First Labs, 90 day follow up

Buy Lab Tests Online

DCPatriot

Hi Gents-
I've been lurking on this site for several months and to-date it's been the best resource for TRT related info on the I can find. (Great job Nelson)
Attached are labs from when I first started and my 90 day follow up. Overall I'm extremely happy with how things are progressing and I feel great. I need to work on my cholesterol a bit, but I'm pleased.

Any input is appreciated.

My stats.
44yrs old, 6'4", 280#
Cardio and weights 2-3x a week (when kids sports don't get in the way)
Low carb/ high protein diet
very little alcohol

Prescribed Protocol
Test 80mg e3.5 days
HCG 500u e.3.5 days
anastrozole .125 e3.5 days.

Supplements
D3 5000iu
NAC 1200mg
CoQ10- 800MG
DHEA 25mg
Zinc 15mg
Magnesium 400mg
vitamin K2
RYR
B12 5000
Fish oil 2g

Attachments

• janlabs2018.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 79
  • may2018labs.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 96
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Hi Gents-
I've been lurking on this site for several months and to-date it's been the best resource for TRT related info on the I can find. (Great job Nelson)
Attached are labs from when I first started and my 90 day follow up. Overall I'm extremely happy with how things are progressing and I feel great. I need to work on my cholesterol a bit, but I'm pleased.

Any input is appreciated.

My stats.
44yrs old, 6'4", 280#
Cardio and weights 2-3x a week (when kids sports don't get in the way)
Low carb/ high protein diet
very little alcohol

Prescribed Protocol
Test 80mg e3.5 days
HCG 500u e.3.5 days
anastrozole .125 e3.5 days.

Supplements
D3 5000iu
NAC 1200mg
CoQ10- 800MG
DHEA 25mg
Zinc 15mg
Magnesium 400mg
vitamin K2
RYR
B12 5000
Fish oil 2g

Your hdl level was good pre-trt but your ldl is horrible and your liver enzymes are high........ALT very high?

3 months into protocol your hdl took a turn for the worse and your ldl and triglycerides are high. What types of fats are you getting in your diet you stated low carb/high protein and how is your body fat percentage?

Was your labs for total t done at trough as your total is a little on the high end/free t looks ok slightly over range?

Also need to look into donating even though your hemoglobin is still in range your hematocrit is getting up there.

160 mg (80 mg every 3.5 days) is a fairly high starting dose. You can maybe look into decreasing slightly 140 mg (70 mg every 3.5 days) to bring your total down a little and you could maybe get off the a.i.

1200 is not bad for a trough but a little on the high end and you will be peaking well over. Labcorp top end of the physiological range used to be 1200 but even though you feel well your peak would definitely be higher (supra-physiological) and lowering your testosterone levels a little can help with bringing e2 down and possibly improving hematocrit.

I understand you feel good right now but it is something to consider and discuss with your doctor as manipulating your protocol on your own is not a good idea.

DCPatriot

Your hdl level was good pre-trt but your ldl is horrible and your liver enzymes are high........ALT very high?

They were, I chalked it up to poor eating and drinking decisions durning the holidays, followed by a case of the flu about a week before the labs. The liver markers seem to have righted themselves.

3 months into protocol your hdl took a turn for the worse and your ldl and triglycerides are high. What types of fats are you getting in your diet you stated low carb/high protein and how is your body fat percentage?

Primarily just good fats, Nuts and nut oils, avocados, eggs, fish cheese etc.. body fat around 18-20% (theres room for improvement) The only real difference I've made in my diet was adding the daily supplements, I wasn't taking anything before, and I really cut back almost, almost stopped my alcohol consumption. So, I'm kind of stumped on why HDL and Tri's have gone nuts. (Even know it's not perfect yet, I am happy with the LDL trending downwards)

Was your labs for total t done at trough as your total is a little on the high end/free t looks ok slightly over range?

Labs were taken about 1hr before my schedule injection.

Also need to look into donating even though your hemoglobin is still in range your hematocrit is getting up there.

Noted, no reason not to, it helps me and possibly someone else. (and there happens to be a red cross donation station parked out front of the office this morning)

160 mg (80 mg every 3.5 days) is a fairly high starting dose. You can maybe look into decreasing slightly 140 mg (70 mg every 3.5 days) to bring your total down a little and you could maybe get off the a.i.

I'll bring it up with the Dr durning my follow up. Coming off the a.i. if I don't need it would be great. Whats the worse case scenario? I start watching chick flicks with my wife and have to go back on?

1200 is not bad for a trough but a little on the high end and you will be peaking well over. Labcorp top end of the physiological range used to be 1200 but even though you feel well your peak would definitely be higher (supra-physiological) and lowering your testosterone levels a little can help with bringing e2 down and possibly improving hematocrit.

I understand you feel good right now but it is something to consider and discuss with your doctor as manipulating your protocol on your own is not a good idea.

I appreciate your response, insight and suggestions.
Thanks!

Vince

Super Moderator
I thought your testosterone panel look excellent. But I am surprised at your high triglycerides, my thoughts, are you eating too much protein and converting them into sugar?

madman

Super Moderator
I thought your testosterone panel look excellent. But I am surprised at your high triglycerides, my thoughts, are you eating too much protein and converting them into sugar?

Sure his testosterone panel looks good and he feels well but it does not mean one needs higher levels to be effective.

If the labs are trough he is well on the high end and lowering levels would result in lowering e2 and may also have less of an impact on hematocrit.

He could end up maybe dropping the a.i. by bringing his levels down a bit.

A 600-800 trough is all that many would need as long as their free t is in a healthy range as free is what really matters.

I know you like to run higher levels and there is nothing wrong with that especially if your blood work is healthy and you are not experiencing any sides.

People should be informed that high-normal physiological levels are not always needed as if we as memebers are always stating that your levels look great when some one is running higher levels when in fact they should be also informed that high levels are not always needed and many men do well with levels (trough) in the mid-normal physiological range.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
If someone is consuming higher protein and actively lifting weights it is highly unlikely that excess protein will be converted into excess sugar/body fat.

Many factors play a role in regards to proteins digestion/absorption and where it ends up in the body whether burned, building new muscle proteins, stored as body fat.

Also the TEF (thermic effect of feeding) plays a big role and if you compare the TEF on average , CARBS 5-15%/FATS 0-5%/PROTEINS 20-35%.

TEF- is the energy required for digestion, absorption, storage.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4022420/

Vince

Super Moderator
Most men like me who eat low-carb high-fat diet have low triglycerides and low LDL cholesterol, but because I study heart disease I know that eating a high-protein diet can actually hurt your lipid panel. When you have excess protein in your blood your body will convert them over to a sugar and as you know can play havoc on men lipid panel panel. Especially men who are at high risk of coronary disease like me

Vince

Super Moderator
I do feel my best with my testosterone is at a very high level and thankfully it doesn't affect my other numbers in a bad way. I finally convince my doctor to work more thoroughly on my thyroid panel. Which I do have a thread about. So now I'm wondering if I improve my free T3 and maybe even my reverse T3, will I no longer need the same high T levels to feel good.

Even though I have and awesome cholesterol lipid panel, I'm wondering how would the extra free T3 affect my LDL receptors in my liver. Could it even improve my LDL particles even more, that's what I'm hoping for.

Vince

Super Moderator
I see so many men with bellies, they always say I can't lose weight. It's not easy to get your body dialed-in.

DCPatriot

If anything my diet has been getting better. I've been eating a keto/paleo style diet for about 9-10 months. I'm not a fan of sweets or sugary drinks and I've basically stopped drinking alcohol.

Whats interesting to me is that my HDL and Triglycerides were fine before I started the supplements. Now they're out of whack. On a positive note my LDL is coming down.

ratbag

It's amazing that your liver enzymes came back down to a normal number... I thought you had Hep C or liver disease after reading your first labs. Your TT and FT are quite high. You may be able to lower your dose some without feeling any worse for it... you'll never know unless you try it. Just one of those things.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me