Anyone taking hydrocortisone? Any Relief ?

Iím a patient of Defy medical and was diagnosed months ago with adrenal fatigue and was told I was a pretty complex case. Started me on natural supplements of the course of months and did another saliva test and the values on the test did fluctuate more in the right direction. Unfortunately I do not feel any better and my sleep is getting worse. In fact no sooner then I fall asleep Iím back up and its like that all night every night. I woke up 12 times in 5 hours. I donít even think Iím really getting to sleep before waking back up. At my consults hydrocortisone was brought up on something we could try. I was wondering if anyone is on it and what kind of results you had? Any help with falling or staying asleep. I do need to get tested for sleep apnea but I unfortunately donít have the funds. Thank you all. Also any other help is appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

This Thread made be useful to you.

Hydrocortisone for Cortisol Deficiency - Any experience?

https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...Any-experience
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

Thank you Vince.

Yeah I have the same problem and eventually was put on hydrocortisone full time. It was a huge improvement because low cortisol also stops thyroid from working. So going on hydrocortisone got my thyroid working and I felt so much better. Try it and see how you feel. If you feel better then you know you need it. I sleep way better on cortisol than I do with out. It seems weird but when your body is short of it everything seems to suffer. Going on hydrocortisone also helped by lower back pain and knee pain. Apparently low cortisol people have those problems as well as the fatigue.

Ratbag, what mg are you taking and how are you taking it? I also use found Iím hypothyroid as well. Did you have the constant adrenaline feeling? Like your stuck in the fight or flight response?

Yes I did along with so many other symptoms that can be found online. My MD Rx'd cortef (pills) 10mg each. I take 15mg when I get up. I take 10 at lunch and 5 at supper for a total of 30mg daily. It's the same therapy as one gets when you have addisons disease. I had a head injury when I was 7 years old that damaged my pituitary. So it compromised my body's ability to make it's own hormones. Unfortunately they didn't figure it out until I was 50. It wasn't until my hormone MD did a saliva test and he learned that I was low at all 4 times.

Wow thatís crazy! In 7th grade I had my head slammed into a cement wall when playing basketball. Iím not sure if thatís what causes my hypogonadism, hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue but it makes me wonder. Iím currently waiting to hear back from Defy so see if hydrocortisone is still an option for me. What other symptoms did you have if you donít mind me asking?

I take cortisone for Addison's Disease, primary adrenal insufficiency. Rare, a familial issue, the cortisone improved my thyroid function dramatically.
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastWatcher View Post
    I take cortisone for Addison's Disease, primary adrenal insufficiency. Rare, a familial issue, the cortisone improved my thyroid function dramatically.
    Since addisons is an autoimmune related disease I wonder if sodium bicarbonate would help... perhaps the damage is already done. Do you have other autoimmune diseases? Hashimoto's perhaps?

Not that I know of. I had my antibodies checked when I had my thyroid test done and that came back ok. Just a high reverse t3z. So now Iím taking t3 for my thyroid. I have secondary hypogonadism which is an issue with my pituitary gland I believe so if just makes me wonder.

Started 5mg of hydrocortisone in the mornings per Dr. Saya recommendations. Unfortunately I feel with recently starting the thyroid medication and the hydrocortisone that itís mke me sweat a lot and increase that adrenaline feeling I have. Iím hoping itís something that my body just has to adapt to. The goal is to take 5mg of hydrocortisone 3 times a day.

Thread Information