Low morning temps

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

My morning temps have been low for a long time. Usually around 96.2F. Afternoon and evening temps don’t even go above 97.6F. I’ve had an immense amount of brain fog for 3 years now. Is thyroid and low cortisol usually the reasons for low basal temps, or is there other reasons I should know about?

Most recent labs:

Cortisol 10.6 (4.6-20.6)

TSH 0.63 (0.40-4.50)
Total T4 5.9 (4.5-12.0)
Free T4 1.1 (0.8-1.8)
Total T3 99 (76-181)
Free T3 3.5 (2.3-4.2)
Reverse T3 7 (8-25)
Antibiodies always come back negative

All these labs are very consistently the same over multiple blood tests btw.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Have you run Iron and Ferritin lately? You're FT3 isn't bad could be better though. Im not sure I otherwise see a problem with your numbers

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
My morning temps have been low for a long time. Usually around 96.2F. Afternoon and evening temps don't even go above 97.6F. I've had an immense amount of brain fog for 3 years now. Is thyroid and low cortisol usually the reasons for low basal temps, or is there other reasons I should know about?

Most recent labs:

Cortisol 10.6 (4.6-20.6)

TSH 0.63 (0.40-4.50)
Total T4 5.9 (4.5-12.0)
Free T4 1.1 (0.8-1.8)
Total T3 99 (76-181)
Free T3 3.5 (2.3-4.2)
Reverse T3 7 (8-25)
Antibiodies always come back negative

All these labs are very consistently the same over multiple blood tests btw.

Yes on both ... Adrenals and thyroid are contributing to this. Presume that 10.6 cortisol is some AM serum test? To get the full picture, you need a 24 hour, 4x saliva kit, cortisol w/ DHEA correlation.

I'm sure there will be an imbalance, but the 4x saliva results will paint a clearer picture, and it will be helpful for treatment going forward.

The thyroid is in the same boat, but it's going nowhere fast if you don't have adequate cortisol production. Your Free T4 sits in the 30% zone on the lab reference range, and FT3 is is at 63%. Knowing the temp situation and adrenal issues, this is what is known as Pooling; where FT3 is struggling to get transported to the cells usually due to low cortisol and/or iron/ferritin (electrolytes & metabolic issues can contribute).

So without correction, it is a struggle getting the thryoid to do it's job without correcting the adrenals first!

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
If you get the adrenal labs, post them up along with the circadian profile report if you get one. If not, I have a spreadsheet setup to do this, we can help you make some heads and tails of the results.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me