Testosterone Injection Question

Buy Lab Tests Online

somedude

I hope this isn't the dumbest question thats ever been asked. I have scoured the forums and google and cannot find a real answer.....When you pull the testosterone from the vial all the tutorials say to pull it back to the prescribed dose. HOWEVER, after pulling the T in, if you then pull the plunger back and suck the T out of the actual needle you will get an extra 15mg to 20mg of T that was in the needle. So in theory should you be measuring the exact amount, taking into consideration whats in the needle head OR just load the T to the dose line? Clearly if you do that you are shooting slightly more than the recommended dose.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
You should be using the U100 insulin syringe or another low-dead space style of syringe that would basically leave an almost undetectable amount of residual T. What you're talking about are guys that use 25g and larger harpoons. Any talk of wasted T etc etc ends when you use the correct syringe.

Blackhawk

Not sure this is what you are referring to: Pulling T through a small needle, it helps to get a full dose by pulling the plunger back much farther than the specified dose. I use a 30g needle and with an insulin syringe pull all the way back to 100iu and wait close to a couple minutes for the oil to run down the barrel of the syringe. I have learned through practice to let it fill to somewhat less than my actual dose since there is a fair bit still running down the side. Then push plunger back up to expel air/vacuum and any excess oil back into into the vial. Push plunger back up to the exact dose. then remove needle from vial. Correct dose, no excess, no waste.

Vince

Super Moderator
I just use an easy touch 29 gauge half inch syringe. Using an easy touch syringe solves all the issues you're dealing with.

pistolero

"So in theory should you be measuring the exact amount"

Yes! The extra you can see when you pull back on the plunger is in "dead space". It is left in the needle when the plunger is all the way in when injecting. You can't push it out into your tissue, so it doesn't count toward your dose.

somedude

Thanks all. Makes sense. I'll assume the T left in the needle is dead space. I'll also look at a different needle. I do IM. The 25 1" needle has worked well for me.

Saul

I hope this isn't the dumbest question thats ever been asked. I have scoured the forums and google and cannot find a real answer.....When you pull the testosterone from the vial all the tutorials say to pull it back to the prescribed dose. HOWEVER, after pulling the T in, if you then pull the plunger back and suck the T out of the actual needle you will get an extra 15mg to 20mg of T that was in the needle. So in theory should you be measuring the exact amount, taking into consideration whats in the needle head OR just load the T to the dose line? Clearly if you do that you are shooting slightly more than the recommended dose.

Not a dumb question. As others have said, use a low dead space syringe/needle. Insulin syringes are usually low dead space. A popular brand is Easytouch. Common needle sizes range from 27 to 29 gauge and which works best is up to you and, IMO, the viscosity of your T, usually determined by the type of carrier oil.

somedude

Cool. I'm going to order some of those. I see that the longest needle they have is 1/2 inch. Is that long enough to get into the quad muscle comfortably?

Saul

Cool. I'm going to order some of those. I see that the longest needle they have is 1/2 inch. Is that long enough to get into the quad muscle comfortably?

Depends how much fat you have on your leg. If you are lean, yes. If you are heavy, then maybe not.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me