No Conlusive Evidence TRT Increases Strength

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jinzang

A literature review failed to find conclusive evidence testosterone increases strength. The abstract says:

Muscle strength and physical function decrease in older men, as do testosterone levels. Nonetheless, the effects of testosterone replacement therapy on muscle strength and physical function remain inconclusive and equivocal. We conducted a rapid systematic review, the results of which showed that testosterone replacement does not affect muscle strength (measured by hand grip strength and leg muscle strength), although it may increase physical function (measured by the 6-minute walk test, Physical Activity Scale for the Elderly score, and other physical performance tests).

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Unfortunately, 90% of studies provide no exercise arm or counseling. Strength without hypertrophy induced by resistance exercise is difficult to increase even with more testosterone.

Dave B.

Yes, I'm sure all pro sports leagues and the world anti-doping agency banned testosterone because it doesn't improve strength or athletic performance at all . . . ;)

Virginian

My experience is not consistent with the study conclusion. I started TRT at age 70 and had been working out regularly for many years. Within a month or 2 after starting TRT, I could lift roughly 25% more on all my exercises.

I am also an avid bike rider. After starting TRT my biking speed and ability to climb hills increased dramatically.

My experience is not consistent with the study conclusion. I started TRT at age 70 and had been working out regularly for many years. Within a month or 2 after starting TRT, I could lift roughly 25% more on all my exercises.

I am also an avid bike rider. After starting TRT my biking speed and ability to climb hills increased dramatically.

Similar results for me as Virginian. I gained 8lbs and dropped 8% bodyfat in the 2 years on TRT. Maybe it is because we were working out prior. I have been working out since 1967 and only time off for injuries.

Nelson is spot on. This is not a silver bullet and the work has to be done. Guys who don’t put in the work are like to claim that “it didn’t work.” YOU didn’t work. What’s that saying, “Faith without work is dead”?

Weasel

Add me to the list, I went from a 1RM of about 225, to doing sets of 10x225 in less than a year after starting TRT all while losing 20lbs. 6 years later, 1RM sits around 350-360 at 220lbs and 13% body fat.

FOX1

Add myself to the list also;
I am 53 years old, been on TRT for 2 years now and body strength has increased greatly in all aspects of working out with free weights as well as machines

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me