Looking for input: Considering protocol changes to discuss with Dr Saya, to resolve side effects

Buy Lab Tests Online

HealthMan

Seems a modest drop in SHBG would be a good thing for me. We'll see where it sits with new labs in a few more weeks.

Also seems to me due to the need to drop HCT/HGB and E2 that lowering daily dose below 14mg would be appropriate. I really don't need a rise in any related hormone level and can probably tolerate some modest decrease in TT/FT. I was doing badly at pre TRT levels of TT 281, FT 3.1, and I was doing considerably better but not there yet on gel at TT 443, FT 14 prior to going to T cyp. I think some of this related hormone elevation is a flywheel effect of starting at much too high a dose of T cyp back in October which put levels at trough of over 1500 and Ft at 39.7, which was seriously overshooting the mark.

Maybe try 12mg daily and go from there.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Blackhawk

Maybe try 12mg daily and go from there.

That's what I have been thinking and I will ask Dr Saya.

So, I still have a hard time verbalizing my unanswered question, I'll try again:

I have understood since before starting this thread that:

-Higher SHBG guys need higher amounts of exogenous T to bring up free T compared to lower SHBG guys.
-Higher SHBG guys generally can tolerate less frequent injections compared to low SHBG guys since they retain more bound (and I assume bound to albumin, so subsequently usable) T
-Lower SHBG guys convert a lot more T cyp into free T, pee it out, effectively dropping their usable stores of T quickly therefore need more frequent injections to top off the free T tank.

What I still don't know is the issue of how frequency of injections affect total T to free T ratios for higher SHBG guys.

Are less frequent larger doses required to bring up free T in relation to total T for higher SHBG guys? Or do more frequent, even daily doses have the same effect?

Last edited:

HealthMan

That's what I have been thinking and I will ask Dr Saya.

So, I still have a hard time verbalizing my unanswered question, I'll try again:

I have understood since before starting this thread that:

-Higher SHBG guys need higher amounts of exogenous T to bring up free T compared to lower SHBG guys.
-Higher SHBG guys generally can tolerate less frequent injections compared to low SHBG guys since they retain more bound (and I assume bound to albumin, so subsequently usable) T
-Lower SHBG guys convert a lot more T cyp into free T, pee it out, effectively dropping their usable stores of T quickly therefore need more frequent injections to top off the free T tank.

What I still don't know is the issue of how frequency of injections affect total T to free T ratios for higher SHBG guys.

Are less frequent larger doses required to bring up free T in relation to total T for higher SHBG guys? Or do more frequent, even daily doses have the same effect?
High SHBG needs higher TT leves to achieve same FT than lower SHBG guys (just remember low SHBG get rid of testosterone quicker so that might come to play specially having in mind how low SHBG is and when you draw blood). So in theory all it matter is TT levels. Not frequency.
However injection frequency and amount might impact SHBG. In my case bigger injections raised my SHBG and smaller more frequent injections lowered SHBG. Like my body is trying to adjust my testosterone leves (given exogenous testosterone being supplied to my body). If you flood your body with testosterone it raises SHBG to try to reduce the amount of testosterone available. And the opposite when exogenous testosterone supplied is lower / more frequent (in my case. Not saying this is a proven body mechanism applied to all. I am low SHBG guy so maybe for naturally high SHBG guy the mechanism is the opposite not sure)

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching