Hormone Therapy and LH Suppression - Males vs Females

Buy Lab Tests Online

S1W

I frequently think (worry?) about the consequences of long-term HPTA suppression from TRT. In a recent conversation with my wife, I was discussing some of my concerns and she asked, "What is so different about TRT, which is basically just taking hormones, that it could affect you much more negatively than all of the millions of women that are also taking hormones for birth control and basically don't have any problems with it?"

I didn't really have a response.

I read a bit about it and female birth control, which is far more common among women than TRT is for men, does indeed seem to shut down LH. Women have been doing this for a long time, and although I have heard of some women suffering a few mild side effects, I have not heard of any women having any lasting or serious issues because of hormonal birth control use.

Does anyone know enough about this to speak to how the male/female HPTA might be different, and the different role that LH plays in men vs women?

Because long-term HPTA suppression in women, at least at a glance, seems to be a non-issue.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nashtide

I frequently think (worry?) about the consequences of long-term HPTA suppression from TRT. In a recent conversation with my wife, I was discussing some of my concerns and she asked, "What is so different about TRT, which is basically just taking hormones, that it could affect you much more negatively than all of the millions of women that are also taking hormones for birth control and basically don't have any problems with it?"

I didn't really have a response.

I read a bit about it and female birth control, which is far more common among women than TRT is for men, does indeed seem to shut down LH. Women have been doing this for a long time, and although I have heard of some women suffering a few mild side effects, I have not heard of any women having any lasting or serious issues because of hormonal birth control use.

Does anyone know enough about this to speak to how the male/female HPTA might be different, and the different role that LH plays in men vs women?

Because long-term HPTA suppression in women, at least at a glance, seems to be a non-issue.
First off, you are making the assumption that long term TRT causes problems. You have zero evidence. What you have is a very small sample of anecdotal information. If you ask a bad question you're going to get bad answers.

S1W

First off, you are making the assumption that long term TRT causes problems. You have zero evidence. What you have is a very small sample of anecdotal information. If you ask a bad question you're going to get bad answers.

Where did I assert that long-term TRT definitively causes problems? I stated that it is something I am personally concerned about. I have also noted that many other forum users are curious about the subject, too.

Beyond my personal concerns however, I thought it would be an interesting subject for discussion.

Nashtide

Where did I assert that long-term TRT definitively causes problems? I stated that it is something I am personally concerned about. I have also noted that many other forum users are curious about the subject, too.

Beyond my personal concerns however, I thought it would be an interesting subject for discussion.
I apologize, it appears to me that the premise of your concern/question is that there is a problem with long term TRT that doesn't appear to be a problem in women. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is how I understood the post. As you know, issues like ED are rampant among men as they age. A large study would be needed to see if TRT is a culprit.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me