A low-carb diet for beginners

Buy Lab Tests Online

akamossad

With low-carb diet, do you me ketogenic diet. I don't have a clear understanding of the keto diet however, I have heard people talking about it.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nashtide

With low-carb diet, do you me ketogenic diet. I don't have a clear understanding of the keto diet however, I have heard people talking about it.
Speaking for myself, when I say low carb I am not talking about keto diets. I do however recommend increasing protein intake when reducing carbs and calories to try to hold onto lean body mass.

Sakuraba39

I notice a huge difference in my energy level if I am eating super low carb. I don't feel as strong and can't workout as hard if I don't have some carbs on board.

You're probably not eating enough fat. If you want to do this correctly (LC/HF), you need to eat more fats. The ideal state in this situation is being fat adapted (the body burning fats are their primary source of fuel). Just going low carb isn't enough and will, most likely, put you in a weakened state.

We'd all be better off getting rid of oats and other shit carbs, like quinoa, too. Vegetable and berries are enough. Once I made the switch to +/- 20%P, 65%F, and 15%C, the weight fell off without even trying. I eat more calories now than I have in the past few years and the BF is probably lower than it was when I was in the Army nearly 30 years ago.

Sakuraba39

Oh, and there will be a transition period, guys. If you commit to LCHF (I abide by NSNG no sugar/no grains) there will be a short period where you will feel awful. That is your body rebelling...hoping you'll switch back to carbs. For me, this lasts about 24-36 hours (if/when I eat a pizza, for example). You BF loss might not immediately start either. You body is playing hard to get. Stick with it...

Nashtide

You're probably not eating enough fat. If you want to do this correctly (LC/HF), you need to eat more fats. The ideal state in this situation is being fat adapted (the body burning fats are their primary source of fuel). Just going low carb isn't enough and will, most likely, put you in a weakened state.

We'd all be better off getting rid of oats and other shit carbs, like quinoa, too. Vegetable and berries are enough. Once I made the switch to +/- 20%P, 65%F, and 15%C, the weight fell off without even trying. I eat more calories now than I have in the past few years and the BF is probably lower than it was when I was in the Army nearly 30 years ago.
What do you recommend for fats? I eat a lot of nuts and nut butter. I also eat avocados.

Sakuraba39

The guys I follow (Vinnie Tortorich, Ivor Cummings, Ted Naiman - they're all on twitter, BTW) don't advocate nut butters (too easy to over eat), but walnuts and macadamia nuts are tops, avocados and avocado oil (first cold pressed and unprocessed), olives and olive oil (California Olive Ranch - the only widely available oil that passed the UC- Davis study), beef, sardines, salmon (cold water), kippers, coconut oil (first cold pressed and unprocessed), ground flax seed, hard cheeses, 100% cacao, fish oil (molecularly distilled), sour cream (as much fat as possible), full fat yogurt, ....that's what's always in my house. I'm sure there are more and others choices, but that's what I like and eat regularly.

TBH, however, I do keep natural peanut butter around for when I get a sugar craving...I put a little on the cacao and it's about as close as I can get to peanutbutter cups and still be healthful :)

Sakuraba39

I'm in a rush and can't say much else now, but ...you can't serve both masters on this "diet". Fat has to be primary. Trying to compromise and serve both carbs and fat will get most people more BF. There are quite a few people on this board that will excel no matter what they eat, but for the rest of us (80% +/-) we have to be judicious with carbs, especially as we age.

Nashtide

The guys I follow (Vinnie Tortorich, Ivor Cummings, Ted Naiman - they're all on twitter, BTW) don't advocate nut butters (too easy to over eat), but walnuts and macadamia nuts are tops, avocados and avocado oil (first cold pressed and unprocessed), olives and olive oil (California Olive Ranch - the only widely available oil that passed the UC- Davis study), beef, sardines, salmon (cold water), kippers, coconut oil (first cold pressed and unprocessed), ground flax seed, hard cheeses, 100% cacao, fish oil (molecularly distilled), sour cream (as much fat as possible), full fat yogurt, ....that's what's always in my house. I'm sure there are more and others choices, but that's what I like and eat regularly.

TBH, however, I do keep natural peanut butter around for when I get a sugar craving...I put a little on the cacao and it's about as close as I can get to peanutbutter cups and still be healthful :)
Thanks. I forgot to mention I make my own full fat kefir and drink some every day. I don't overdo nut butter. I put about a tbs in my morning smoothie. I'm not disciplined enough to cut out all carbs. I have some fruit in my breakfast smoothie. I eat oats a few times per week and have bread, pasta and all kinds of potatoes during the week. I don't ever eat junk food or fast food. My lipid profile is great and my bf is in the high teens. I'm 56 years old btw.

Or here’s a crazy idea guys!! DONT AVOID A SPECIFIC MACRO!! Hey min of 1g protein per lbs of body weight unless ur obese then shoot for lean body mass. About 0.4g of fats per lbs of body weight and fill rest with carbs. Very simple. You need carbs to work through gruesome workouts otherwise it’s hard to push. Don’t Avoid fats or carbs u need both.

Saul

Everyone is different. What works for you might not work for others. Some foods make me feel terrible but others eat the same foods and have no issues. It is good to try different things and see what suits your body best. I think we all agree that fast food, processed food, and sugar are best avoided.

Vince

Super Moderator
Or here’s a crazy idea guys!! DONT AVOID A SPECIFIC MACRO!! Hey min of 1g protein per lbs of body weight unless ur obese then shoot for lean body mass. About 0.4g of fats per lbs of body weight and fill rest with carbs. Very simple. You need carbs to work through gruesome workouts otherwise it’s hard to push. Don’t Avoid fats or carbs u need both.

Have you ever tried bullet coffee before of workout or even just some MCT oil.

I don’t drink coffee and never used artificial stimulants. The point I tried to make is that a Keto or low carb diet is not sustainable for life. I don’t believe in cutting out an entire macro group, it’s honestly unnecessary.

Vince

Super Moderator
I don't drink coffee and never used artificial stimulants. The point I tried to make is that a Keto or low carb diet is not sustainable for life. I don't believe in cutting out an entire macro group, it's honestly unnecessary.

You need to study how are your genes actually developed, then I would think you would know going to a low-carb lifestyle is the right way of eating for everyone.

viktor

bueno yo en lo personal elimino los carbuidratos completamente hasta solo un dia a la semana , solo como proteinas sin sal y ensalada , pollo , carne o pescado .

Vince

Super Moderator
bueno yo en lo personal elimino los carbuidratos completamente hasta solo un dia a la semana , solo como proteinas sin sal y ensalada , pollo , carne o pescado .

I really believe that going low-carb needs to be everyday, it takes me two weeks to actually clear the bad carbs out of my system.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me