Greetings from TN. Beginning my journey with TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Drummerman

Hi all, nice to be here. I'm a 35 year old guy who has been struggling with various issues related to low-t and just now figured out that's what is going on. For years I never even considered my issues could be hormonal in nature, and so I just lived with fatigue, depression, low libido and ED, thinking it's just the way life is.

Recently things just started getting so bad I did some searching and learned about trt, which surprisingly had never even entered my mind as a possibility. I found a local low-t center with good reviews in my area, and had the blood test done. My first test came back with a total testosterone level of 123. I went for my second test the next day (both done at 8am) and it was 150. They gave me my first injection that day, 200mg. Their initial plan is to now do 140mg every week for 6 weeks and re-evaluate me. I also asked for HCG for cosmetic purposes, as my self-esteem is low enough as it is, and being younger(ish) I'd prefer to retain the look and feel of having testicles.

A bit of info, I'm 6'1", 188lb, reasonably healthy with no serious medical issues, just some mild asthma. I eat well, but not like an Olympic athlete. I have an on/off relationship with the gym; i used to go hardcore, then slacked, then tried to get back in it and struggled to do half of what I easily used to do when I first started. The lack of strength and sheer feeling of weakness was one of the biggest things that got me searching.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Just hoping to find some good info and support here, and perhaps as I continue my journey, be able to provide hope to others who may be struggling. Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Welcome to Excelmale. If your initial pre-TRT labs didn't test for SHBG these large weekly injections could end up causing problems, usually SHBG levels determine dosing and injection frequency. There's only one instance where this protocol will succeed, if you have overly high SHBG, you hyper metabolize testosterone.

A lot of guys with low T also have low thyroid function (low fT3) and TRT will not work unless thyroid in functioning well.

Keep us posted on the progress forward.

Last edited:

buggies100

Welcome. You are in a good place here. Tons of info. Do not expect over night miracles, go slow and be patient. It is a journey.

CoastWatcher

I actually have no idea. The only paperwork they gave me just showed the total t-level. I will ask them on my next visit (Friday) if there are any other lab results they can provide me.
There are a number of labs that need to be performed before a patient starts walking the hormone highway - some are absolutely essential.

stevep

Welcome. I'm another in Tennessee south of Nashville. One thing you'll learn here quickly is to become your own advocate for your health. Get your lab results and these guys will help you learn what you need to know to have a hormone balanced life.

Nashtide

Welcome. I'm another in Tennessee south of Nashville. One thing you'll learn here quickly is to become your own advocate for your health. Get your lab results and these guys will help you learn what you need to know to have a hormone balanced life.
Whereabouts? I'm in Franklin.

Drummerman

Ok, so I got my full lab results. I'm at work so I cant upload the pictures yet, I'll do that later. In the meantime, to answer an earlier question by CoastWatcher, my SHBG is 18.4

Systemlord

Ok, so I got my full lab results. I'm at work so I cant upload the pictures yet, I'll do that later. In the meantime, to answer an earlier question by CoastWatcher, my SHBG is 18.4

That's my SHBG score and TRT doesn't resolve all symptoms unless I inject 20-25mg EOD, most guys with SHBG under 20 find injecting EOD to be best. It sounds like you're not self injecting at home, weekly injections will not work for you. Low SHBG men do not hold onto their testosterone well or for very long, this is why you must inject EOD, I do not expect them to understand at all.

If they refuse injections EOD, then you need to go elsewhere for your treatment. We all self inject at home, only those with little experience (Doctors) have little confidence in themselves which is a reason for not allowing self injections at home. This fear often gets in the way of TRT being successful.

Nashtide

That's my SHBG score and TRT doesn't resolve all symptoms unless I inject 20-25mg EOD, most guys with SHBG under 20 find injecting EOD to be best. It sounds like you're not self injecting at home, weekly injections will not work for you. Low SHBG men do not hold onto their testosterone well or for very long, this is why you must inject EOD, I do not expect them to understand at all.

If they refuse injections EOD, then you need to go elsewhere for your treatment. We all self inject at home, only those with little experience (Doctors) have little confidence in themselves which is a reason for not allowing self injections at home. This fear often gets in the way of TRT being successful.
My guy in TN is totally hands off. My meds and supplies are mailed and I follow my own protocol. I run labs whenever I want and tinker with the protocol whenever I want. He's there for support but doesn't interfere unless you want him to help.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me