can fish oil cause testicle pain

Buy Lab Tests Online

buggies100

I have pain in left testicle, I assume epididymitis as I have had that a few times over the last 20 years. Seems that the epididmytis is a bit swollen. No fever nor redness. I started a regimen of Cipro as Ijust assumed this is the cause. However, I just saw a post that stated over 2g of fish oil caused the OP to have left testicle pain. I take 4g per day. Started about 3 months ago.
I have never heard this before. Anybody else experience this? I will drop the fish oil off to see what happens.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I have been taking 4000mgs of Omega 3 fish oil since Jun1017 with no pain in testis.
The only time I have had sharp pains there was when on T mono with no HCG from Dec 2016 to Jun2017.
While watching TV I would get sharp stabing feeling in my nut sack. Could not really tell which ball.

On the plus side Omega 3 fish oil as been wonderful for my general old man joint pain and arthritis in my hands.
It may also play a big roll in my old man crepey skin going away.

madman

Super Moderator
I have pain in left testicle, I assume epididymitis as I have had that a few times over the last 20 years. Seems that the epididmytis is a bit swollen. No fever nor redness. I started a regimen of Cipro as Ijust assumed this is the cause. However, I just saw a post that stated over 2g of fish oil caused the OP to have left testicle pain. I take 4g per day. Started about 3 months ago.
I have never heard this before. Anybody else experience this? I will drop the fish oil off to see what happens.

Omega 3s dha/epa are anti-inflammatory, highly doubtful fish oil would cause testicular pain.

buggies100

Thanks guys. I do not think thwt ks my issue either, im sure it is epididmytis, i have had this a couple times before over last 20 years. Just saw it mentioned on a thread and thought i would ask

stevep

how much fish oil are you guys taking?

I take 2400 mg (2 capsules total) daily and still have joint aches from working out some days. No testicle pain

madman

Super Moderator

I take 2400 mg (2 capsules total) daily and still have joint aches from working out some days. No testicle pain

I take 1 tbsp of cod liver oil daily which is roughly 3 grams of dha/epa combined and some vitamin A/D.

Are you sure it is aching of the joints and not your tendons as some times it can feel as if pain is coming from the joints when in fact it turns out to be inflammation of the tendons from repetitive lifting/heavy weights.

stevep

I take 1 tbsp of cod liver oil daily which is roughly 3 grams of dha/epa combined and some vitamin A/D.

Are you sure it is aching of the joints and not your tendons as some times it can feel as if pain is coming from the joints when in fact it turns out to be inflammation of the tendons from repetitive lifting/heavy weights.

It very well could be my tendons. I know if I lay off weights for a few days it will pass.

I take 2 teaspoons, see below, every day at breakfast. My doc recommended 3000-4000 daily along with a 120mg CoQ10 and for once I can feel these supplements working.

Ybarra

Guys, you know it's sensitive. How much oil are you using? Is there any side effect? I'm also suffering from it. Please, anybody, share your experience.

If I go higher than 2g / day of fish oils, for example, if I go on 6-8g / day for a couple of weeks, I know I will have a very strong pain in my left testicle. My reasoning for this is as follows:
1) I have a third grade varicocele on that testicle, therefore that one hurts, the other one (right) doesn't
2) Fish oils make your blood thinner or more "slippery", if you have a varicocele and the blood is thinner because you are going heavy with the fish oil, the reflux can only be greater, meaning the blood that should go back to the heart falls down harder on the testicle instead, explaining the pain.
3) If I don't go too heavy with the fish oils, the pain is bearable and most of the time I don't notice too much.

I will soon have varicocele microsurgery and hope to be able to use 6-8g of fish oils daily without pain shortly after, as this is important for a lot of health benefits and improving cholesterol numbers, joint health, etc.

In short:
Yes, Fish oils / Omega 3 can cause testicular pain IF you have a varicocele. In those cases, if you use large doses the testicle with the varicocele will likely hurt, it may take a couple of weeks for the pain to become too much to withstand.

Btw, there is some evidence of 100-150ng/dl Testosterone increases after varicocele surgery, I'll keep you guys updated :)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me