A new guy here with quick questions

Buy Lab Tests Online

Ranger100

Hello All,

Background: 65 year old male, low thyroid, narcolepsy, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Celiac disease, (treated and clear from Lyme's disease. In the past year treated for "a Diagnosis of a non typical prostrate cancer" 8+ weeks of radiation and chemotherapy. Thank GOD all clear one year later.

TRT now I started 50mg Androgel per day for 5 weeks lab test. Then increased to 75mg per day and I will test again end of this month.

1. Not noticing major changes, fatigue in a little better, morning erections not yet - just increase size in the am. I can hardly imagine a new normal erection!

2. I'm thinking that I will need 100 - 150 mg of Androgel a day to get where I should be.

Question: Does the increase of "T" blood levels "jump suddenly" with these 25mg increases of Androgel?

Question: Anyone have a problem getting their doctor to keep increasing dose to a good level for them?

Question: Is the increase in the "morning" size a step in the right direction/hopeful sign?

I'm thankful I had a non typical diagnosis and can be treated with "T". Although I believe that low T is a risk factor for "C".

I'm posting my last 3 labs. I realize there are a number of other test that should be done...but considering my history I'm thankful I can get the "T" treatment.

One note: I know my "T" was declining for 6-8 years before radiation and chemotherapy. This last round of treatment really knocked it out...

Sincerely and thanks!

Ranger100

Testosterone Levels

· 138 ng/dL (Low) - After one month of 50mg per day of Androgel

Date:
Mar 16, 2018 10:14 a.m. EDT
Reference Range:
250 ng/dL - 900 ng/dL

· 178 ng/dL (Low)
Date:
Jan 22, 2018 03:55 p.m. EST
Reference Range:
250 ng/dL - 900 ng/dL

· 240 ng/dL (Low)
Date:
Nov 30, 2017 12:12 p.m. EST
Reference Range:
250 ng/dL - 900 ng/dL

Testo, free

• 47 ng/dL (Low) After one month of 50mg per day of Androgel
Date:
Reference Range:
50 ng/dL - 585 ng/dL

• 43 ng/dL (Low)
Date:
Reference Range:
50 ng/dL - 585 ng/dL

• 60 ng/dL
Date:
Reference Range:
50 ng/dL - 585 ng/dL

20 % - 65 %

TestoFree(%)

• 34 % After one month of 50mg per day of Androgel
Date:
Reference Range:
20 % - 65 %

• 24 %
Date:
Reference Range:
20 % - 65 %

• 25 %
Date:
Reference Range:
20 % - 65 %

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Gels are not going to work for you, you simply will never absorb enough. Men with low thyroid tend to not absorb transdermal well at all. Even some men with no thyroid issues don't generally absorb well, I'm one of those men and my thyroid is perfect. Injectables are 100 percent absorbed and a sure way to increase to youthful levels, however as TRT attempts to restore your metabolic rates, your thyroid cannot keep up so TRT will show little results until your thyroid issues are addressed.

Most doctors cut corners and don't order enough labs for thyroid hormones, typically we see a failure to run all but the most important tests. A complete thyroid labs look something like this, checking fT3, rT3, fT4 and antibodies.

Ranger100

Hello All,

I just got these new lab numbers:

T level 431 (range 250-900)

Testo Free 73 ng/dL (range 50 585)

Testo Free % 17% (range 20%-60%)

I'm wondering where the doctors will go next.

Any thoughts? The Testo Free went down.

Thanks,

Ranger100

CoastWatcher

Take an aggressive approach to your thyroid challenges, discontinue the gel, initiate an injection protocol. A good starting protocol is dependent on your SHBG level. Do you know where it sits?

1Draw

Gels for a 65 year old don't work... Trust me. Find a good doctor who understands all the hormones, not just testosterone. Defy Medical and Prime Body are both sponsors and can give you excellent medical advice and the necessary tools to get you healthy. Mainstream medical will not. Took me years to find that out. Be sure and have full Thyroid panels done along with all the pre-testosterone/hormone testing. Sounds like you may have a problem with both.

Here is a good link to think about:
https://www.restartmed.com/thyroid-symptoms-men/

You are responsible for your health, well-being and quality of life. Our current health care system is very poor when it comes to prevention - they just medicate symptoms. Thats why we have the 39th worst health care system in the world.

Good luck Ranger and keep us updated.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching