finally got DR to prescribe Armour Thyroid but only 15mgs

Buy Lab Tests Online

BillyJ03z

I have felt that I have been HYPO for a long time as I have all the tell tale symptoms (dry skin, fatigue, dry-thinning hair, cracked feet, fatigue, metabolism, etc..) I finally convinced my Dr. to prescribe Thyroid (Armour) but she only is giving me 15mgs of Armour/NDT per day... WTF???? I think that this dosage is problematic and will cause more problems...

Any thoughts?

my recent thyroid panel...

TSH 3.215
total t4- 6.50 (4.50-12.50)
free t4- 0.76 (0.60-1.77)
free t3- 3.7 (2.0-4.4)
total t3- 111 (70-180)
SHBG- 14 (13.3-89.5)

*According to STTP site- Low range FT4 and High range FT3 means the body is working like crazy to convert FT4 to FT3 which = HYPO

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Yeah, that's on a 1/4 grain. Seriously, iodine & selenium supplementation would be a better protocol than 1/4 grain. Also, Armour hasn't been the same since Activas acquisition a few years back. Might be better to get with a physician that knows a little more on the subject, plus most clinics will have other options for compounded NDT.

FYI, your FT4 is at the bottom of the Reference Range, your FT3 is way up at 70.8% of Reference Range; suggesting pooling might be evident. We really need a Reverse T3 lab in the mix to see the serum level and to compare FT3/RT3 ratio. If you're pooling then thyroid treatment is just going to be problematic and non-productive. The whole point is to get adequate FT3 distributed to the cells. If it's pooling then it's not getting to the cells, and administering thyroid medication is just adding fuel to the fire.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
*According to STTP site- Low range FT4 and High range FT3 means the body is working like crazy to convert FT4 to FT3 which = HYPO

Or it means that T4 is converting excessively to RT3, because of other variables like cortisol, iron, D3 & electrolyte imbalances, and or sickness, injury, and situations where the body is needing to conserve energy.

BillyJ03z

I did have RT3 tested about 7 to 8 yrs ago and my ratio was something like 15 or 16... I know the ratio ideally needs to be above 20....

I will not start the Armour/NDT and try to get my dr to test RT3 on next blood draw...

I have been dealing with elevated Estrogen issues relating to my low SHBG since I have been on TRT for the past 9 plus years.. I have researched on Excel and read other sites where it states that elevated Estrogen can interfere with Thyroid hormones/conversion, etc.... and due to my low SHBG I am more sensitive to E2 effects and need to have E2 lower than someone with normal SHBG.

Recently (past 4 wks) I have been on .25mg adex 3x wk and lowered my test cyp from 200mg to 120mgs per wk.. (40mg 3x pr wk).....

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me