How Much Protein

Buy Lab Tests Online

psaufan

I read an interesting article on Business Insider that mentioned the following:

(1) Working out every day does not give you body enough time to recover and rebuild, which can actually hinder your progress. They suggest taking one of two days a week off. What do most on here do in regard to the number of days you you work out per week? I currently workout six days a week...one day is "chest and arms" the next day is "back and shoulders"...I alternate this...my regiment takes me 45 minutes each day. I also try to walk three miles a day.

(2) Consuming too much protein can cause weight gain. When you take in more protein than your body needs, the extra protein is likely stored as fat, while the excess amino acids will be excreted. They claimed a study showed that those who had a high-protein diet had a 90% greater risk of gaining more than 10% of their body weight during the course of the study that those who ate less protein. For those that work out, what is your target in regards to daily intake of protein? I currently weight 175 lbs and I am 6' tall. I consume 60 grams of whey protein per day plus 25 grams of casein protein per day. I also consume 15 grams of protein per day via a protein bar, plus the protein I consume via two eggs each morning...chicken, turkey, fish, etc that I eat throughout the day. Throughout the day, I will usually have one serving of either chicken or turkey or fish. I do not have these for every meal. I have noticed in the last year, that I have gone from 165 lbs to 175 lbs with no change in diet...most weight gained around my belly, though some is muscle in my upper body.

Just throwing this out there for conversation and opinions...

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm one of them like you that workout everyday, even though I believe it's not the best way to gain muscle. I just love feeling that pump having a quick half hour to 40 minutes a day workout. In the evening I usually go for a half hour walk, just to get outside and have some fresh air. I eat for health not for building muscle, at my age 63. At this time in my life I prefer to be lean and muscular, but I know when you're young man you dream of becoming the next Arnold Schwarzenegger it's a lot different

Nashtide

You didn't mention your age. I'm 6' and 167lbs., but I'm 56 and like Vince, I prefer to be lean and have defined muscles rather than having big muscles. The amount of protein you're eating seems like a lot. I don't count macros, I just eat clean and healthy. The subject of working out is interesting. I belong to a busy gym and I see people "working out " that is actually closer to leisure and I see others killing them selves. The former can exercise every day the latter should not.

psaufan

You didn't mention your age. I'm 6' and 167lbs., but I'm 56 and like Vince, I prefer to be lean and have defined muscles rather than having big muscles. The amount of protein you're eating seems like a lot. I don't count macros, I just eat clean and healthy. The subject of working out is interesting. I belong to a busy gym and I see people "working out " that is actually closer to leisure and I see others killing them selves. The former can exercise every day the latter should not.

I am 52 years old...lifelong runner, so I've always had a runner's build. Suffered herniated disc six years ago that I recuperated without surgery. I am 95% now, but cannot run due to the impact on the disc. I could learn to tolerate “toe-running” but just haven't done so.

I do not want to pack on muscle...I aim to be lean and defined. I have waaaaayyyy too many slim-cut suits that I am on the verge of not being able to wear as it is now.

Is there a different routine for being leaned and defined versus packing on muscle?

Nashtide

I am 52 years old...lifelong runner, so I’ve always had a runner’s build. Suffered herniated disc six years ago that I recuperated without surgery. I am 95% now, but cannot run due to the impact on the disc. I could learn to tolerate “toe-running” but just haven’t done so.

I do not want to pack on muscle...I aim to be lean and defined. I have waaaaayyyy too many slim-cut suits that I am on the verge of not being able to wear as it is now.

Is there a different routine for being leaned and defined versus packing on muscle?
I'm not an exercise guru. I am fortunate that my natural build is what used to be referred to as wiry. So it's not overly difficult for me to have good definition while remaining pretty lean. When I say pretty lean, in no way am I cut. I'm around 18-19% bf, I just have a slightly higher than average LBM. Anyway, I just lift really hard. I like to pick a program and stick with it about two months. Then I change to another program. Rinse and repeat. For example...I've been doing a program where I do two exercises per body part using rest-pause. Only one set per exercise. Been using this method for two months with good results. Now I'm going to switch to three sets per exercise with the last set being a drop set. I get in and out of the gym in less than an hour.

I read an interesting article on Business Insider that mentioned the following:

(1) Working out every day does not give you body enough time to recover and rebuild, which can actually hinder your progress. They suggest taking one of two days a week off. What do most on here do in regard to the number of days you you work out per week? I currently workout six days a week...one day is "chest and arms" the next day is "back and shoulders"...I alternate this...my regiment takes me 45 minutes each day. I also try to walk three miles a day.

(2) Consuming too much protein can cause weight gain. When you take in more protein than your body needs, the extra protein is likely stored as fat, while the excess amino acids will be excreted. They claimed a study showed that those who had a high-protein diet had a 90% greater risk of gaining more than 10% of their body weight during the course of the study that those who ate less protein. For those that work out, what is your target in regards to daily intake of protein? I currently weight 175 lbs and I am 6' tall. I consume 60 grams of whey protein per day plus 25 grams of casein protein per day. I also consume 15 grams of protein per day via a protein bar, plus the protein I consume via two eggs each morning...chicken, turkey, fish, etc that I eat throughout the day. Throughout the day, I will usually have one serving of either chicken or turkey or fish. I do not have these for every meal. I have noticed in the last year, that I have gone from 165 lbs to 175 lbs with no change in diet...most weight gained around my belly, though some is muscle in my upper body.

Just throwing this out there for conversation and opinions...

Pretty much standard is 1gm/lb of body mass, unless you have some obesity (clearly you don't). This is in a protein-centric diet,.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me