Sudden increase in HCT and HGB?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Systemlord

I scored a HCT of 50% and a HGB of 17 g/dl with a TT of 596ng/dL and still awaiting my estrogen labs. I was previously tinkering with 70mg twice weekly (High E2), then 60mg twice weekly (High E2) and I went back to 50mg twice weekly.

Two months ago I had a stable HCT of 46% and HGB of 16 g/dL injecting doses EOD and months earlier the same score injecting 50mg twice weekly 6 months ago. I know full well that testosterone and estrogen fluctuate wildly for about 4-6 weeks and then stabilize, but does HCT and HGB also fluctuate during this time?

Thanks, systemlord.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

I scored a HCT of 50% and a HGB of 17 g/dl with a TT of 596ng/dL and still awaiting my estrogen labs. I was previously tinkering with 70mg twice weekly (High E2), then 60mg twice weekly (High E2) and I went back to 50mg twice weekly.

Two months ago I had a stable HCT of 46% and HGB of 16 g/dL injecting doses EOD and months earlier the same score injecting 50mg twice weekly 6 months ago. I know full well that testosterone and estrogen fluctuate wildly for about 4-6 weeks and then stabilize, but does HCT and HGB also fluctuate during this time?

Thanks, systemlord.
Right now are you using the same protocol than before (when HCT was stable?). What is your free T now and then?
For how long your HCT was stable and how many blood works you had to come to this conclusion? How long have you been on TRT?
Hydration doesn’t seem like the issue given your HCT/hemoglobin ratio.
Have you added iron or high dosage Vit B12 or C recently?
If you tried to raised your testosterone dosage to 70mg twice a week and then end up reducing it back to 50mg twice a week that should explain the HCT increase

Systemlord

Right now are you using the same protocol than before (when HCT was stable?). What is your free T now and then?
For how long your HCT was stable and how many blood works you had to come to this conclusion? How long have you been on TRT?
Hydration doesn’t seem like the issue given your HCT/hemoglobin ratio.
Have you added iron or high dosage Vit B12 or C recently?
If you tried to raised your testosterone dosage to 70mg twice a week and then end up reducing it back to 50mg twice a week that should explain the HCT increase

Been on TRT for 11.5 months and when I was doing either 50mg twice weekly or 25mg EOD, my HCT stabilized at 46% up until the tenth month up until the point where I attempted 70mg twice weekly and 60mg twice weekly. I still have 3 weeks to go for a stable state coming down to 50mg twice weekly from the previous 60-70mg twice weekly which both failed do to high E2. I had three different labs indicating stable HCT in the 10 month period.

No supplements of any kind other than protein shakes sometimes twice daily. I've been laying off steak for a while, I do not crave steak in the middle of a protocol change only after once I reach a stable state. My free T has been in the middle ranges mostly except for when I was doing 25mg EOD which put me high normal FT which is why I had such a problem with estrogen, even then HCT was super stable for 4 months at which time I had 2 labs showing a stable 46% HCT.

Wondering if I should donate blood anyhow or wait to see if it stabilizes on its own. Knowing this would put me at ease, but then again if it doesn't stabilize to its previous level things could get complicated real fast. Having my treatment stopped and or lowering my dose is not an option at this point.

Thanks, systemlord.

I think any one running a stable H/H is a unicorn. This stuff is part and parcel to TRT and is just how it is but you're obviously up and down in dose so thats the obvious explanation but is it the root cause? Probably but who knows.

Blackhawk

If I am understanding you right, you increased your dose and HCT/HGB went up?

Yeah, if so the logical solution is to lower the dose back to 50mg 2x/week.

Red blood cells have about a 120 day life span, so it takes a very long time for them to decrease naturally if you lower dose and indeed re-balance again, I'd expect to see it in 4 months.

I am waiting for this myself, HGB/HCT went high on supraphysiological dosing and my doseage has been reduced twice. Jan and March bloods show the HCT has stabilized at 52.5, hoping in another couple months it's on the way back down.

Vince

Super Moderator
For my first two years of trt, I did donate blood every 8 weeks to keep my HCT levels good. Eventually my HCT did stabilized and I haven't had to donate any blood since September 2017.

captain

You have to look at your BUN level on your CMP labs and see if it was higher or lower. Higher than before you would be more dehydrated and lower is more hydrated. If BUN is not the same as your last labs your not comparing apples to apples. Hydration has effects on HCT levels.

Systemlord

I got most of my other labs (minus E2) and wanted to know based upon creatinine, I'm wanting to gain insight on my muscle metabolism based upon my creatinine. I know it's in ranges but we all know just because it's in range doesn't mean it's optimal, but is this value considered optimal?

[TD="class: nameCol srchbl"][/TD]
[TD="class: valueCol"][/TD]
[TD="class: rangeCol"][/TD]

[TD="class: nameCol srchbl"]CREATININE, URINE[/TD]
[TD="class: valueCol"]173.0 mg/dL[/TD]
[TD="class: rangeCol"]22.0 - 328.0 mg/dL[/TD]

[TD="class: nameCol srchbl"][/TD]
[TD="class: valueCol"][/TD]
[TD="class: rangeCol"][/TD]

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors