letrozole dosage

Buy Lab Tests Online

MR. evil

My Doctor just started me on letrozole and doing some reading on this site I think there was a mistake in my dosage. I’m a low SHBG guy and my last E lab was in the upper range of normal at 44. But I have not been able to lose any weight with diet and exercise, I’m currently 6-0” tall and weight 226. My doctor thinks I’m E sensitive and wants me to start letrozole. He prescribed 2.5mg every other day but that dose seems very high from my reading. I’m thinking it should be .25mg every other day. Thoughts?

My doctor has recently joined a new practice and this wouldn’t be the first mix up his new staff has made.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MR. evil

I am not on any AI. This will be the first time one one. I’m currently taking 50mg of test Cyp twice per week for a total of 100mg per week. Besides not being able to loose any weight on trt I have been having some side effect attributed to high E and my doctor started me on this AI.

Vince

Super Moderator
I am not on any AI. This will be the first time one one. I'm currently taking 50mg of test Cyp twice per week for a total of 100mg per week. Besides not being able to loose any weight on trt I have been having some side effect attributed to high E and my doctor started me on this AI.

Your estrogen is not really that high to cause symptoms. Also did you have the right the estradiol test the sensitive one for men.

MR. evil

I have really low SHBG and my doctor says that makes me more sensitive to E. I only had the standard E test done but asked for the sensitive test when I get new labs done in a month.

JPB

you are correct that is likely a mistake. letrozole is very strong. arimidex is more commonly utilized usually at very low dosages which need to be compounded. in general the use of an ai should be avoided. are you on TRT?

I have really low SHBG and my doctor says that makes me more sensitive to E. I only had the standard E test done but asked for the sensitive test when I get new labs done in a month.

If you get these labs ask for an additional test called Estradiol, Free....would be nice to see it in a low SHBG guy which is were your Doc is going with "more sensitive to E", being much less tolerant to Estrogen levels.

Stevexcitement

you are correct that is likely a mistake. letrozole is very strong. arimidex is more commonly utilized usually at very low dosages which need to be compounded. in general the use of an ai should be avoided. are you on TRT?
I'm not understanding why you would want to avoid taking an ai. Test converts to estrogen. From my experience even at trt dosages that I am estro sensitive. I got gyno and a big lump under my nipple from not using an ai when I started up trt again after getting my wife preggo. Letrozole was the only thing that saved me. Got rid of the lump and gyno all together. No I take a 1/4 of a pill every other day. The pill is 2.5mg of letrozole split up into 4 pieces. This keeps me from having any estro sides. I also dont understand why arimidex is popular over letrozole. I had a friend on arimidex and got tested multiple times to find out that arimidex is causing high bad chlorestoral levels and other things I cant remember. Well the dr prescribed him letrozole to circumvent this. Not only is letro healthier for you, it seems to work way better than arimidex. Well for me anyways. Everytime I switched to arimidex I got estro side effects and gyno, everytime. It's like it doesn't work at all for me. The only thing that saved me after those times were letrozole. Literally a week or two and the gyno is completely gone and nipple soreness goes away almost immediately. I recommend letro over arimidex and so does my friend and his dr. Just my opinion from personal experiences and from a friends experience with dr.

JPB

Sorry for your difficulties. If you are prone to gyno you might need an ai, however, usually adjusting your TRT injection protocol can bring down E levels enough by itself. Letrozole is stronger than arimidex but it can have the same sides. Lastly too little E is also harmful and miserable. Everyone is different but if you can adjust TRT protocol to avoid polypharmacy and ai you will be best off in the long run.

Stevexcitement

Yah if I wasn't so e sensitive. I get what you are saying. Still don't understand why letro isn't used more often considering arimidex does nothing for me. I feel great taking .5-.6mg of letro every other day or 2 day. Another thing to consider from what my friends dr is saying, is that arimidex is causing more bad chlorestoral and switching to letro fixed this issue. I understand what you are saying, just some people can look at a test vial and get gyno like me.

People use Anastrozole over Letro or anything else because it's a super cheap generic and reasonably effective for what needs to be done. When I was looking at something other than anastrozole the costs were orders of magnitude higher so I didn't switch. There's a few guys (none on this forum that I can think of) but who do report that something other than Anastrozole/Arimidex works quite a bit better for them. The difference between a suicide type AI that kills the aromatase enzyme vs one that merely inhibits it.

*Edit I had been considering changing to Aromasin/Exemestane

Stevexcitement

People use Anastrozole over Letro or anything else because it's a super cheap generic and reasonably effective for what needs to be done. When I was looking at something other than anastrozole the costs were orders of magnitude higher so I didn't switch. There's a few guys (none on this forum that I can think of) but who do report that something other than Anastrozole/Arimidex works quite a bit better for them. The difference between a suicide type AI that kills the aromatase enzyme vs one that merely inhibits it.

Interesting, well letro is the better choice and is just as expensive as arimidex on research chemical sites, I wouldn't know a prescription cost since I don't have insurance. I guess people wouldn't know since it's not widely used, except my friends dr put him on letro because arimidex was causing high bad chlorestoral and letro doesn't do that as much. Also what you are referring to as a suicide type ai is aromasin or exemestane. They work extremely well for sensitive people like me, but I personally don't like them because they completely kill all estro at once then you are stuck with how estro sides until it slowly comes back up. Using letro at very small dosages plus it's long half life means it's way better for trt, but people wouldn't know this without using it or because it's not widely used on this site even though my friends dr switched my friend to letro and he likes it better..

Stevexcitement

I think that I'd do better off Anastrozole but an affordable source that isn't a research chem eludes me.

maybe I should ask Defy for a script I can fill locally

I personally stay away from research chems. With no insurance you can still find pharma grade on pharmacy websites all over the internet with out a script and for a good price.. Just my 2 cents. Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. I personally will never go to a dr again considering I've read every book on anabolics and every site and forum for the past 10 years. I've never met a dr on my level of knowledge of hormones. Blood tests are easy to order online..

I buy plenty things overseas but looking at what my insurance will pay on certain drugs that's a better route just in the affordability realm now that I'm looking in to it.

madman

Super Moderator
Interesting, well letro is the better choice and is just as expensive as arimidex on research chemical sites, I wouldn't know a prescription cost since I don't have insurance. I guess people wouldn't know since it's not widely used, except my friends dr put him on letro because arimidex was causing high bad chlorestoral and letro doesn't do that as much. Also what you are referring to as a suicide type ai is aromasin or exemestane. They work extremely well for sensitive people like me, but I personally don't like them because they completely kill all estro at once then you are stuck with how estro sides until it slowly comes back up. Using letro at very small dosages plus it's long half life means it's way better for trt, but people wouldn't know this without using it or because it's not widely used on this site even though my friends dr switched my friend to letro and he likes it better..

Overuse of an aromatase inhibitor and driving ones estradiol too low is what causes negative effects on ones lipids not the specific a.i. as estradiol in HEALTHY amounts has many beneficial effects regarding (brain health/libido/erectile function/immune function/bone health) and has a protective effect regarding lipids.

If one drives e2 too low whether from overuse/misuse of anastrozole or letrozole it can result in negative effects on lipids.....mainly lowered HDL.

Stevexcitement

Overuse of an aromatase inhibitor and driving ones estradiol too low is what causes negative effects on ones lipids not the specific a.i. as estradiol in HEALTHY amounts has many beneficial effects regarding (brain health/libido/erectile function/immune function/bone health) and has a protective effect regarding lipids.

If one drives e2 too low whether from overuse/misuse of anastrozole or letrozole it can result in negative effects on lipids.....mainly lowered HDL.
Totally get that, but in my friends case his dr gave him a prescription for letro because his estro was too high and his hdl lowered, estro was high from hcg. This was not the case of ai overuse at all, quite the opposite, and same with me. I started letro because I got gyno using arimidex.. arimidex does absolutely nothing for me, it's like my body doesn't recognize it and i get a lump under my nipple everytime i try arimidex. LETRO is the only thing that keeps me feeling good and now the same with my friend through his dr. I guess we are just sensitive to estrogen. I do however extremely agree with you that overuse can cause problems, for me it's my sex drive and achy joints. .6mg of letro every other or every 2 days depending on how I feel us what does the trick for me and keeps my estro around 28.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me