What is the difference between compounded testosterone cream and compounded T gel ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Whatzup

Pharmacy is going to change my compounded cream for the gel because the cream I received recently leaves residue almost like caulk.

Answer:

T gels are alcohol based and cannot be applied to the scrotum for those who want to raise their DHT. Compounded creams do not have alcohol and can be applied to the scrotum. Click on these posts:

Should You Apply Testosterone Gel or Cream on Your Testicles for Best Absorption?

Scrotum application of testosterone

Applying compounded test cream

Types of Transdermal Testosterone Products Currently Available

compounded testosterone.jpg

problems with androgel and testim.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I loved Gels and hated creams.
1 tube 1% Testim Gel TT630 FT 18
3 clicks 20% compounded creams TT350 FT 13

The only reason I am not on Gels is the 300 dollars a month price tag.

Blackhawk

LOL!

I had cream from Village pharmacy, which spread well and seemed to absorb well. Gel from empower felt like a gluey sticky mess. Neither put my T levels high enough, switched to T cyp injection.

S1W

To offer a different perspective, I believe that my best protocol yet was compounded cream from a local compounding pharmacy. I haven't tried gels though, but have tried T. Cyp. injections. Gels to me sound like a sticky mess as mentioned above, and the brand name versions are too expensive.

I will admit that the compounded cream would sometimes leave a thin residue after drying, and I rubbed it in really well. When that happened I'd go back over it and rub it in with a moisturizer.

Last edited:

Whatzup

T gels are alcohol based and cannot be applied to the scrotum for those who want to raise their DHT. Compounded creams do not have alcohol and can be applied to the scrotum.

Should You Apply Testosterone Gel or Cream on Your Testicles for Best Absorption?

Is the gel better then the cream? Pharmacy is going to compound gel for me sine the cream leaves too much residue?

Whatzup

I got the alcohol gel/cream yesterday and applied it this morning and when it dried it left residue. Does this mean the dry part is the part that did not absorb?

OMI100

Used Testim.
Way toooo many tubes to put on. I could not smell it but one woman in the office could smell me coming a mile away and she kept asking what deodorant / perfume I had on. She liked the smell.
Then used Axiron. Worked well but the co-pay was $$$$$$$$$$$$.
Went to compounded through my insurance mail order pharmacy. Worked so-so but left white residue.
Ended up with EmpowerRX compounded T cream, self pay (cheaper than co-pay) and it works exceptional well with no residue:)

Whatzup

Used Testim.
Way toooo many tubes to put on. I could not smell it but one woman in the office could smell me coming a mile away and she kept asking what deodorant / perfume I had on. She liked the smell.
Then used Axiron. Worked well but the co-pay was $$$$$$$$$$$$.
Went to compounded through my insurance mail order pharmacy. Worked so-so but left white residue.
Ended up with EmpowerRX compounded T cream, self pay (cheaper than co-pay) and it works exceptional well with no residue:)

How much? I currently pay $120 for 3 month.

OMI100

How much? I currently pay $120 for 3 month.
Around $35/month for the compounded cream.
When I was using insurance the DR had to fill out paperwork and send it in. A PIA.
I like the compounded T cream from Empower better than the other stuff I have been on.

Whatzup

Around $35/month for the compounded cream.
When I was using insurance the DR had to fill out paperwork and send it in. A PIA.
I like the compounded T cream from Empower better than the other stuff I have been on.

What's your current dose? Empower told me for 200mg it would be more then what I currently pay but they needed a script to give me the price.

OMI100

Strength is 200mg/mil.
I use a 1/2 mil daily (100mg) ( 2 clicks)
Applicator is 30 ml.
So one applicator last me 2 months.
I get great results from 2 clicks (1/4 teaspoon or it might be even less.... Not much)(whatever the volume of a 1/2 mil is)

Hi Whatzup, Did you ask and then answer your own question?
What did you need us for?
I don't understand

Pharmacy is going to change my compounded cream for the gel because the cream I received recently leaves residue almost like caulk.

Answer:

T gels are alcohol based and cannot be applied to the scrotum for those who want to raise their DHT. Compounded creams do not have alcohol and can be applied to the scrotum. Click on these posts:

View attachment 4784

View attachment 4785

Whatzup

Hi Whatzup, Did you ask and then answer your own question?
What did you need us for?
I don't understand

Well the pharmacy changed the cream for gel cream one. The issue is the gel dries and looks like dry ice on my skin. The recent cream is not pasty like the previous but dries and leaves white power behind. It's frustrating because they can't get the consistency right. It may be absorbing but still it's messy. I may switch pharmacy.
I was just trying to see if others had experience like mine when cream dries and if I should switch pharmacy.

Well the pharmacy changed the cream for gel cream one. The issue is the gel dries and looks like dry ice on my skin. The recent cream is not pasty like the previous but dries and leaves white power behind. It's frustrating because they can't get the consistency right. It may be absorbing but still it's messy. I may switch pharmacy.
I was just trying to see if others had experience like mine when cream dries and if I should switch pharmacy.

Hi Whatzup,
I did not understand all the clinic optimizer stuff added to your first post. Sorry it was very confusing.

When I was using testim gel (applied to shoulders or both ribcages) I did get that shiny look you discribe as ice.
Once dry I'd just put my tee shirt on. It did not effect adsorbtion. If it bugges you you might try some postshower talcum powder.
I never got white powder when I was on empower or Hal cream my skin would just not adsorb the T.

Whatzup

Hi Whatzup,
I did not understand all the clinic optimizer stuff added to your first post. Sorry it was very confusing.

When I was using testim gel (applied to shoulders or both ribcages) I did get that shiny look you discribe as ice.
Once dry I'd just put my tee shirt on. It did not effect adsorbtion. If it bugges you you might try some postshower talcum powder.
I never got white powder when I was on empower or Hal cream my skin would just not adsorb the T.

It's more then shinie for me. The pic is the alcohol gel cream.

Attachments

• 20180317_102840.jpg
    20180317_102840.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 20180317_102833.jpg
    20180317_102833.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 229

Whatzup

Wow it actualy changed the color of your skin. I see why you have concerns.

Yup so I then have to rub it off and what comes off is powder. I think I have no choice but use it and clean up the mess until I get labs done in 2 months. Then even if the results are great I need to try something less messy. I may try Empower next time.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me