Prostate cancer in remission. Dr is adamant against testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online

daves52380

My father 67 years old was treated with early stage prostate cancer 4 years ago. Treatment was radiation pellets inserted that shrunk and killed the cancer. To date he is in remission and there’s are no signs of cancer present.
During my fathers later half of life he fell into serious depression and alcoholism from marital issues and abuse from when a child. Between the cancer and health issues of spinal stenosis which he had half of lower back fused and a complete knee replacement. I convinced him to see my men’s health doctor who happens to be one of the best in Chicago and after getting his cholesterol and blood pressure down decided to treat him with testosterone. He is doing 50mg twice a week and is going on his fourth month. He has had great results and is finally starting to live a life that he has been missing, energy, motivation, mood have all been lifted tremendously.
Fast forward to today he had his yearly follow up with his prostate cancer doctor and disclosed that he is now supplementing testosterone. Immediately the Dr advised against it and recommended to discontinue but do whatever he ultimately decides. He argues that testosterone is a cause of prostate cancer and or can cause the remissive cancer to return.

I do not want him to get off considering how this has improved his quality of life and happiness ten fold. I believe that with proper care he can remain on therapy and monitor his health. Does anyone have any information supporting the doctors claim or even better have any information or research debunking these claims proving that testosterone does not indeed cause prostate cancer?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
What is his PSA?

Many post-prostate cancer treatment patients can successfully use TRT. Radical prostatectomy patients have better remission rates on TRT.

At the end of the day,it is a personal decision. His urologist/oncologist may decide to divorce him but that is another issue.

Please read and print this article written by doctors I work with in Houston. It is a great review.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5182214/pdf/tau-05-06-909.pdf

Hi Dave, I can offer no professional advice here but I just wanted to say. Good on you for taking an interest in your Dads health and helping him.
As someone who started down the path he was on I can tell you its a place no one should go. My PCP and endo were absolutely no help.
At 64 TRT gave me back my life. In the end it is his decision. If you feel he is mentally competent support his decision.

1Draw

Glad to hear how well your Dad is doing at 67 on T therapy. The health benefits of testosterone as we age is well known and documented in many studies and as Nelson has pointed out, there are studies available if your Dad's doctor had only looked. Dr. Abraham Morgentaler a Harvard School of Medicine Professor of Urology wrote a great book "Testosterone for Life" that debunked the belief testosterone causes prostrate cancer. It cost $10 on Amazon I would order a copy and give to your Dad's doctor. He is way behind the times.

Also, here is a link of the results of John Hopkins University using Testosterone to LOWER psa's in patients whose PSA's were bordering on untreatable. Bet it saved a few
lives and improved quality of health in most.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/new..._helps_some_men_with_advanced_prostate_cancer

If it were me and how well your Dad is feeling, I would suggest to him to not worry unless his PSA has a dramatic increase. Then, I would seek another Urologist.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale