sweep motion to kind of spread the T cyp and HCG. No lumps no bumbs no pain.

Pinch up a wad of skin to get it off your abs. I go in at a 45 degree angle and by the time 1/2 the T cyp is out of the syringe I am at 90 degrees.
By the end of the HCG I have ended at 45 from the other side.

Are you doing that sweeping motion with the needle inserted down to the hub, of pulling in back out a bit first?

I am a little worried about trying it on my abdomen, given the reaction at other sites. There and the quads are spots I haven't tried. Seems like these would be more sensitive areas. Maybe not though. Tolerating HCG fine on the abdomen, for what it's worth.

Are you doing that sweeping motion with the needle inserted down to the hub, of pulling in back out a bit first?

I am a little worried about trying it on my abdomen, given the reaction at other sites. There and the quads are spots I haven't tried. Seems like these would be more sensitive areas. Maybe not though. Tolerating HCG fine on the abdomen, for what it's worth.

Yes all the way in with the skin pulled off the muscle. Here are the 4 locations I alternate. I don't remember you saying how much you are trying to inject. I load my syringe with .20 HCG and .20 Tcyp I inject M/W/F Since I've been sweeping the needle I have had no lumps bumps or post pain. HTH

Last edited:

mjb

Here's my favorite place to inject. It did take time to get used to it.

Best Injection site, no aspiration needed, avoids all nerves

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...n-site-no-aspiration-needed-avoids-all-nerves

When I used the VG site with T. cyp, I got a golf ball sized lump that lasted 2 weeks. Along with the pain, redness, itching, and swelling below the site for a good week +.

I put hcg in the other side and didn't notice a thing. 1/2" 27g for both. 0.5ml hcg on one side and 0.45ml test on the other.

I do like this site in general though. When I was an RN I administered meds IM in the VG fairly often.

S1W

Just to chime in, I have also been having minor reactions to my T. Cyp. injections lately. I have been using compounded cyp in grapeseed oil since January. Been injecting roughly the same amounts in the same places, same methods, all SubQ. Lately, I have been getting these red bumps at the injection site - they look and feel (and itch) like huge mosquito bites.

Not particularly concerned about it...just adding to the discussion. But not sure what's causing it either as I have been using it since January and up until lately never had a reaction.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've never done well with Sub-Q injections, I really like shallow IM. The Easy Touch half inch syringes are awesome.

mjb

Yes all the way in with the skin pulled off the muscle. Here are the 4 locations I alternate. I don't remember you saying how much you are trying to inject. I load my syringe with .20 HCG and .20 Tcyp I inject M/W/F Since I've been sweeping the needle I have had no lumps bumps or post pain. HTH

Thanks! Where did you learn that method, out of curiosity? Did you have any bad sub q reactions before trying it this way?

I started with 0.45ml Q3.5d, but have been experimenting with 0.25no Q2d to see if lower volume = less site reaction.

I have been using a separate site for hcg. I did try combining hcg and test in the same syringe one time and put 0.5ml hcg and 0.45ml T. cyp into my delt. The result was a week long version of the symptoms detailed above.

JMP

I know this is going to sound like a "is there gas in it" question, but no one has asked. Are you cleaning the top of the cyp vial with alcohol as well as the injection site before inserting a syringe? The 2 week long incident for sure seems like it was an infection.

mjb

I know this is going to sound like a "is there gas in it" question, but no one has asked. Are you cleaning the top of the cyp vial with alcohol as well as the injection site before inserting a syringe? The 2 week long incident for sure seems like it was an infection.

It's a fair question. Although anything is possible, my technique is pretty good. Post shower, scrubbed both vial and site, allowed to dry.

Infection was certainly in my differential. It just didn't seem to get quite angry enough looking, in my opinion. And the mass wasn't fluctuant, like an abscess, but very firm. It also crossed my mind that I may have received a contaminated product, although I know it's very unlikely.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me