Endo says HPTA doesn't influence adrenals and please jeko

Buy Lab Tests Online

TjsUk

In December 2017 i was getting a Ton of what felt like adrenaline releases all the time which led to palpitations and paused beats etc, i even went up A and E several times and they offered no advice. I then saw a private cardiologist and he ordered an mri and ct scan and told me to come off all testosterone and supplements and not train for 3 months. Stupidly I came off everything cold turkey for 10 weeks and it's led to me feeling horrendous, Brain fog and mental confusion (not feeling myself at all). The original palpitations and adrenaline I figured could be due to the testosterone i used, adrenal fatigue, high e2 or genuinely something wrong with my heart. The brain fog had come on several weeks after stopping the testosterone. My serum testosterone got measured very low at 4.6 (range 9 to 32) after 10 weeks off. So after 10 weeks and my mri completed (which came back ok) i decided to go back on test cyp at 175mg/week just go give me some energy and within 2 to 3 weeks i started again getting palpitations and adrenaline rushes.
A few weeks go by and my mental health is worse, dissorientation, worse short memory, confusion, headaches, brain fog and no clarity. After reading more I read perhaps low cortisol so again go to hospital and they test that, however they said it didn't matter I just ate and it didn't matter it was taken at 10.45am.
The results were 7.9 which they said is normal but I've read is low. They also tested
Thyroid tsh (2.39) and t4 (13). I questioned them on t3 and rt3 and they said they don't do it because it fluctuates to much during the day and my thyroid is fine they said :/
Now my main point.. I have read that because HPT axis is shutdown it can affect pregnenalone, I 've read that low pregnenalone can give symptoms similar to what I wrote and tying that in with low cortisol to link the two. Here's the thing, I just returned from seeing an endocrinologist and he said that shutting down the HPT axis has nothing to do with adrenals and cortisol and pregnenalone and wouldn't test my pregnenalone.
Getting tests done in the UK or private is a nightmare. I have managed to contact a lab and they said they can do tests. They will send me a venous blood test kit so I can take blood and send it back. I'm sorry for this long message but I do really need help or if anyone has had a similar experience please can you share it. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Your going to have to provide labs with ranges and units of measure. The UK is a nightmare for healthcare, your test dosage is insane. Why so much test? If you put me on that much test, my heart and blood pressure would increase, been there done that.

TjsUk

A reply

Your going to have to provide labs with ranges and units of measure. The UK is a nightmare for healthcare, your test dosage is insane. Why so much test? If you put me on that much test, my heart and blood pressure would increase, been there done that.

Thank you for the reply systemlord. I knew I would have to get the exact lab results yeah. I have had to get some lab results on different days either through GP or hospital and the hospital refused to print them off for me :/ I am getting hopefully full thyroid and most hormomal panel done this Tuesday so I can post what I get them. The most recent recent labs I do know my total testosterone was obviously to high. 51.8 nmol (range 8.6 - 29). Having said that my blood pressure is consistently 120/70. I started with 175 as I wasn't sure with what dose to go with. I have been competing to quite a high level for several years and using quite abit more on and off without any of these issues. I thought 175 I would be less sensitive to if that makes sense. I think i need to be taking 100 per week.

TjsUk

were you taking testosterone solo? any other meds that you took during 6 months before starting testosternoe?

Thank you lowe2sucks, I did take arimidex yes. By arimdex dosing was purely guess work. How can anyone in the UK accurately judge there e2 levels. I've no where does this sensitive test, so then we are just going by typical symptoms. After assuming the original are adrenaline rushes last December might of been due to high e2 I'm sure I over did the ai when I was doing the trt l. I started of taking 0.25 every three days and still had Adrenaline rushes so I upped the ai to 0.5 every three days. I was on this amount for about 3 weeks or so and then felt worse.

madman

Super Moderator
Thank you for the reply systemlord. I knew I would have to get the exact lab results yeah. I have had to get some lab results on different days either through GP or hospital and the hospital refused to print them off for me :/ I am getting hopefully full thyroid and most hormomal panel done this Tuesday so I can post what I get them. The most recent recent labs I do know my total testosterone was obviously to high. 51.8 nmol (range 8.6 - 29). Having said that my blood pressure is consistently 120/70. I started with 175 as I wasn't sure with what dose to go with. I have been competing to quite a high level for several years and using quite abit more on and off without any of these issues. I thought 175 I would be less sensitive to if that makes sense. I think i need to be taking 100 per week.

So you have been blasting/cruising or cycling steroids up until the point of testing?

175 mg/week is a fairly high dose for trt and on your most recent labs you state your total was 51.8 nmol/L which is very high (supra-physiological),

If you are only injecting once weekly than if 51.8 nmol/L was your peak (within 24-48 hrs) post injection that would be expected but that is still higher than needed.

If was your trough as in 7 days later (just before your next injection) than 51.8 nmol/L is way too high and I highly doubt one would have a trough that high injecting 175 mg/week.

One needs to know their total t trough reading when on trt which should usually be in the mid-normal or high/normal physiological range depending on improvement/relief of symptoms among other health markers.

Also knowing your shbg is critical as this will dictate your injection frequency.

What is your protocol and how long have you been blasting/cruising or cycling up until the point when you stopped everything as you state labs were done 10 weeks after coming off (testosterone/AAS?) and your total t came back at 4.6 nmol/L?

Now knowing that you were using steroids previously I would say your hpta was still definitely shut down 10 weeks after stopping.

Do you have full labs to post after you stopped the steroids and had a total t tested at 4.6 nmol/L?

Now you just hopped back on again when you were already shut down and your total t is a whopping 51.8 nmol/L using 175 mg/week!

Last edited:

ratbag

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale