Lab Results- feedback requested.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Chipusa15

Hi everyone,
i am a 51 yr old male on Testim (50mg a day) and was hoping to get some thoughts on my recent lab results from the excelmale community. Please see below and thanks in advance for your opinions.

Cortisol AM = 8.1ug/dl (6.2 - 19.4 is reference range)
Estradiol = 14.6 pg/ml (7.6 - 42.6)
Hemoglobin = 14.8 g/dl ( 13- 17.7)
Hematocrit = 42.6% (37.5 - 51)
prostate serum = 0.7 ng/ml (0 - 4.0)
Testosterone Serum = 396 ng/dl ( 264 - 916)
Free Testosterone = 12.9pg/ml (7.2 - 24)

Thanks again to all!
C

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

How do you feel? I would try to get your FT close to 20. If estradiol test is the sensitive one it is a bit on the low side. A higher FT could bring your estradiol up a bit and that would be beneficial. Everything else looks good.

Vince

Super Moderator
I feel ok, but erections are soft, no testicles, and libido can always be better.
Thanks

Have you ever considered injecting testosterone instead of using gels. I think it's an easier method to get good levels and hopefully feeling better.

Chipusa15

Dr has not recommended injections. I assume he would have to think its neccesary to write script for and get insurance to cover. Is there much of a difference in cost if it also covered by insurance?
Thanks.

Vince

Super Moderator
Dr has not recommended injections. I assume he would have to think its neccesary to write script for and get insurance to cover. Is there much of a difference in cost if it also covered by insurance?
Thanks.

The cost is a lot less for using injectables when compared to creams or gels. If your doctor does recommend injecting, make sure you check ExcelMale for the best best type of injecting methods.

Systemlord

Thanks.

Injectable testosterone is the cheapest form of TRT, cost is minimal.

A TRT doctor that doesn't recommend injections is like telling a traffic cop not to use hand signals. Utter nonsense!

No SHBG labs, what kind of hormone doctor is this?

Time for a new doctor.

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

Your estradiol was measured with the incorrect test (the reference range is a dead giveaway). Men should only be tested with the sensitive, LC, MS/MS, test; the standards test that your doctor ordered is utterly unreliable. What is your SHBG?

Chipusa15

Hi everyone,
i am a 51 yr old male on Testim (50mg a day) and was hoping to get some thoughts on my recent lab results from the excelmale community. Please see below and thanks in advance for your opinions.

Cortisol AM = 8.1ug/dl (6.2 - 19.4 is reference range)
Estradiol = 14.6 pg/ml (7.6 - 42.6)
Hemoglobin = 14.8 g/dl ( 13- 17.7)
Hematocrit = 42.6% (37.5 - 51)
prostate serum = 0.7 ng/ml (0 - 4.0)
Testosterone Serum = 396 ng/dl ( 264 - 916)
Free Testosterone = 12.9pg/ml (7.2 - 24)

Thanks again to all!
C
Updated blood work after starting HCG 100iu's daily in May. ... total testosterone jumped to 604 and free to 24! Estradiol increased to 38 and no it was not the sensitive test that I requested as they messed that up again. I also added magnesium oil to my daily routine. Looking for feedback on the Estradiol as I feel some anxiety lately but overall a lot more energy and drive. Thanks

Systemlord

Thanks.

There are a few things that can cause low SHBG, low thyroid hormones Free T3. Fatty liver disease and diabetes will lower SHBG and sometimes it's just genetically low. If the latter is the case you inject smaller doses of T more frequently, EOD or everyday.

A doctor not recommending injections is a problem, it tells me he doesn't know how to play this game.

Chipusa15

There are a few things that can cause low SHBG, low thyroid hormones Free T3. Fatty liver disease and diabetes will lower SHBG and sometimes it's just genetically low. If the latter is the case you inject smaller doses of T more frequently, EOD or everyday.

A doctor not recommending injections is a problem, it tells me he doesn't know how to play this game.
Thanks Systemslord, any feedback would be appreciated on my updated testosterone and estradiol blood work results since on hcg?

Vince

Super Moderator
Most members that have low shbg will do every other day or everyday injections and hopefully that will help. I don't have low shbg but I still do everyday injections. I inject 16 mg of testosterone cypionate daily and 500 IU of HCG every three and a half days, I've never had to use in AI thankfully.

I use for both testosterone and HCG Easy Touch 29g 1/2" syringe for a shallow IM. I inject in my shoulders and VG.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/thr...-no-aspiration-needed-avoids-all-nerves.7671/

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching