can cytomel by itself be used to treat hypothyroidism

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ratbag

Yes lots of people do. I was started on just cytomel but once I started (25mcg daily) it drove down my FT4 so I was eventually put on synthroid as well to get my FT4 back in range. This doesn't happen to everyone.

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes lots of people do. I was started on just cytomel but once I started (25mcg daily) it drove down my FT4 so I was eventually put on synthroid as well to get my FT4 back in range. This doesn't happen to everyone.

If you have healthy levels of free T3 do you need a good free T4 levels?

ratbag

Yes recently they have concluded this. Not so in the past. I'm struggling to get my FT4 higher than 50% even though I take 200mcg of Synthroid daily. So I'm now taking 300mcg daily and will get labs after 6 weeks to see the effect. I am still hypothyroid despite all that, even though my RT3 is good.

LTChris

I am currently on 50mcg cytomel. Still titrating to find right dose. I do feel a little better since going to striaght T3, but not where I want to be. I have labs taken today. I'll let you know?

Vince

Super Moderator
I am currently on 50mcg cytomel. Still titrating to find right dose. I do feel a little better since going to striaght T3, but not where I want to be. I have labs taken today. I'll let you know?
If you could post your labs that would be great. LTChris, do you just take your dose once a day or do you split it up.

ratbag

Some of the best info I found on T3 was from a researcher named John C Lowe. He died from an accident but he was the first guy to learn that fibromyalgia was a result of low T3 or not enough T3 getting into your cellular structure. Quite a brilliant guy. It was his research that led me to to trying T3. He had to take 125mcg daily to feel normal. He claimed that taking it once daily was fine as most MD's that did Rx it would almost always dose it several times a day. I ended up trying both ways and found that dosing it once daily worked fine. He claimed that he was able to cure fibromyalgia successfully in 85% of his patients with T3. Google him, he used to have many websites related to his research. Ironically he was a chiropractor before he started doing research.

Vince

Super Moderator
Some of the best info I found on T3 was from a researcher named John C Lowe. He died from an accident but he was the first guy to learn that fibromyalgia was a result of low T3 or not enough T3 getting into your cellular structure. Quite a brilliant guy. It was his research that led me to to trying T3. He had to take 125mcg daily to feel normal. He claimed that taking it once daily was fine as most MD's that did Rx it would almost always dose it several times a day. I ended up trying both ways and found that dosing it once daily worked fine. He claimed that he was able to cure fibromyalgia successfully in 85% of his patients with T3. Google him, he used to have many websites related to his research. Ironically he was a chiropractor before he started doing research.

A friend of my fiance has fibromyalgia, she's takes lots of pain pills and now she's addicted to the pills. I wonder how many doctors know about this information about T3.

ratbag

A friend of my fiance has fibromyalgia, she's takes lots of pain pills and now she's addicted to the pills. I wonder how many doctors know about this information about T3.

Very few. It's much like TRT is... only the MD's who understand how it works subscribe to it... otherwise it's completely ignored. Mainstream medicine seems to only treat symptoms now.

T3 changed my life and brought my fibromyalgia under control.

Vince

Super Moderator
I thought I would post my thyroid labs.
TSH 1.800 range 0.400-4.500
FT4 1.1 range 0.7-1.8
FT3 1.9 range 2.0-4.4

I'm currently taking Synthroid 50 mcg and Armour 90 mg
My new script Synthroid 50 mcg and liothyronine (Cytomel) 25 mcg
I will have new thyroid labs with reverse T3 in 8 weeks.

ratbag

90mg armour (who people are saying isn't very good anymore) is 1.5 grains which equals approx. 12mcg T3 and 52.5mcg T4. With T3 below range many people feel depressed. Also your Ft4 is below 50% (1.25) You also need to increase this. By substituting NDT with Cytomel you end up losing more T4. You may have to take 100mcg Synthroid to get yout FT4 above 50%. Hopefully 25mcg T3 should get your T3 towards the upper end.

Vince

Super Moderator
90mg armour (who people are saying isn't very good anymore) is 1.5 grains which equals approx. 12mcg T3 and 52.5mcg T4. With T3 below range many people feel depressed. Also your Ft4 is below 50% (1.25) You also need to increase this. By substituting NDT with Cytomel you end up losing more T4. You may have to take 100mcg Synthroid to get yout FT4 above 50%. Hopefully 25mcg T3 should get your T3 towards the upper end.
It's a start, she did listen to me and I told her your story. I would like my FT3 and FT4 to top 75% range, she said we'll adjust my meds and hopefully I'll get my thyroid dialed-in.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me