HCG dosage for fertility

Buy Lab Tests Online

galaxy

Hi all,

I'm about to start TRT with Androgel 1.62% and was prescribed HCG 2x/week at 500 IU each dose to maintain fertility. Is this enough? The sticky mentions a study done by a doctor in Houston that prescribed 500 IU every other day.

Also would there be any difference in taking the 1,000 IU weekly total spread over 2, 3, or 4x/week? I just saw a thread where someone mentioned HCG caused some issues for them and upon stopping they felt better. I'm guessing this has to do with the slight uptick in E2?? If so would spreading the dosage out help? Given I'm in my early 30s and want to retain my fertility I'd like to find an optimum balance.

Also just curious as to what people are paying for HCG want to get an appropriate benchmark

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
5000iu should run you $40, 11000 about $70 thats from some of the compounders like Empower and Hallandale. I think 500iu 2XW would be sufficient, upper limit use in TRT would be 500iu 3XW. Then you get in to HCG monotherapy dosing is a quite a bit higher, for some reason. You're right, some guys don't tolerate HCG well for a variety of reasons and E can be one of them. You'll just have to start and judge your tolerance for it and adjust accordingly. Vince is spot on if fertility is a major concern you might think about a baseline sperm testing to see where you're at.

galaxy

Great thanks guys. I did have a baseline test done and came back strong. Planning on also banking as an insurance policy.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Hi all,

I'm about to start TRT with Androgel 1.62% and was prescribed HCG 2x/week at 500 IU each dose to maintain fertility. Is this enough? The sticky mentions a study done by a doctor in Houston that prescribed 500 IU every other day.

Also would there be any difference in taking the 1,000 IU weekly total spread over 2, 3, or 4x/week? I just saw a thread where someone mentioned HCG caused some issues for them and upon stopping they felt better. I'm guessing this has to do with the slight uptick in E2?? If so would spreading the dosage out help? Given I'm in my early 30s and want to retain my fertility I'd like to find an optimum balance.

Also just curious as to what people are paying for HCG want to get an appropriate benchmark

Thanks

The only data we have is a protocol using T gels or injections and 500 IU hCG three times per week (from Dr Lipshultz' group at Baylor in Houston). I would get a sperm count before starting and then 4 months later to make sure sperm is OK. If not, I would switch to 25 mg every day of Clomid. Retest again after 90 days. If that fails, then FSH+Clomid

Watch this lecture I gave on HCG:

galaxy

Thanks Nelson. Really appreciate all the work you've put in on this site and elsewhere.

As an FYI I went on 25mg of Clomid two different times and had my Total T go to 610 from 300, Free T: 18.3 from 8.5 and Estradiol-sensitive at 44.6 and didn't feel any difference in my fatigue (i'm not presenting any other symptoms ED, anxiety.....). That's why I'm moving to TRT. My Docs are doubtful though that the TRT will help given the Clomid raised my Total T and that I saw no relief. Will see. Interesting though that both my endo and urologist were convinced that the Clomid Stim means its not a Low T issue. It was my understanding that many men go on low dose clomid and see the jump in Total T, but no symptom relief.

As an aside the pharmacy is saying 10,000 IU of HCG Pregnyl will cost $100 based on on Vince Carter's numbers that seems a bit high but not too far off.

galaxy

After doing some more digging on the forum I see that many other members are on 3x/week or EOD HCG protocols is there any downside to doing the 2x/week HCG protocol @ 500 IUs per the urologists order or should I go with 3x/week (both protocols would be for a weekly total 1,000 IU)

I plan on testing my sperm count in 4 months time to measure the efficacy of the 1,000 IU/week dosage. If it turns out it's decreased, then as Nelson has pointed out I will increase it to 1,500 IU/week.

HealthMan

The single dosage amount is important not only the total weekly. For example. With 1000IU a week divided in 2 injections vs 3 injections a week my sperm count dropped from low (2-3 million per ml) to zero. You need certain amount of estimulation for fertility purposes. You need magnitude not only continuous estimulation if that makes sense.

JMP

Galaxy, the Pregnyl is a name brand drug, while VC was relaying prices from a compounding pharmacy. I have heard that the pregnyl works better than the compounded stuff but have no proof or personal experience using both only the compounded HCG. As far as Clomid raising numbers but not helping symptoms, that is very common. Happened to me when I tried Clomid as well. Now on TRT, I can tell you that there is a big difference and numbers somehow can't tell the story. The fact that the Docs are "doubtful" you'll get results tells me that they don't have a lot of experience in the field. Many many stories on the board about Clomid not being effective but TRT is effective.

galaxy

Great thanks for the info HealthMan. I'll keep it to 500 IU twice a week.

Ah ok thanks JMP, I guess I'll stick with the Pregnyl for now then. Re the Clomid, that was my understanding having read many of the forum postings, but was still surprised by their conclusions. I'll let everyone know how it goes in 3-4 months times.

Thanks for you guys help

akamossad

Hi All,

I am about to start taking TRT with androgel 1.62% prescribed with HCG 1000 IU to maintain fertility. Any advice on known interactions and side effects. Given am i my early 40s and want to retain my fertility I woul like to find a good balance without any severe side effects to me.

Thanks

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching