How long after donating blood should you wait before doing labs?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DW1911

I just donated blood on the 16th of this month and would like to do a TRT follow up panel. Not sure how long after donating I should wait. I would ask my doctor but he does not do all the test needed.
Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DW1911

Thanks I really want to check my e2, it has not been checked for the 6 mounts I have been on trt and this last month I have started feeling bad. When I donated blood my Hemoglobin was 17.2

Thanks I really want to check my e2, it has not been checked for the 6 mounts I have been on trt and this last month I have started feeling bad. When I donated blood my Hemoglobin was 17.2

Are you feeling better after donating?
Did you by any chance check your blood pressure before and after donating?
For some when HCT get high blood pressure goes up.

DW1911

Are you feeling better after donating?
Did you by any chance check your blood pressure before and after donating?
For some when HCT get high blood pressure goes up.
The day after I felt great, felt strong at the gym. My BP was normal and my heart rate has gotten lower on trt around 53 bpm

The day after I felt great, felt strong at the gym. My BP was normal and my heart rate has gotten lower on trt around 53 bpm

Nice. I always feel good after donating. Never dizzy or light headed. My resting HR is 58 before trt it was 64. Since I live at altitude (6000ft) I am always worried about HCT(49 pre TRT) so I monitor my blood pressure for any clue my blood is thickening.

Vince

Super Moderator
When I was donating blood, I no longer need to. I just donated very 8 weeks and didn't care about lab timing. It probably wasn't the proper way to do it?

Just a note to save some money on blood tests if you donate blood frequently (every 2-3 months) don't bother testing A1C since it will be unnaturally low. The reason is freshly made blood will have no history and thin out the reading.

When I was donating blood, I no longer need to. I just donated very 8 weeks and didn't care about lab timing. It probably wasn't the proper way to do it?

I don't wait though I know they push this 2 weeks wait time. I can't figure out why waiting makes any difference.

DW1911

Just a note to save some money on blood tests if you donate blood frequently (every 2-3 months) don't bother testing A1C since it will be unnaturally low. The reason is freshly made blood will have no history and thin out the reading.

Thanks I am going to do the Discounted Labs TRT follow up panel. I have never had Estradiol and free T checked, doctor said it's not necessary:confused: I have been tired the past 3 or 4 weeks and nipples are itchy at times. Doc does listen to my concerns just hope to convince him to prescribe an AI if e2 is high.
Here are the tests
- Total and free testosterone (LC/MS assay. No upper limit restriction)
- Sex hormone binding globulin

- Estradiol (sensitive- LC/MS assay)
- CBC (includes glucose, hematocrit and immune cells)
- CMP (includes liver and kidney function)
- Lipids (LDL and HDL cholesterol and triglycerides)

You can't go wrong with that preselected panel, if you haven't make sure you look up and know where your closest LabCorp center is located as that's the only lab you can use with discountedlabs. Since it includes the CBC and CMP make sure that you fast 8-10hrs.

Vince

Super Moderator

Interesting I've never heard that before. I'm just wondering where did you hear that from.

I only refer to or have heard this "waiting" thing as applied to testing HCT and nothing else, would be interesting if it would indeed skew any other test(s).

Interesting I've never heard that before. I'm just wondering where did you hear that from.

There is truth to this as the “younger/newer” red blood cells produced have not been fully exposed to blood glucose for very long. I wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s pointless to check, but must be taken into context.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me