Should I get a more complete thyroid panel?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DragonBits

Your:
FT3 = 29% of range
FT4 = 25% of range
RT3 = 48% of range
Read here:
http://www.tiredthyroid.com/optimal-labs.html
Might get a complete iron panel:
Full iron panel (includes serum iron, iron binding capacity, and % saturation)
Ferritin (not included in the full iron panel and must be requested separately)
http://www.tiredthyroid.com/cofactors.html
Find a DR that that understands thyroid and treats to symptoms and not ranges....

I had done a full iron panel, attached is the last blood test I did with iron, CBC, CMP, etc, etc.

But here is a copy of the full iron panel which I copied from the attached file.

Iron and TIBC
Iron Bind.Cap.(TIBC) 357 250-450 ug/dL 01
UIBC 249 111-343 ug/dL 01
Iron 108 38-169 ug/dL 01
Iron Saturation 30 15-55 % 01

Ferritin, Serum
Ferritin, Serum 224 30-400 ng/mL 01

Attachments

• 4-21-2918 private MD.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HarryCat

I can give Selenium a try, I don't get a lot or any from supplements, but should't I get plenty of iodine from ionized salt? I don't make any effort to avoid salt in my diet and most of it is ionized.

The doses recommended by Brownstein are far higher (12.5mg/day or more) than anything you can get from iodized salt, which has about 0.4mg/teaspoon. He has a lot of theories as to why the dose needs to be so high, if your interested get his book or search online. There's much more to it than I can get into in a forum post.

DragonBits

The doses recommended by Brownstein are far higher (12.5mg/day or more) than anything you can get from iodized salt, which has about 0.4mg/teaspoon. He has a lot of theories as to why the dose needs to be so high, if your interested get his book or search online. There's much more to it than I can get into in a forum post.

I would have to read the book.

This is also interesting study on iodide supplementation. Too much iodine causes subclinical hypothyroidism.

Conclusions: This study showed that subclinical hypothyroidism appeared in the participants who took the 400-μg I supplement, which provided a total iodine intake of ~800 μg/d. Thus, we caution against a total daily iodine intake that exceeds 800 μg/d in China and recommend further research to determine a safe daily upper limit.

https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/95/2/367/4576756

I have no idea who is right or wrong about this, 12.5 mg seems very high compared to what the RDA of 150 micrograms (mcg) is, and one should note that female hormone estrogen inhibits the absorption of iodine. So women need more iodine than men.

I would be comfortable with 400 ug per day, it would be difficult to convince me that the Brownstein recommendation of 12.5 mg won't have negative health consequences.

Do you or anyone you know take 12.5 mg of Iodide, and if so, do you also have hypothyroidism?.

HarryCat

I would have to read the book.

This is also interesting study on iodide supplementation. Too much iodine causes subclinical hypothyroidism.

Conclusions: This study showed that subclinical hypothyroidism appeared in the participants who took the 400-μg I supplement, which provided a total iodine intake of ~800 μg/d. Thus, we caution against a total daily iodine intake that exceeds 800 μg/d in China and recommend further research to determine a safe daily upper limit.

https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/95/2/367/4576756

I have no idea who is right or wrong about this, 12.5 mg seems very high compared to what the RDA of 150 micrograms (mcg) is, and one should note that female hormone estrogen inhibits the absorption of iodine. So women need more iodine than men.

I would be comfortable with 400 ug per day, it would be difficult to convince me that the Brownstein recommendation of 12.5 mg won't have negative health consequences.

Do you or anyone you know take 12.5 mg of Iodide, and if so, do you also have hypothyroidism?.

This is definitely a case of conflicting studies. Brownstein cites several to prove his case that high dose iodine is safe.

I've had hypothyroidism for years and did try Brownstein's protocol for a couple of years. Never noticed any benefit, but there are a lot of reports online of people who say it has helped them. Interestingly I've never been able to find reports of people who said they tried it and were harmed by it.

Right now I still take about 2mg of iodine a day as well and 100mcg of selenium in addition to my thyroid med.

If I had to chose I'd say that doing a trial of thyroid hormone is probably safer than high dose iodine.

DragonBits

Looks like your thyroid is in a steady decline, it's not just a lack of FT3 but also lower FT4 and T4. Nowhere near optimal and far from average in my opinion.

The oddest thing about this thyroid panel.

I had done a blood test on 4/21/2018 for another purpose, not to look specifically at thyroid, but the test included included TSH which was 1.6 and FT4 which was 1.0.

The test on 5/15/2018, which is about 3 weeks later, has TSH at 2.0 and FT4 at 1.06, a 25% and 6% gain.

The labs that did the blood work were different, but the ranges were the same, and I have never seen a significant change in TSH no matter what the lab was that did the test.

I have no idea about any of the other thyroid measures like rt3, ft4, ft3 also changed as I don't have any baseline.

If could be a difference in the labs, it could be a multivitamin I intermittently take that has 20 mcg selenium 150 mcg iodine along with all the other typical in a multi, I had been trying to take it every day.

So for now, before getting thyroid hormones I think I will wait till I have to pull blood work, I will have to sometime in the future as I will inject some TRT. Then see what is what.

Systemlord

The problem with thyroid testing is that thyroid problems don't always show up on labs, thyroid problems can be intermittent and not linear at all. It can be fine one minute and problematic the next, there are those with a steady decline and those with an intermittent decline. It's not uncommon to see a drastic change from one week to the next where thyroid hormones do an about-face.

I've seen guys with very low thyroid hormones with a normal TSH, caught in the act of an about-face where TSH hasn't changed yet. I really wish all labs would use the same lab ranges worldwide, I'm not holding my breath.

DragonBits

I use Advanced Lipidology in Wisconsin for my thyroid doctor and get prescription from CVS. I don't remember the exact price, my guess is about $20 dollars for each 90 day supply.

I am tempted to go to Advanced Lipidology, it's a about a 2 hour drive.

Do you think my thyroid panel is low enough to justify hormone treatment? I know it's up to a doctor, but make a guess. The levels after all are within the normal range.

OMI100

I am tempted to go to Advanced Lipidology, it's a about a 2 hour drive.

Do you think my thyroid panel is low enough to justify hormone treatment? I know it's up to a doctor, but make a guess. The levels after all are within the normal range.
There is a world of difference between "being within range" and being "Optimal".
One more time:
http://www.tiredthyroid.com/optimal-labs.html
https://stopthethyroidmadness.com/lab-values/
Find a DR that that understands thyroid and treats to "symptoms" and not "ranges"....

1Draw

How expensive is something like Synthroidwith Defy, and does Defy supply a script or fax this into a local pharmacy outside of Florida?

Yes Defy can send a script over to your pharmacy for any medications. My RT3 was 28.1 back in March due to having a severe sinus infection/flu and they sent prescription over to Walgreens for Cytomel 5mcg. Currently taking 20 mcg divided up 2 doses, 1 in am and 1 at lunch. Thinking about adding another dose around 4 pm.

Got labs and consult coming up so will be interesting to see how they want to treat T3 and T4. Pretty sure my RT3 is back in line by now but my T4 and T3 are still low.

Don't know the state you live in but, pretty sure shouldn't be a problem getting Defy to send dosing to your pharmacy.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me