Bloated feeling after working out-Cortisol maybe?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JayLay777

It seems like after I have a nice workout sometimes I will feel and look bloated after my "pump" from lifting goes away. Is this maybe due to the rise in cortisol after a hard workout session? I can really tell that my lower stomach gets bloated and muscles just feel a lot softer than before my workout. Also I can tell that my chest looks flabbier than it did before the workout. It almost looks like I gained some water weight sometimes. Has anybody ever had this feeling after a workout session before? I'm thinking its due to either a rise in cortisol from working out or just not eating enough before the workout. I do not take any creatine either so I know thats not the cause.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
hows your water intake before and during your workout? I get a little belly full or what the girls might call a "fat day" but then I've had near a gallon of water in about 90 minutes, too.

Vince

Super Moderator
While you're working out your muscles get nice and pumped, afterwards eventually they go back to normal. So I'm guessing you just feel softer than before. With proper nutrition and proper exercises eventually your muscles will increase. It does take time though.

It seems like after I have a nice workout sometimes I will feel and look bloated after my "pump" from lifting goes away. Is this maybe due to the rise in cortisol after a hard workout session? I can really tell that my lower stomach gets bloated and muscles just feel a lot softer than before my workout. Also I can tell that my chest looks flabbier than it did before the workout. It almost looks like I gained some water weight sometimes. Has anybody ever had this feeling after a workout session before? I'm thinking its due to either a rise in cortisol from working out or just not eating enough before the workout. I do not take any creatine either so I know thats not the cause.
Can you photograph this before and after JayLay and share it with us? No face is required to keep things private.

Yes I will . Either today or tomorrow . I think it might actually have something to do with my body holding water maybe .

No rush just when you get some good examples. Once they are up I would PM Loki, Madman and Gene Devine
and ask them to look over this thread. I my mind these are the 3 goto guys when muscle building questions come up.

madman

Super Moderator

Excess cortisol can definitely cause one to gain/hold water and if your levels are constantly elevated due to excess stress whether (mental/physical), lack of sleep, over-training (too long workouts/not recovering and resting in between sessions), poor diet (not consuming enough calories/lack of protein) it can cause the body to look softer.

As you know the t/cortisol ratio can have a big impact on body composition as higher cortisol/low t can have many negative effects.

Testosterone is anabolic and having healthy blood levels will allow one to maintain/gain muscle and strength and lose adipose much easier and is amplified when one strength trains with weights and follows a good diet whether trying to gain muscle or lose adipose.

Cortisol is catabolic and although it plays a strong role in the bodys fight/flight response under times of stress whether mental/physical in excess it can cause a host of negative issues especially loss of muscle/strength and an increase in adipose/water in tissue among many other negative effects on ones body.

Highly doubtful elevated cortisol post work-out would cause any issues regarding bloating especially if your workout was not too long and you were using a post-workout meal/shake containing protein or protein/carbs as protein consumption as well as carbohydrates can lower cortisol levels.

I think the culprit could be your pre-workout meal especially if it contained carbohydrate which can definitely cause bloat or another culprit the all mighty whey protein can definitely cause bloating in many and yes even whey isolate.

I would look at what you may have eaten pre-workout or possibly what you consumed intra/post workout.................WHEY or CARBS!

JayLay777

Ya usually my workouts are in the evening after I have consumed several meals. My workouts are kind of lengthy I have to say. I’m usually in their for an hour in a half to even two hours. I usually do not eat much before my workouts though besides taking my pre workout supplement called defiant by muscle force for added energy and pumps. Maybe something in my preworkout can cause that bloated flabby feeling.

Loki

Ya usually my workouts are in the evening after I have consumed several meals. My workouts are kind of lengthy I have to say. I'm usually in their for an hour in a half to even two hours. I usually do not eat much before my workouts though besides taking my pre workout supplement called defiant by muscle force for added energy and pumps. Maybe something in my preworkout can cause that bloated flabby feeling.

I have a few questions for you-

1. How many days per week do you work out
2. How many sets per workout
3. What is your rest time in between sets

Ya usually my workouts are in the evening after I have consumed several meals. My workouts are kind of lengthy I have to say. I'm usually in their for an hour in a half to even two hours. I usually do not eat much before my workouts though besides taking my pre workout supplement called defiant by muscle force for added energy and pumps. Maybe something in my preworkout can cause that bloated flabby feeling.

anecdotal and not directed at you but I can walk in my gym and see peeps there and they're there when I leave 75 minutes later so being there and actually doing something in that time are two different things which I think was the basis of Loki's question.

JayLay777

I usually workout at least 5-6 days a week. I never count my sets usually but I know when I'm there I workout hard and don't mess around. I usually do three to four sets per exercise. I keep reps around 10 -15. I never keep track of my rest time but its at least 30 seconds after my last set.

madman

Super Moderator
I usually workout at least 5-6 days a week. I never count my sets usually but I know when I'm there I workout hard and don't mess around. I usually do three to four sets per exercise. I keep reps around 10 -15. I never keep track of my rest time but its at least 30 seconds after my last set.

If you are naturally lean and finding a hard time gaining muscle you would make better progress training in the 6-8 rep range with heavier weights 3-4 days/week and as long as you are consuming enough calories above maintenance along with adequate protein you should see results.

Mind you if you are lifting strictly weights 5-6 days/week you may be over training and recovery will be impeded.

Growth happens during recovery when you rest and sleep/diet is critical to gaining muscle/strength let alone a healthy anabolic environment.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me