Female blood work

Buy Lab Tests Online

Amberlin

Thank you very much for taking so much time to help me walk through this journey. I am really glad to hear your side effects went away. I'll look forward to that day! Defy told me (several times) this journey takes time. I've already put in nearly 3 weeks & prior to this leg of the journey, a lot more time trying (and failing) with eat more, eat less, experience more/less, drink more/less water, take more/less supplements. I am very frustrated & just looking for some feedback from folks that there is light at some point in the tunnel. Thank you again for all your wisdom.

Noting again that it has only been just shy of 3 weeks for me, I just commented to my husband that I felt like my skin & hair are softer & that the fine lines in my face are disappearing. The latter could be due to edema though. I can't wait for that to subside. No one wants to try something new & look/feel worse afterward. It is a very discouraging feeling.

I have an appt Thurs to have blood work done testing my thyroid levels. It will be interesting to see the results from that. I am a poor patient as I am impatient. I have noticed my emotional levels are a little better. No more crying over puppy videos. Thank goodness!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Amberlin, take a deep breath, it can take lots of time to really get things dialed in! There are some good books along the way, one being The Natural Superwoman from Dr. Uzzi Reiss, several from Suzanne Somers, and a fairly new edition of Stop The Thyroid Madness is a GREAT book, and there's also a STTM II book out now, written by various medical professionals, I'm looking to get my hands on that particular one.

IMO, on your testosterone dosage, .20ml/wk 'might' be a bit high out of the gate. That's 40mg if you're cypionate is 200mg/ml (?) .. most of the time it usually is. That's not to say I'm right, or wrong, just speaking from "others" experiences over the last 8 or so years of getting involved with the endocrine & well being communities. I've read some excellent sustained BHRT protocols with women achieving an excellent well being in the 12mg to 20mg/wk range of testosterone, but again, other variables are also factored in, i.e., thyroid, adrenals, estrogen/progesterone balance, GABA, iron/ferritin, D3, and other areas to achieve wellness. I think you eluded to it in prior posts, it is always better to start small and titrate to an optimal level.

On the water retention, you also eluded to drinking more water. I don't know how much your intake is and how often (?), but IMO ramping up water intake can be very helpful to combat retention, call it fighting fire with fire.

On thyroid labs, please make sure to also add the Reverse T3. It will be helpful not only seeing the total serum, but also checking the RT3/FT3 ratio. I don't see any iron or ferritin labs, and I can only stress that including these labs (Iron, TIBC, & Ferritin) is not only a must when assessing health & thyroid productivity, especially knowing there are some cycle discrepancies and/or peri-meno symptoms. My wife still fights this side of it, even with quite of bit of elemental iron intake.

Another essential component in the overall picture is Vitamin D in conjunction with calcium. It's one area that can get on track real quick, 2,000iu to 5,000iu day (or doctor prescribed Drisdol if major deficiency), and the benefits start kicking in, you don't have to put much thought into it thereafter ... https://stopthethyroidmadness.com/vitamin-d/

For now, I know it's a lot on the plate, so don't feel you have to conquer everything at once. You hit it on the head that the endocrine system is like one big spiderweb! It's like anything, if you spend adequate time understanding the pathways and how they interact, navigating it becomes a bit easier, and it starts making sense how "x" is correlated to "y".

Here's a few links that you might like with regards to the adrenals and thyroid. Note, the Stopthethyroidmadness link above for D3 has TONS of excellent information. You can get lost in it if you like that sort of thing LOL

http://www.becomehealthynow.com/pdf...techs/lab_test_examples/asi_sample_report.pdf
http://denvernaturopathic.com/thyroidprotocol_000.htm
http://www.tiredthyroid.com/

Amberlin

Hello Vettester! Thank you for the reading list. I have read a bit about him online as his name came up when I researching menopause. He is located quite south of me but within the same state.

You mention my current dose may be high. Here is where I'm at: I took the medication Monday morning. Tuesday I left like a blow fish. Wed (today) I feel fine & I am due for another dose tomorrow pm. That seems to be standard reaction every dose. My initial prescription directions were as follows: take .05ml 2xs per week for the fist 2 weeks. Increase to .1 2xs per week after that. I am feeling better today (very little edema) & almost not looking forward to my dose tomorrow. What do you suggest for the next dose? Keep it at the level it is to see if what I'm feeling is normal for that dose or should I decrease back to .05 to see if that dose is more acceptable to my body? Your opinion is appreciated. I know a lot of this path I'm walking will be trial & error & I am thankful for insight from those who know more than I do at this point.

I have my blood test scheduled tomorrow (Thursday) morning. The panel includes RT3. With regard to Vit-D, I tan in a bed during the cold months & outside once it's warmer. Does that form of Vit-D intake play a positive role in my overall intake?

Thank you for providing a few informative links. I'll say good-bye (for now) & begin reading those. Thank you again. Your input is really appreciated. I am overwhelmed as this area is very new to me & I'm puffy. Not a terribly desirable trait ;)

Hi Amberlin,
I also keep a year round tan and use a stand up bed 8-10 minutes 4 times a week. I have been told the beds don't really boost your Vit-D not sure why.

On your dose. There is a saying around here I am not sure who coined it first but it is "low and slow" when finding your proper dose.
Since you have a blood draw Thursday don't do your Thursday shot until after your visit to LabCorp. The theory is you want to know your trough or lowest T lvl.

hth

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Hi Amberlin, I can't really tell you what your dosage protocol should be, BUT, going on my wife's history, and others, drawing .04 to .06 of medication and injecting 2x per week could be the ticket!! Keep in mind other variables to achieve proper wellness, like iron, calcium, GABA, thyroid, and adrenal balance (DHEA which will also have androgenic conversion).

Also, on the next round of hormonal labs, talk to your doctor about running everything during the luteal phase, approx. 20 to 21 days in the cycle. There tends to be a better gauge/assessment of E1, E2, E3, -ratio- progesterone, especially when cycle imbalances or peri-pre menopausal symptoms are evident.

To make it easier there are 1/2cc insulin syringes that can make the visual process of drawing the lower amounts very consistent. I don't know if you inject SubQ or not (?), but IMO that's the way to go. My wife has also stacked some B12 methyl along the way to make better use of that syringe.

Even with the tanning beds, Vitamin D can be in the tank. Just run a serum lab and you will know. Don't be surprised if you're in the 20's or 30's ... 60 to 80 would be ideal, and again there's just a host of things that benefit when Vitamin D is right! Crazy enough, it's actually a hormone as well.

Regarding Dr. Reiss, his books are great (a little bit outdated for some of the current therapies, but spot-on for information & overview), but I've read some crazy stories & reviews from patients who actually visited with him on office appointments.

Amberlin

Great news! I reduced my dose from .1 back down to my starting dose of .05 & no edema! This is the first time is a couple weeks I've felt normal. Success! I've started Optimox brand iodine 12.5mg & have experienced no side effects other than I think I feel a little increase in energy.

I'm still waiting on my estradiol labs to reveal results. I will post them as I get them. Thanks again Vettester.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Great news! I reduced my dose from .1 back down to my starting dose of .05 & no edema! This is the first time is a couple weeks I've felt normal. Success! I've started Optimox brand iodine 12.5mg & have experienced no side effects other than I think I feel a little increase in energy.

I'm still waiting on my estradiol labs to reveal results. I will post them as I get them. Thanks again Vettester.

Awesome!! Keep us posted on how it continues to go ... Good deal with the iodine! If you haven't been taking iodine, don't be alarmed if you feel a little warm sensation. Many years back, my TSH lowered almost 2 points just on iodine and a little selenium.

Keep pluggin at it Amberlin!

Hi Amberlin,

My name is Allison and I am a nurse practitioner from Scottsdale, Arizona and Nelson directed me to this thread. :eek:

In my practice, when starting a pre/peri-menopausal woman on Testosterone therapy, I will proactively prescribe Progesterone in order to balance the anticipated rise of Estradiol that will occur due to aromatization of the Testosterone and prevent those bothersome "estrogen dominance" symptoms (moodiness/irritability, water retention, nipple sensitivity, breast tenderness/fullness, etc.). Have you been prescribed Progesterone? Another option would be to take a supplement containing DIM and calcium D-glucarate (such as DIM Detox from Pure Encapsulations), which will help with healthy Estrogen metabolism and elimination but you will still likely need to take a Progesterone regardless of your baseline Progesterone level. Also, be sure to always have labs drawn on day 19-21 of your menstrual cycle (day 1 is the first day of your period).

I hope this information was helpful and please keep us posted about how you are feeling!

Sincerely,

Allison Woodworth, RN, MSN, FNP-C

Hello Vettester! Thank you for the reading list. I have read a bit about him online as his name came up when I researching menopause. He is located quite south of me but within the same state.

You mention my current dose may be high. Here is where I'm at: I took the medication Monday morning. Tuesday I left like a blow fish. Wed (today) I feel fine & I am due for another dose tomorrow pm. That seems to be standard reaction every dose. My initial prescription directions were as follows: take .05ml 2xs per week for the fist 2 weeks. Increase to .1 2xs per week after that. I am feeling better today (very little edema) & almost not looking forward to my dose tomorrow. What do you suggest for the next dose? Keep it at the level it is to see if what I'm feeling is normal for that dose or should I decrease back to .05 to see if that dose is more acceptable to my body? Your opinion is appreciated. I know a lot of this path I'm walking will be trial & error & I am thankful for insight from those who know more than I do at this point.

I have my blood test scheduled tomorrow (Thursday) morning. The panel includes RT3. With regard to Vit-D, I tan in a bed during the cold months & outside once it's warmer. Does that form of Vit-D intake play a positive role in my overall intake?

Thank you for providing a few informative links. I'll say good-bye (for now) & begin reading those. Thank you again. Your input is really appreciated. I am overwhelmed as this area is very new to me & I'm puffy. Not a terribly desirable trait ;)

Amberlin

Hi Amberlin,

My name is Allison and I am a nurse practitioner from Scottsdale, Arizona and Nelson directed me to this thread. :eek:

In my practice, when starting a pre/peri-menopausal woman on Testosterone therapy, I will proactively prescribe Progesterone in order to balance the anticipated rise of Estradiol that will occur due to aromatization of the Testosterone and prevent those bothersome "estrogen dominance" symptoms (moodiness/irritability, water retention, nipple sensitivity, breast tenderness/fullness, etc.). Have you been prescribed Progesterone? Another option would be to take a supplement containing DIM and calcium D-glucarate (such as DIM Detox from Pure Encapsulations), which will help with healthy Estrogen metabolism and elimination but you will still likely need to take a Progesterone regardless of your baseline Progesterone level. Also, be sure to always have labs drawn on day 19-21 of your menstrual cycle (day 1 is the first day of your period).

I hope this information was helpful and please keep us posted about how you are feeling!

Sincerely,

Allison Woodworth, RN, MSN, FNP-C

Hi Allison. Thank you for your input. While I appreciate your perspective, I can't believe that proactively prescribing progesterone is a good idea without first establishing a baseline. Your comment, "you will still likely need to take a Progesterone regardless of your baseline", is concerning because what if the patient wasn't deficient? I can't imagine too much of a good thing remains a good thing especially when we are speaking of hormones. I think when starting anyone, especially those who are sensitive to hormones (or external substances such as lactose, gluten, etc.), on a new hormone replacement therapy, beginning with 1 product vs 2 or more can prove beneficial as we can more easily rule out the cause should there beside effects. In my case, I was simply taking too much testosterone, to which the negative side effects were easily corrected by decreasing the dose. Had I been taking both T & progesterone, I would have become more frustrated than I was as neither I or my doctor would have known the exact cause of the side effects. In my case, I had take both T & progesterone as a compound cream prior to my current therapy & had numerous, negative side effects. Had I taken the progesterone again along with the T, I would have stopped both medications not knowing the root cause, regaining all frustration, again losing all hope that hormone therapy could help me. In my case, taking one medication was the best thing I did because the T at a low dose is working. Due to aromatization caused by an the increased dose of T, I gained edema & nipple soreness/itching, all of which have subsided since simply decreasing the dose. I can't advocate for anyone taking more hormone than we need & without 1st establishing baseline.

In compound creams especially the problem is the delivery system. What's the root problem? Is it the T? The progesterone? Or is it the delivery system? For me, compound cream is a "Dirty" delivery system & injections seem to be the way to go. Upon ample research, many men & women report the same side effects in using creams. Are you aware of the very simple, very prevalent side effect progesterone causes? Weight gain along with a very round "moon" face. Progesterone is one of the main hormones women produce when pregnant. In fact, when a women is pregnant, she will produce more progesterone during that time than she will her entire life. That's why so many women swell/puff up. Women & men need to know this! Research people! Don't expect one source to be "the one". Do your own due diligence & tap as many resources as possible because no one will ever know your body as well as you do.

In regard to DIM, please first look into the effects of the supplement. Some people swear by it where others do not. In my research, there is evidence the product is causing cancer in trout.

Lab time table test window is accurate & helpful information for women. We should all know what each phase means & when it is. Knowing the best time to test & testing during the optimal window is helpful in giving the doctors the most accurate information & keeps us in control of our bodies. We should always get a copy of our blood work & review the results to gain knowledge about our own levels.

Thanks again for commenting. It's good to hear other perspectives.

Hi Amberlin,
Did the doctor that gave you the T cyp not do a baseline blood test? Or are you talking about doing a second blood test just on T then seeing where the three biggest are T/E2/P then supplementing if needed. I believe there is a ratio of the three the HRT doc's are shooting for but I have no clue what those values are.

We (me and my wife) hope to find out on her second consult. Her numbers came back very screwy T188 range 3-41/ Free T 3.8 range 0-4.2/ E2 6.1 / Prog 0.5

Amberlin

FeelingLost,
Yes, Defy gave me a baseline test. If you're asking about my waiting on the other blood test to come back, I am waiting on my thyroid levels to come back. It appeared to be at the high end of the range but as we know, sometimes the ranges aren't accurate as is the case with testosterone. My doctor has told both my husband & I for years that our levels were "Within range" but my level at 4 is pretty low on the range (range for women should be between 40-50) My husband's level is around 600 but his Free T level was around 8.9 so that too was obviously very low. His SHBG level was 70+

Your wife's T level sounds high because her progesterone & estrogen are both very low. She probably doesn't feel right & the numbers would reflect that. I do caution against using those hormones through use of a compound cream only because of my own ill side effects via the delivery system. She should report any immediately so they can be addressed. The ratio is about 10:1 so if her estradiol level is 50, then her progesterone level should be at least 5. The ratio is only for serum testing. Test time is really important especially for those tests as hormone levels fluctuate for men & women but fluctuate more so for women & even more during certain times of the month.

From the 1st day of her cycle, she counts up to 19-21 days. That window (19-21 days) is the optimal time to test progest/estradiol for the most accurate results which will give her doctor the best picture as to what they're looking at. In order for those numbers to come up, her T level needs to come down. Morning is the best time of day to test.

FeelingLost,
Yes, Defy gave me a baseline test. If you're asking about my waiting on the other blood test to come back, I am waiting on my thyroid levels to come back. It appeared to be at the high end of the range but as we know, sometimes the ranges aren't accurate as is the case with testosterone. My doctor has told both my husband & I for years that our levels were "Within range" but my level at 4 is pretty low on the range (range for women should be between 40-50) My husband's level is around 600 but his Free T level was around 8.9 so that too was obviously very low. His SHBG level was 70+

Your wife's T level sounds high because her progesterone & estrogen are both very low. She probably doesn't feel right & the numbers would reflect that. I do caution against using those hormones through use of a compound cream only because of my own ill side effects via the delivery system. She should report any immediately so they can be addressed. The ratio is about 10:1 so if her estradiol level is 50, then her progesterone level should be at least 5. The ratio is only for serum testing. Test time is really important especially for those tests as hormone levels fluctuate for men & women but fluctuate more so for women & even more during certain times of the month.

From the 1st day of her cycle, she counts up to 19-21 days. That window (19-21 days) is the optimal time to test progest/estradiol for the most accurate results which will give her doctor the best picture as to what they're looking at. In order for those numbers to come up, her T level needs to come down. Morning is the best time of day to test.
Don't you just hate it when your PCP lies about your number? Probably because they have no idea what to do. I just cringe when mine says you are normal with no explanation. Like we are too stupid to understand.

TT600/FT8.9/SHGB70 Oh my I'll be your husband is not feeling very energetic. All his T is getting bound up by the SHGB. Is he going to see if Defy can help him?

My wifes baseline was TT 8.0 / E2 <5.0 / P <0.1 She is postmenopausal so there are no cycles.

For about a week before we got the new blood tests back she was feeling a little testy, a bit argumentative. We thought it was the pressure from Tax time (we always owe) As soon as we saw the TT number she stopped the compounding cream for two days and started applying 2 clicks. Since the creams reach steady state is just a few days, as opposed to T cyps 40 days, it is very easy to raise or lower her lvl. We still have two weeks to go before our consult.

Amberlin

Agreed! After a couple years of my prodding my PCP for further explaination, he finally said "look, I'm not a specialist & the most I can tell you is your numbers look good to me. If you want more information, you need to find a specialist." My husband has been researching that side for me because there are only overpriced, under-rated "specialists" in our area. In a forum subtopic in an online group he's a member of, health topics are discussed. Initially he looked into another company for himself but didn't get a good feeling from the man he spoke with over the phone. Many members mentioned Defy which is where we both are now. He's already seeing results where I just needed to get dialed in. He's taking T & HCG & overall feels a lot better. We have both noticed his mood has improved. Recently he commented noticing he wanted to workout longer, a change from not wanting to workout at all. I'm feeling more like working out again too. I'll get back to it tomorrow (Monday).

Being self employed, I can relate to always owing. There has yet to be a time we walk out of the accountant's office thrilled we spent a ton of money & have nothing to show for it. I hope the cream helps balance her levels out. defy told me to be patient (always a note to self there) & that in time, the high levels would come down & the low levels would increase. I'm looking forward to the increase in energy. I'll say that just under a month of treatment already has yielded positive results. Since decreasing the dose, I no longer experience edema or nipple pain/itching. I am thankful because an option to alleviate those symptoms if decreasing the dose didn't work was progesterone cream. From past experience, the delivery system didnn't work well for me so I was not looking forward to another injectable. I can already see my abdomen is flattening back out. My afternoon energy level seems more linear & not dropping drastically like it was. My appetite seems more controlled as well. My thought is since my energy level is higher, my body doesn't think it needs food which equals fuel.

I've started taking iodine & selenium because my symptoms pointed to hypothyroid. In several studies simply taking 12.5mg with selenium (very important to combine the two), that alone kicks the thyroid back into gear. I feel good taking it. No side effects so I will continue & see how I feel in a couple months. Still waiting on my thyroid test results which should be in this week. I will post them once I know more. I wish your wife the best. I know how it feels to be off but not know the cause. Thankfully we have an honest team dedicated to finding solutions.

Amberlin

The results for my thyroid test came in. Beyond noticing my thyroid level at 2.7 seems high, I'm not sure how else to interpret the results. Input from those with experience is appreciated. Thanks!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me