Recent labs, not feeling well

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Driven Mad

Would a good test be to try a grape seed oil formulation from a compounding pharmacy?
It would seem that allergies to cottonseed oil are rare but well documented. Those that do react, react badly.

Driven Mad

sh1973

I found an expired bottle of enanthate and it’s sesame oil so I think that rules this out. Both affect me the same.

sh1973

I have an appointment on Monday with my urologist to discuss going back on topical. It’s really all I know to do at this point. The people I’ve dealt with at Defy are nice, but having no link whatsoever to your physician sucks to be honest. With my urologist or primary care doctor, I can ask a question thru the patient portal and have an answer from my doctor that day. The quickest I can even see Dr Saya is in June and for someone that is having bad issues with the prescribed protocol, this isn’t good. I supposed the system they use works well for patients cruising along and feeling great, but for someone having problems it’s no good. I feel I’m in a spot that I’m going to have to choose my own treatment, sort of like being in a round room looking for the corner.

Vince

Super Moderator
Because you felt your best with gels, I wonder if you have low DHT? I would think that may one thing you should have tested besides your other labs.

1Draw

See if you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Calkins, I would bet you can see him sooner. He is treating me for my high Reverse T3 caused by low ferritin/iron from frequent blood donations and a terrible sinus/flu infection in January. He only ran 4 test that I got a script for, took to LabCorp and my insurance covered. Here is what he ran and results done on 2/16/18.

Thyroxine (T-4) 7.6 ug/dl (4.2-13.0)
Free T4 .097 ng/dl (.8 - 1.7)
Reverse T3 28.1 ng/dl (9.2 - 24.1) He said during consult needs to be below 15.
Triiodothydronine Free (T3) 3.6 pg/ml (2.0 - 4.4)

Ratio of RT3/T3 is 12.8 and needs to be over 20.

Prescribed T3 medicine I got from Walgreens, Liothyronine 5mcg 90 tablets and said to take 1 in am 30 minutes before food and 1 in pm 30 min before food and go up to 2 each time if not feeling better in couple weeks. Currently on 2 in am and 2 in pm and I can tell a big difference on how I feel.

Had a quick Thyroid blood test done thru Discount Labs on 4/10 and my RT3 is down to 20.4 so, has dropped 8 points in 7 weeks...

You cannot depend on Medical School MD'S to know all of this which is why Defy and Primebody, sponsors of this site are doing so well in medicating a multitude of symptoms and causes that are not taught in med schools.

Low testosterone symptoms and hypothyroidism symptoms are very much related and alike. Here is a good source:
https://www.restartmed.com/thyroid-symptoms-men/

Too many times its not testosterone it is the thyroid. That's why I think a full thyroid panel should be pulled with any one complaining of low testosterone prior to starting any treatment. A person could very easily have both. Can save a lot of time and suffering!

P.S. I would advise you to have an Iron/Ferritin panel done at same time to see if it could be causing your symptoms and hypothyroidism.

Last edited:

sh1973

Because you felt your best with gels, I wonder if you have low DHT? I would think that may one thing you should have tested besides your other labs.
I’ve tested DHT a few times and it’s normally top of range when t levels are over 1000ng

sh1973

Dr. Calkins is well up
Into May. I’ve never donated blood so not sure I would be low in ferritin. I’ve had several full thyroid labs done in the past and all levels were normal. TSH has risen from 2.0 to 2.3 over the last year and that’s the only thing that’s changed. I might call Defy again Monday and see if there’s any way of getting some advice prior to an appointment. Waiting 6-7 weeks at this point isn’t an option feeling as bad as I do. Everyone always says how well Dr Saya is and I’d like to have a consult with him if possible.

sh1973

As far as ferritin, I’ve never donated blood and hematocrit stays 47-49% and hemoglobin in the 15.0-15.5 range. Never tested ferritin

Vince

Super Moderator
See if you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Calkins, I would bet you can see him sooner. He is treating me for my high Reverse T3 caused by low ferritin/iron from frequent blood donations and a terrible sinus/flu infection in January. He only ran 4 test that I got a script for, took to LabCorp and my insurance covered. Here is what he ran and results done on 2/16/18.

Thyroxine (T-4) 7.6 ug/dl (4.2-13.0)
Free T4 .097 ng/dl (.8 - 1.7)
Reverse T3 28.1 ng/dl (9.2 - 24.1) He said during consult needs to be below 15.
Triiodothydronine Free (T3) 3.6 pg/ml (2.0 - 4.4)

Ratio of RT3/T3 is 12.8 and needs to be over 20.

Prescribed T3 medicine I got from Walgreens, Liothyronine 5mcg 90 tablets and said to take 1 in am 30 minutes before food and 1 in pm 30 min before food and go up to 2 each time if not feeling better in couple weeks. Currently on 2 in am and 2 in pm and I can tell a big difference on how I feel.

Had a quick Thyroid blood test done thru Discount Labs on 4/10 and my RT3 is down to 20.4 so, has dropped 8 points in 7 weeks...

You cannot depend on Medical School MD'S to know all of this which is why Defy and Primebody, sponsors of this site are doing so well in medicating a multitude of symptoms and causes that are not taught in med schools.

Low testosterone symptoms and hypothyroidism symptoms are very much related and alike. Here is a good source:
https://www.restartmed.com/thyroid-symptoms-men/

Too many times its not testosterone it is the thyroid. That's why I think a full thyroid panel should be pulled with any one complaining of low testosterone prior to starting any treatment. A person could very easily have both. Can save a lot of time and suffering!

P.S. I would advise you to have an Iron/Ferritin panel done at same time to see if it could be causing your symptoms and hypothyroidism.

1Draw, are you presently on any type of thyroid Med besides cytomel. I'm taking thyroid Armour, but was considering asking my lipidology as if I could take cytomel and just drop the Armour.

sh1973

Vince if u were me would u stay with the injectable until talking to them or go to the topical. I realize you’re not a doctor but just looking for some insight.

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince if u were me would u stay with the injectable until talking to them or go to the topical. I realize you're not a doctor but just looking for some insight.

I wouldn't change my protocol, without first having a consultation with my try doctor. Do something wrong with suggesting a change, but I wouldn't make it without proper labs and the okay.

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince if u were me would u stay with the injectable until talking to them or go to the topical. I realize you’re not a doctor but just looking for some insight.

I wouldn't change my protocol, without first having a consultation with my try doctor. There is nothing wrong with suggesting changes, but I wouldn't make it without proper labs and the okay.

1Draw

It would be helpful to know your ferritin levels. Something other than Testosterone is causing your fatigue since your levels are fine. If it were me, I would run all the necessary test to be safe and rule out anything hidden.

Good luck!

1Draw

Vince nope I'm on Cytomel right now and just started this on 2/28, no other thyroid meds waiting blood test in May. Armour is mostly T4 with some T3 so it just depends on why you are taking the Armour.

sh1973

I can have it drawn but I was under the assumption blood donations or anemia were the only causes. I’m not a vegetarian either. Defy or none of my other doctors have requested it to this point. Pretty harmless to check I suppose and rule it out.

Vince

Super Moderator
1Draw, I'm on Armor for hypothyroidism. My levels are never just right, my t3 is always low, I'm considering just trying cytomel maybe a protocol similar to yours. If my lipidology won't give me a script, I may just buy it from a India Pharmacy. I could just run my labs for my thyroid through discount labs.

1Draw

I can have it drawn but I was under the assumption blood donations or anemia were the only causes. I’m not a vegetarian either. Defy or none of my other doctors have requested it to this point. Pretty harmless to check I suppose and rule it out.

Here is a good explanation of high Reverse T3 - symptoms, causes and how to treat it. Not all causes are iron related so, you can go thru this and see if you can identify a cause.

https://www.restartmed.com/reverse-t3/

Another excellent source on the RT3....https://stopthethyroidmadness.com/reverse-t3/

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me