36 y/o at CrossRoads with TRT, My Story, Please Weigh In

Buy Lab Tests Online

LakeGuy81

Prior to starting TRT last June, I began having left testicular pain and almost like a burning sensation in my left groin. Never on the right side, always isolated to the left. It would come and go, then come on again. Never was excruciating, just a nagging and dull pain. It eventually got worse in March of 2017 to the point it forced me to visit two different urologists. I was thinking it was a varicocele or epididymitis at the time. They ran bloods, urine, etc and everything came back fine except for low total T number of 290. I then forced the 2nd uro to also do a testicular ultrasound, and it came back unremarkable. Both these urologists were younger doctors, and acted like they didn't care about my situation or like I had a serious condition that could be treated. They both said: "We see a lot of guys in their 30's like you who have this testicular aching that comes and goes, all you can do is just take some ibuprofen until the inflammation goes down, blah, blah. Ironically, they both were against TRT too, and acted like the low T was just something I needed to deal with if I planned on having kids, etc!

Despite what these "doctors" told me, I went on TRT/HCG from last June until about 30 days ago, but stopped 30 days ago because of extreme anxiety and zero libido (I had libido for the first couple months of TRT, it then faded.) Oddly, the testicular pain situation also went away completely, or greatly, greatly dissipated, while on TRT, and even up until now, as well. I think my free estrogen got too high because I'm lowish SHBG guy, but that wasn't confirmed 100%. Once I stopped TRT the anxiety went away, and I feel better now.

I'm considering giving TRT another run, this time with Defy, but the questions below keep lingering for me:

1) Could the left testicular pain have ANY correlation with why my T was low in the first place? Could I have some kind of condition, like chronic epididymitis, that isn't showing up on blood/urine tests but is keeping my left testicle from producing, and subsequently causing the low T? It just seems odd I had that pain and then also low T? You know?
2) Should #1 be investigated thoroughly before a younger guy like me, only 36, begins TRT (and daily injections) for the rest of his life?

Has anyone else on here dealt with vague testicular pain over a long period like me? Please give me thoughts here. I'm totally lost as to whether to dig into this left testicle pain more or just contact Defy and move forward. I guess I'm just clinging to hope that I might find a "natural" or "medical" cure to the low T and bring it back without needing therapy.

This forum is awesome, thanks for any feedback guys.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Testicle pain could be caused by low luteinizing hormone or LH, low LH can cause testicular pain. HCG raises LH and is why the testicular pain resolved, you stopped it and the pain came back.

Low SHBG guys should be injecting smaller doses EOD, 18-25mg EOD. You will also need AI support to help control the excess estrogen conversion since low SHBG guys have so much free hormones.

The high E2 build up in your system after a couple of months and will kill your libido and cause anxiety for people that don't typically have anxiety. When my E2 gets high I get bad anxiety and when my E2 is under control I have no anxiety.

Didn't your previous doctors put you on an aromatase inhibitor?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me