Morning wood vs estrogen levels

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

VacationMan

I also find morning wood to be an excellent gauge as to whether my E2 is too high or too low.

I find morning wood to be an excellent barometer for my E2 levels. I use a very small amount of anastrazole to begin with, but if I notice a decrease in morning wood, I simply increase my anastrazole a tiny amount and the wood comes back. I also notice that I dream more intensely when my E2 is in that perfect spot. Obviously this is one guys anecdotal experience. YMMV

giants23

Vince I cant take the FSH as Im already high at 16.9 so Dr Saya said that won't help me.. Being off my t-shot has sucked for 3yrs but had to to try and recover my sperm count...never felt better since I was on my shot...T level was 700-800..much healthier just took down my sperm count tho... Sole purpose is a baby then I'm going right back on my t-shot because I've been doing this for 3 years and I'm sick of it. Want my T shot back...Clomid sucks, arimidex a little better feeling... By the way in the earlier post I heard guys talking about the gel versus shots. Over the last 10 to 15 years I tried them all n the shots by far have been the best for me. In fact I used to do a 200 mg shot every two and a half weeks even though the new protocol now is one to two times per week 80-100 mg total... Best I felt in my life and never had any issues even as it came down on the two weeks I was still in 500s. I think The Sweet Spot seems to be 550 to 800... I like spaced-out shots because you don't have to do it often, it's cheaper than gel and seem to work better plus you don't have to worry about the transfer to wife etc. And it made my arms really hairy from rubbing it on them... Shots 100% the way to go.. Clomid made my sperm counts all go up almost to normal but not quite. I hit a stalemate so now I'm trying Arimidex by itself. for sex it worked better with Arimidex than Clomid but I think my doctor prescribed way too high... We'll see if this works go for sperm count... Tried everything else and nothing but Clomid by itself was the only thing that raised it and I haven't checked until next week after trying Arimidex for a month and a half

Vince I am trying to get wife pregnant and had low hormone levels ever since coming off TRT...It has somewhat bounced back thanks to Dr Saya...I spoke to the #1 fertility clinic in the U.S. and that doctor told me go off of the clomid and just do Anastrozole 1mg a day....From what I see on all these forums guys are taking 1/2 of that only 2 times per week...I was scared due to reviews so I took 1/3 of a pill every 3 days and nothing....I then switched the 2nd week to every other day 1/2 a pill...Erections were much stronger and I noticed a difference....I shared my concerns with Fertility doctor on taking 1mg every day if it was too much and he said no not at all...he prescribes that all the time...

just my opinion, but I bet that dr doesn't deal much with long term (years) patients health also.

stx358

Just a thought - how would you know what your estrogen level is unless you were getting blood drawn every day? The whole idea of chasing E2 levels based solely upon symptoms that could be caused by any number of factors seems utterly self defeating. I have gleaned a lot of good anecdotal information from this board but the one thing that seems overwhelmingly prevalent is the bro-science around E2 management.

Anyone who is new on this board who is reading this worried about their testosterone should search "E2 crash." There are far too many examples of that on here from overdosing of AIs. I am still not sure there is any compelling evidence for aggressive AI dosing. E2 is not a "female" hormone and we have no idea of knowing what each of us are supposed to run for a "normal" E2. Your normal could be in the 20s, 30s, or 40s. Unless you have a baseline level from a time when you were healthy you would never know.

Nashtide

Just a thought - how would you know what your estrogen level is unless you were getting blood drawn every day? The whole idea of chasing E2 levels based solely upon symptoms that could be caused by any number of factors seems utterly self defeating. I have gleaned a lot of good anecdotal information from this board but the one thing that seems overwhelmingly prevalent is the bro-science around E2 management.

Anyone who is new on this board who is reading this worried about their testosterone should search "E2 crash." There are far too many examples of that on here from overdosing of AIs. I am still not sure there is any compelling evidence for aggressive AI dosing. E2 is not a "female" hormone and we have no idea of knowing what each of us are supposed to run for a "normal" E2. Your normal could be in the 20s, 30s, or 40s. Unless you have a baseline level from a time when you were healthy you would never know.
I'm not following the point of this post. The premise of this thread is that we can use other methods to determine if our E2 is in a desirable range for us. In my case, morning wood and vivid dreams are a great and reliable way for me to know I'm where I want to be for my E2. No mention about numbers...

stx358

The premise is incorrect. You can't feel E2 that acutely over short periods but all of us can certainly fool ourselves into believing that E2 is something we can sense and aggressively "manage" in the absence of any clinical data. The point was not to argue with you though. The point is to help new people from going down the path of popping an AI every time they wake up two days in a row without arousal and crash their E2. The two may not even be connected. There are numerous things involved in morning arousal.

Case in point. I went through a low point a couple weeks ago where my erectile function was below normal. I was due for a regular lab draw. My E2 is always in the low 30's with a TT of 1000 and no AI. This time it came back at 68. Even I thought "holy shit my E2 spiked and killed my libido." As anti AI as I am even I thought about calling my doctor and having him order me an AI and doing a temporary dosing protocol to lower my E2. Instead I waited it out and checked my sensitive E2 on discounted labs a couple weeks later. It was in the low 30's like it always was. It was probably a false reading on the test that showed a 68. My erectile function returned to normal in the meantime as well. I was just having a bad week - tired, lack of sleep, diet out of whack - any number of things could have caused it. In that moment though I was sure it was E2. I was wrong.

giants23

I was prescribed by a fertility doctor Arimidex 1 pill a day. After reading on forums it says most people take a half a pill twice a week not one pill a day... When I confronted him on this telling him I am worried about my E2 crashing... He said nonsense I prescribe this all the time. I did not believe him after reading all of these forums and went to 1/3 a pill every 3 days. Then went to half a pill every other day. It has been just over a month but it did help on erections. he was prescribing it though for sperm production because Clomid I hit a wall with.... Do I still do 1 mg pill a day or is that totally crazy? I checked my E2 and it was at 26 before I started.... I am now going to check it again after about 6 weeks of being on this to see if it crashed me and if it did then I'm probably going to go off it.... Also going to do a semen analysis just to see if this improved anything...

Nashtide

The premise is incorrect. You can't feel E2 that acutely over short periods but all of us can certainly fool ourselves into believing that E2 is something we can sense and aggressively "manage" in the absence of any clinical data. The point was not to argue with you though. The point is to help new people from going down the path of popping an AI every time they wake up two days in a row without arousal and crash their E2. The two may not even be connected. There are numerous things involved in morning arousal.

Case in point. I went through a low point a couple weeks ago where my erectile function was below normal. I was due for a regular lab draw. My E2 is always in the low 30's with a TT of 1000 and no AI. This time it came back at 68. Even I thought "holy shit my E2 spiked and killed my libido." As anti AI as I am even I thought about calling my doctor and having him order me an AI and doing a temporary dosing protocol to lower my E2. Instead I waited it out and checked my sensitive E2 on discounted labs a couple weeks later. It was in the low 30's like it always was. It was probably a false reading on the test that showed a 68. My erectile function returned to normal in the meantime as well. I was just having a bad week - tired, lack of sleep, diet out of whack - any number of things could have caused it. In that moment though I was sure it was E2. I was wrong.
I understand what you're saying. I certainly agree that micromanaging your E2 based on how one feels is a fools errand. In my case, I already use a very low dose of anastrazole. If I find that my morning wood is absent and I'm not sleeping soundly, the next time I'm do for my T shot and anastrazole I simply increase the dose by a very small amount. This slight change in protocol always results in the return of my morning wood. I realize this is anecdotal, but it works every time I've done it over the last 2+ years. This doesn't happen often and I don't pay any attention to it unless it becomes a couple nights in a row.

stx358

Thank you for clarifying. The very low dose is key. I think you would agree that people quote some enormous doses on here in some cases supported by the Youtube "experts".

Nashtide

Thank you for clarifying. The very low dose is key. I think you would agree that people quote some enormous doses on here in some cases supported by the Youtube "experts".
For sure, I use 0.2mg all week. If I increase the one dose I might go from 0.1mg to 0.2mg.

Nashtide

Stx358 and Nashtide did u see my issue above on ur thread...Am I in danger of going to high on Anatrozole?
You mentioned one pill but didn't say how many milligrams. If it's a standard pharma anastrazole then it's 1 mg. If it's a compounded pill it could be any strength. Let us know which it is before taking any.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me