Shingrix vaccine

Buy Lab Tests Online

jdthoosier

I'll be hitting 60 later this year, and my PCP is recommending that I consider getting the Shingrix vaccine.

I'm extremely cautious about jumping on the Shingrix bandwagon because it's so new. In trying to research the actual risk of getting shingles vs the risk/efficacy of this vaccine, I ran into a lot of marketing fluff, anecdotes, and plenty of relative numbers which can be misleading, and are often used as a PR tool.

I came upon the following:

https://www.healthnewsreview.org/review/by-downplaying-risks-ny-times-column-gives-lopsided-take-on-new-shingles-vaccine/

This is enough to make me pause and wait a bit to see more population data on vaccine reactions and side-effects.

Has anyone gotten the Shingrix vaccine yet?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Pauly_P

I'm also considering it, but have not yet. Thanks for the post and research you've done on the subject. My wife wants us to go and get it done. 62 here.

jdthoosier

I also found this. You may need to register to see the article. The vote by the ACIP to approve this as the preference over Zostavax was 8-7, which is I understand was highly unusual with respect to having such a divided committee. Definitely going to wait and watch.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/887626

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]However, the ACIP split almost evenly on the preference question, with the debate centered on how much caution to take with a brand-new vaccine. Several ACIP members advocated collecting safety data on Shingrix for a year or 2 and waiting to see whether supplies proved adequate before endorsing it over Zostavax. Sandra Fryhofer, MD, a liaison representative for both the American Medical Association and the American College of Physicians, noted that the adjuvant in Shingrix that boosts the immune response "has never been out in the real world before."[/FONT][FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]"It does seem to be a little bit impulsive," Dr Fryhofer said about giving the vaccine a preferential recommendation, adding later, "I do know how wonderful this vaccine is."[/FONT]

Ruffdogster

Gents, I blew off my doc's recommendation for the shingles shot 3 yrs ago, I got the Zostavax shot last year, I am glad I did. After getting the shot I spoke with my sister who is 3 yrs younger than I am and she came down with shingles and she suffered for 5 mo. with severe pain and discomfort from it. I had no side effects from it that I noticed and I am glad I got the shot.
If you want to suffer if you get shingles, be ready to experience some pretty bad pain depending how bad it rears its ugly head.
Just my 2 cents

Good luck!

DragonBits

I am 65, so Medicare will pay for most of this, sure, I will get it whenever I happen to be somewhere it is available. Maybe my PCP, maybe walgreens.

NOTE: I think Shingrix is likely to cause in increase in inflammation for a short time, as does other vaccines such as influenza vaccine.

So I wouldn't get any blood tests done for at least a week after getting the Shingrix vaccine, some markers like c-reactive protein are likely to be elevated and short term changes in triglycerides.

Just guessing, but the NIH does note this with other vaccines. Shingrix "seems" even more likely to cause some inflammation.

------------------------------------------------

Of the lipids, significant decreases in mean concentrations of normalized triglyceride values were seen on days 1 (P < .05), 3 (P < .001), and 7 (P < .05) after vaccination. Our findings show that the influenza vaccination causes transient changes in select markers of inflammation and lipids. Consequently, clinical and epidemiologic interpretation of the biomarkers affected should take into account the possible effects of influenza vaccination.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15976761

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching