5 weeks on TRT, still low on T and E2

Buy Lab Tests Online

iwasthatkid

Hi guys,

My T level prior to the TRT was at ~280. So I have been on 100mg/injection, 1 injection/week for 5 weeks. I injected on last Monday and got the blood work on last Friday. Some of the results and reference are as follows:

Testosterone is at 295, 264 - 916
SHBG is at 20.7, 16.5 - 55.9
Estrogen is at 57, 12-72
E2 (Roche ECLIA methodology) is at 5, 7.6-42.6 (low)

The full report is in the attachment.

I do not know why they did the Roche ECLIA instead of sensitive E2 after i specifically told them I wanted sensitive one though..... My understanding is that the sensitive results should be even lower than the Roche ECLIA method....

I'm still felling fatigue and tired all the time.

What protocol should I ask to switch to now?

Should I ask my urologist to increase my dose to 200mg/week or should I consider adding HCG to my protocol.? What's the dose and frequency for HCG if I add it? What are the other supplement or medication I should include?

Thanks a lot for any advice in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 8.47.42 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 8.47.42 PM.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 128
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 8.48.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 8.48.00 PM.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 121
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hi guys,

My T level prior to the TRT was at ~280. So I have been on 100mg/injection, 1 injection/week for 5 weeks. I injected on last Monday and got the blood work on last Friday. Some of the results and reference are as follows:

Testosterone is at 295, 264 - 916
SHBG is at 20.7, 16.5 - 55.9
Estrogen is at 57, 12-72
E2 (Roche ECLIA methodology) is at 5, 7.6-42.6 (low)

The full report is in the attachment.

I do not know why they did the Roche ECLIA instead of sensitive E2 after i specifically told them I wanted sensitive one though..... My understanding is that the sensitive results should be even lower than the Roche ECLIA method....

I'm still felling fatigue and tired all the time.

What protocol should I ask to switch to now?

Should I ask my urologist to increase my dose to 200mg/week or should I consider adding HCG to my protocol.? What's the dose and frequency for HCG if I add it? What are the other supplement or medication I should include?

Thanks a lot for any advice in advance!
Welcome to Excelmale.

Your SHBG value suggests that a split-dose protocol would work. Multiple, smaller injections of testosterone over the course of the week are likely to have a far greater impact on your levels. Why was "estrogen" measured? It provides no actionable information. Future testing should be done at trough - just before a scheduled injection.

So...you paid for a test that is of no value (estrogen), the wrong estradiol test was ordered, and a protocol was designed that your SHBG argues won't work. Split your dose, 50mg every 3.5 days, wait six weeks, test appropriately...find a new doctor.

iwasthatkid

Welcome to Excelmale.

Your SHBG value suggests that a split-dose protocol would work. Multiple, smaller injections of testosterone over the course of the week are likely to have a far greater impact on your levels. Why was "estrogen" measured? It provides no actionable information. Future testing should be done at trough - just before a scheduled injection.

So...you paid for a test that is of no value (estrogen), the wrong estradiol test was ordered, and a protocol was designed that your SHBG argues won't work. Split your dose, 50mg every 3.5 days, wait six weeks, test appropriately...find a new doctor.

Hi, I'm glad I joined this forum. Learned a lot from reading previous posts.

I actually didn't pay anything for my blood work. My insurance covered all the tests. But I still would rather they did E2 sensitive test though.

Should I switch to subq injection as well? I'm using intramuscular injection now.

Vince

Super Moderator
I agree split your dose of testosterone and inject twice a week, add HCG. Do labs on injection day before you inject, wait at least 6 weeks before doing labs after changing protocol.

iwasthatkid

I agree split your dose of testosterone and inject twice a week, add HCG. Do labs on injection day before you inject, wait at least 6 weeks before doing labs after changing protocol.

In my case, what aspect will HCG benefit? Is it to boost my E2?

If i increase the injection to 150mg/week, do I still need the HCG to boost my E2?

Vince

Super Moderator
In my case, what aspect will HCG benefit? Is it to boost my E2?

If i increase the injection to 150mg/week, do I still need the HCG to boost my E2?

We have LH receptors throughout our bodies including the lining of our blood vessels and they are there for a reason.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me