Is TRT for Optimal Results worth it?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Excellent

I'm 40

Originally had Low-T (Work Stress, HBP, both of which have been handled now)

Prescribed HCG, Finasteride, Anastrozole, DHEA (current regimen)

Now, T is at acceptable levels

Dr. Recommends adding T (Cyp) to optimize levels

My concerns are for the side effects of T:

Fertility, Hair Loss, Blood Pressure, Natural T Production, Having to stay on T for life

If I'm at acceptable levels with HCG (and above) is it worth adding T for optimal results?

If the side effects (and above) can be mitigated/minimized then I'm not against it.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Excellent

If everything is going good, there's no reason to change. I know hair is important but make sure the dangers of Finasteride.

Yes, that's what I was thinking ... wanted to save T Cyp for if/when things weren't ok. I've been on Finasteride for 4-5 months with no issue but will keep an eye. Thanks again.

Systemlord

I'm not having any symptoms, everything is going well ...

Total Test - 400

You don't have any symptoms right now, that could change in the future as it has with many. I've heard countless stories of months, years later men losing their erection strength out of the blue, by then the damage could be done. The 400 is far from acceptable when you consider the study below.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27843074

Excellent

You don't have any symptoms right now, that could change in the future as it has with many. I've heard countless stories of months, years later men losing their erection strength out of the blue, by then the damage could be done. The 400 is far from acceptable when you consider the study below.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27843074

So you feel that going on T to produce optimal levels are worth the side effects (mentioned in first post) to counteract Cardiovascular Risk?

I hear once you're on it, you've got to stay on it for life.

Saul

If everything is going good, there's no reason to change. I know hair is important but make sure the dangers of Finasteride.

Agreed. If you are feeling good at your current T level, no reason to change. Many men feel good at various T levels.

Consider that hair loss is genetic far more than hormonal and you really should read about post-finasteride syndrome. I'd dump that stuff if I were you but as long as youre well informed on the dangers associated with it, then that's your choice.

Saul

To the OP, it is easy for me to say because I have more hair than I need or want, but personally, I would shave my head before taking drugs to address it. Look at Vin Deisal, the Rock, and others. Kinda a cool look.

CoastWatcher

Testosterone restored my life. I'm 20 years older than you are, but if I had felt as I did at 56 when I was your age, but (of course), I did not, I would not have hesitated to commit to a life-time protocol. Many people maintain a daily medical regimen; I look at it as a cost of growing older. But the fact that you are hesitating, wondering, suggests to me that you're not in need of what TRT can provide. I suggest you wait.

I also suggest, as many others have, that you take no more finasteride. At the very least, become fully informed as to the potential risk of continuing with it.

Last edited:

RLW

There is no way for anyone to know what's best for you because you say you feel good. I will say that my last two T numbers were 490 and 470 before I went on Testosterone. I decided to go on because I wasn't able to recover from exercise and my numbers had been dropping for a couple years. Other than that I thought I felt great. After 9 months on testosterone I now realize that I didn't feel great before. It is a commitment but doing it for life at this point seems easy because the difference is night and day. I started at 39 so similar age to you.

I'm not saying you should start taking testosterone, but you should take a really good look at how you actually feel.

Also, you should feel fortunate that you have a doctor that's not OK with you having a testosterone level of 400.

Excellent

There is no way for anyone to know what's best for you because you say you feel good. I will say that my last two T numbers were 490 and 470 before I went on Testosterone. I decided to go on because I wasn't able to recover from exercise and my numbers had been dropping for a couple years. Other than that I thought I felt great. After 9 months on testosterone I now realize that I didn't feel great before. It is a commitment but doing it for life at this point seems easy because the difference is night and day. I started at 39 so similar age to you.

I'm not saying you should start taking testosterone, but you should take a really good look at how you actually feel.

Also, you should feel fortunate that you have a doctor that's not OK with you having a testosterone level of 400.

Yeah he seems legit, and wants me at optimal levels ... I wonder if he's not as informed about Finasteride ... I've been on it for 4-5 months now and no problems ... I'll need to do more research and bring that to his attention. I have no hair loss, nor genetic predisposition, nor any of the side effects mentioned.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

Systemlord

So you feel that going on T to produce optimal levels are worth the side effects (mentioned in first post) to counteract Cardiovascular Risk?

I hear once you're on it, you've got to stay on it for life.

Side effects are experience for one simple reason, working with an incompetent doctor. It's not just to counteract CVD, but also heart diseases, dementia and alzheimer's from spending decades with low hormone levels.

RLW

I would rather be bald than take Finasteride. If you decide to go on Testosterone you could always see what your doctor is thinking and then do some research. I see you take anastrszole and I would be suspicious of that unless you have labs and symptoms that suggest a need.

Henry

I was at 290 and 277 and felt just fine. I was working out and deadlifting 495lbs. I had an insatiable libido and no erection or sexual problems at all. Blood work was great. I felt fine. So, why did I jump on T? I read about the dangers of low T and decided to head trouble off at the past. Why wait for the problems to arise?

After a few weeks to several months, I noticed the difference. Now, my erections were harder, they weren't bad before, but they were better now. Morning erections were more regular. The biggest difference, believe it or not, was attitude. I was more confident, more Alpha. At the same time, I was calmer, cooler. I had a different presence now and coworkers, family and friends noticed it. In the gym, I'm able to take weeks off and mot lose as much strength as before. I would take a month off and lose 50lbs in my squat. Now, I'll take a month off and only lose 10lbs.

The changes from low T were gradual. Gradual enough that I didn't notice. It wasn't until I got my T levels up, did I feel the difference and others noticed it.

Excellent

Aside from Total Testosterone, what should be scrutinized highly with this regimen?

Free T, SHBG, LH and FSH, Hematocrit, Estradial

Systemlord

Aside from Total Testosterone, what should be scrutinized highly with this regimen?

Free T, SHBG, LH and FSH, Hematocrit, Estradiol

Your SHBG level will tell how well you hold on to your testosterone, SHBG releases a small percentage of your bound testosterone in the form of free T. Free T is to free hormone that does all the good stuff, like building muscle and providing your body with the hormones it needs to fuel your body.

The problem with measuring FT directly is the short half life of a hour or less, an hour later it can be low do to the short pulses released by the body. To get accurate FT levels we calculate our TT and SHBG to get our FT scores using a SHBG a calculator.

Your estradiol is a big one, it will largely determine how well you feel mentally whenther on TRT or not. It's used for joints and bone health and is needed for you brain function.

Your LH is secreted by the pituitary gland and picked up by the testicles to produce testosterone, if low T will also be low, however if above ranges will mean testicles are damaged and this would mean you're primary
hypogonadism.

FSH is one of the reproductive hormone mainly responsible for sperm production. Hematocrit is the volume of red blood cells to the total volume of blood, sometimes when testosterone is low, red blood cell count can be low. If this is the cause high blood pressure and increased heart rate can be a direct result.

Last edited:

Virginian

I'm not having any symptoms, everything is going well ...

Total Test - 400

If you are feeling OK, then don't go on TRT. TRT means injections for life and having to be carefully monitored to minimize side effects.

That said, I am on TRT and i love it. But I started at 70 and am now 75. For me, injecting for life is not not as long a time. And loss of fertility is not an issue.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me