Protect your prostate with good sleep or melatonin supplements

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Men who sleep soundly are less likely to develop prostate cancer, a new study suggests.

images (6).jpg

Higher levels of melatonin, a hormone produced at night which helps regulate the body's internal clock, were linked to a 75 per cent lower risk of developing an advanced form of the disease.

But those with above average melatonin marker levels were 75 per cent less likely to develop advanced prostate cancer than those with below average levels, according to results presented at an American Association for Cancer Research conference.
Source

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I know we all react differently but here is my experience with melatonin

Time release is better or else eyes pop open at 3am as the dose wears off.
Used more than a few days in a row and there is an increase in depression.
Start low. You may find that 1mg works just fine.

Tryptophan seems to work almost as well but without the sxs for me. Just my two cents based on my use and not meant to discourage anyone!!

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Love the stuff and take 9 mg before bed every night.

Melatonin does more than just help one sleep.

From examine.com:
Melatonin is a neurohormone secreted by the pineal gland in the brain and it is well known for causing and regulating sleep. Light suppresses melatonin synthesis. The primary use of melatonin as a supplement is to normalize abnormal sleep patterns.
Irregular sleep patterns are associated with a wide variety of health problems and premature aging. Melatonin is the hormone used by your body to help you fall asleep, and thus supplementation is seen as a way to get regular sleep. This is particularly useful for people who engage in shift work or are jet lagged.
Other benefits of melatonin include general neuroprotective effects, as melatonin is a powerful antioxidant. Melatonin also has several anti-cancer properties, and is currently being investigated for its role in fighting breast cancer. It does not appear to have much of an effect on Lean Mass or body fat, but it potentially stops your body from gaining more fat. Melatonin supplementation also benefits eye health, possibly reduces tinnitus, and improve mood (by helping you get better sleep).
Melatonin's primary mechanism is by helping decrease the time it takes to fall asleep (as a hormone, that is it's primary job).
There are some demographics that tend to have irregular melatonin production in their body. Smokers tend to be less responsive to supplementation, and older people tend to not produce as much during night time. Depression has also been associated with lower melatonin levels.
Taking melatonin is not associated with negative feedback (when taking supplementation causes your body to produce less of a hormone). It is also not addictive, and is not toxic.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Melatonin and male reproduction

Highlights

•Melatonin regulates the secretion of two key neurohormones, GnRH and LH.•Melatonin regulates testosterone synthesis and testicular maturation.•Melatonin prevents testicular damage caused by environmental toxins or inflammation as a potent free radical scavenger.

Abstract

Melatonin is a neurohormone secreted by the pineal gland whose concentrations in the body are regulated by both the dark–light and seasonal cycles. The reproductive function of seasonal breeding animals is clearly influenced by the circadian variation in melatonin levels. Moreover, a growing body of evidence indicates that melatonin has important effects in the reproduction of some non-seasonal breeding animals. In males, melatonin affects reproductive regulation in three main ways. First, it regulates the secretion of two key neurohormones, GnRH and LH. Second, it regulates testosterone synthesis and testicular maturation. Third, as a potent free radical scavenger that is both lipophilic and hydrophilic, it prevents testicular damage caused by environmental toxins or inflammation. This review summarizes the existing data on the possible biological roles of melatonin in male reproduction. Overall, the literature data indicate that melatonin affects the secretion of both gonadotropins and testosterone while also improving sperm quality. This implies that it has important effects on the regulation of testicular development and male reproduction.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0009898115002284

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching