What is the latest treatment for diabetes

As the title, I am a second type diabetes patient, what is the latest treatment for diabetes

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

There is lots of discussion on it, you should try putting it in the search bar above you will faster results with a broad request. People are busy on the weekend, I usually find I can get a lot of info that narrows down who I should be pin pointing for help.

Quote Originally Posted by elsoar View Post
    As the title, I am a second type diabetes patient, what is the latest treatment for diabetes
    This may pique your interest!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5027002/

Quote Originally Posted by elsoar View Post
    I highly recommend to you the book "Diabetes Solution" by Dr. Richard Bernstein, whose protocol represents the cutting edge of diabetes treatment. His belief is that everyone, including diabetics, can and should have normal blood sugars. His regimen is tough, but it works. Also lots of good information on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by dnfuss View Post
    I highly recommend to you the book "Diabetes Solution" by Dr. Richard Bernstein, whose protocol represents the cutting edge of diabetes treatment. His belief is that everyone, including diabetics, can and should have normal blood sugars. His regimen is tough, but it works. Also lots of good information on this site.
    Very good info. When you first read Dr. Bernstein's plan you will say no way can I do that, but you may find you can modify things a bit to get the results you need. It is going to come down to diet, exercise, and possibly the addition of some oral agent(metformin). What is your current HbA1c?

I would recommend a low carb diet along with metformin to control type 2 diabetes.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

Quote Originally Posted by JV63 View Post
    Very good info. When you first read Dr. Bernstein's plan you will say no way can I do that, but you may find you can modify things a bit to get the results you need. It is going to come down to diet, exercise, and possibly the addition of some oral agent(metformin). What is your current HbA1c?
    In Bernstein's view, the goal is to achieve truly normal blood sugars, the same as healthy non-diabetics, i.e., fasting blood sugar in the mid-80s, 100 or below one hour after a meal and fasting blood sugar by two hours. These are the numbers for healthy non-diabetics with truly normal blood sugars no matter what they eat or how much (or how little) they exercise.

If you are a diabetic (or pre-diabetic for that matter), Dr. Bernstein's protocol (highly simplifed) for achieving truly normal blood sugars in a nutshell in order of application is

1. Low-carb diet. Dr. Bernstein 's diet is below 30 grams per day for average-sized adults. If your blood sugar control is only marginally compromised, you might first try below 100 grams per day, then 50, then 30.

2. If insufficient to achieve normal blood sugars, add exercise, both resistance and cardio.

3. If still insufficient, add oral agents. Metformin first and foremost. If that doesn't work, there are others to try.

4. If still insufficient, add insulin.

HgbA1c can be a useful marker to track, but alone is not sufficient to either diagnose diabetes or determine if blood sugar is being managed properly (of note to those on TRT, blood donation will result in HgbA1c lower than might otherwise be expected given one's average blood sugars).

It is primarily high post-meal spikes in blood glucose (over 140), and secondarily fasting blood sugar, that appear to drive diabetic complications and progression of the condition. Diabetics, including Type 1s, who achieve and consistently maintain truly normal blood sugars can avoid complications and live a full life-span.

I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

Yep. Dr. Bernstein's plan will work no doubt. He's living proof of that. When a person sees what he recommends regarding carbs after eating like most people do it is quite a shock.

Thread Information