Fish oil maybe more harmful than trans fats? NIH report

Buy Lab Tests Online

DragonBits

My doctor has recommended taking fish oil, but I keep reading conflicting reports that it doesn't help at all.

Even more damming is this NIH report from 2014. But fish oil is still strongly pushed.

25. Conclusion
Marine/fish oil, in the supraphysiologic, prophylactic amounts often consumed, is harmful, possibly even more harmful than trans fats [3]. If proper physiologic amounts were utilized (<20&#8201;mg EPA/DHA), perhaps their furan acid content would be a significant positive factor; the concern of rampant oxidation is alleviated. Otherwise, given today's high quantities of fish oil recommendation, we see that their furan acid component is rendered ineffective.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3914521/

So the main fatty acid that maybe a benefit is Furan fatty acids, but it is overwhelmed by EPA/DHA.

Emotionally I still want to take fish oil, but I think it's just that marketing has influenced me. Scientifically I keep reading that not only does it not help, it can be harmful.

So this leaves me conflicted .

What do the forum posters think about fish oil and have you read the negative reviews of fish oil?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Ardoc

It is a startling thought but fwiw that article has been retracted based on a disclaimer at the top of the page and the word "Retracted" across each page

DragonBits

It is a startling thought but fwiw that article has been retracted based on a disclaimer at the top of the page and the word "Retracted" across each page

thanks I missed that retraction, i wonder why they still leave it published.

I see NIH says.

[FONT=&quot]The article titled “[/FONT]Why Fish Oil Fails: A Comprehensive 21st Century Lipids-Based Physiologic Analysis[FONT=&quot]” [[/FONT]1[FONT=&quot]], published in Journal of Lipids has been retracted as a result of an undeclared competing interest on the part of the manuscript's author.[/FONT]

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me