1. #1

    Initial Blood test and start of TRT

    So I had typical low T symptoms got tested here are the initial labs recommended by defy for the sake of not typing it all out here is the major stuff.



    Testosterone 243 ng/dl (264-916)

    Free T 6.8 pg/ml (9.3-26.5)

    DHEA 201.2 ulU/ml (138.5-475.2)

    TSH 2.870 ulU/ml (.450-4.500)

    LH 4.2 mlU/ml (1.7-8.6)

    IGF-1 133 ng/ml (115-355)

    Estadiol,Sensitive 9.0 pg/ml (8.0-35.0)

    SHBG 22.9 nmol/L (16.5-55.9)

    Hemoglobin 14.6 g/dl (13.0-17.7)

    Hematocrit 43.9 % (37.5-51.0)



    Started TRT on Wednesday, protocol is as follows;

    150mg of test per week split over 3 days per week.

    300 IUs of HCG 3 days per week.

    Does that look like a good start? is there anything that I might have over looked or should be taking in addition to the test and HCG?

    25 years old; 177lbs; 5'10"

  2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    51
    Help Excelmale

    Defy
     

  3. #2
    It looks good. You might consider adding DHEA and pregnenolone. I take 10mg each at night.

  4. #3
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    7,164
    Suggested Lab Tests and Questions Before and After Initiation of Testosterone Replacement

    https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...ne-Replacement
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

  5. #4
    Good luck...more and more younger men joining us with clear-cut hypogonadism.
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by HealthMan View Post
    It looks good. You might consider adding DHEA and pregnenolone. I take 10mg each at night.
    Thanks I added it!

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5
    Lol ya it's unfortunate and not ideal but it is what it is I guess!

  8. #7
    Member madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    So I had typical low T symptoms got tested here are the initial labs recommended by defy for the sake of not typing it all out here is the major stuff.



    Testosterone 243 ng/dl (264-916)

    Free T 6.8 pg/ml (9.3-26.5)

    DHEA 201.2 ulU/ml (138.5-475.2)

    TSH 2.870 ulU/ml (.450-4.500)

    LH 4.2 mlU/ml (1.7-8.6)

    IGF-1 133 ng/ml (115-355)

    Estadiol,Sensitive 9.0 pg/ml (8.0-35.0)

    SHBG 22.9 nmol/L (16.5-55.9)

    Hemoglobin 14.6 g/dl (13.0-17.7)

    Hematocrit 43.9 % (37.5-51.0)



    Started TRT on Wednesday, protocol is as follows;

    150mg of test per week split over 3 days per week.

    300 IUs of HCG 3 days per week.

    Does that look like a good start? is there anything that I might have over looked or should be taking in addition to the test and HCG?

    25 years old; 177lbs; 5'10"
    Lower shbg...................150mg/week (50mg M/W/F) along with hcg

    I bet your total t/free t will be too high, sure your e2 needs to come up but 150 mg/week is still a fairly high starting dose!

    You will know in 6 weeks, you are in good hands though.

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5
    Ya I guess we will find out then, Thanks for the reply!

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Lower shbg...................150mg/week (50mg M/W/F) along with hcg

    I bet your total t/free t will be too high, sure your e2 needs to come up but 150 mg/week is still a fairly high starting dose!

    You will know in 6 weeks, you are in good hands though.
    My TT / FT and SHBG numbers were kinda close to the above (315/9/23 or something like this) before starting 150mg T (split M/W/) + 2*400IU HCG > afterwards 916/14/33 (labcorp values) ... while the TT was top of the range my FT improved only from 9>14 around lower midrange that was my first surprise and the second tha the SHGB increased 10 points
    So my 150mg would have been considered (by you) probably at least fairly high too but didn't deliver the expected/planned/hoped for results (aka how I feel)

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5
    Ya this just reaffirms everyone is different and cookie cutter approaches don't work!

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzen View Post
    My TT / FT and SHBG numbers were kinda close to the above (315/9/23 or something like this) before starting 150mg T (split M/W/) + 2*400IU HCG > afterwards 916/14/33 (labcorp values) ... while the TT was top of the range my FT improved only from 9>14 around lower midrange that was my first surprise and the second tha the SHGB increased 10 points
    So my 150mg would have been considered (by you) probably at least fairly high too but didn't deliver the expected/planned/hoped for results (aka how I feel)
    Experienced doctors can sometime see things we do not, like certain blood biomarkers. Hematocrit is towards the lower end.

  13. #12
    Member madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzen View Post
    My TT / FT and SHBG numbers were kinda close to the above (315/9/23 or something like this) before starting 150mg T (split M/W/) + 2*400IU HCG > afterwards 916/14/33 (labcorp values) ... while the TT was top of the range my FT improved only from 9>14 around lower midrange that was my first surprise and the second tha the SHGB increased 10 points
    So my 150mg would have been considered (by you) probably at least fairly high too but didn't deliver the expected/planned/hoped for results (aka how I feel)
    In many cases men with lower shbg can attain healthy levels of free t with lower overall weekly testosterone doses, and as I stated it is a fairly high starting dose.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-03-2017, 10:22 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-05-2016, 04:07 AM
  3. Initial Blood Test
    By thatoneguy in forum Blood Test Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-16-2016, 01:18 PM
  4. My first T blood test results .. is it low enough to start a program?
    By lurky in forum Testosterone Basics & Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-18-2015, 02:33 AM
  5. Initial blood work (pre-TRT)
    By Rodney Stewart in forum Blood Test Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-10-2015, 12:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •