New here, hello. Love feedback from you Pros.

Buy Lab Tests Online

FishyFish

New Member. Please help me.

Hi all. This will be long, but I want to join the brotherhood.
6 month deep lurker, now I've decided to join.
I wanted to wait until I got my second lab set to join so I can post accurately.
Let me introduce my situation; I'm 31 years old, 6'1, 295 lbs., caucasian, and am happily married. I am en ex-arena football player (linebacker) and current baseball player.
I've been a medic since 18 years old, and always very active in the gym and martial arts. A year ago, I had a complete mental breakdown due to a large prednisone shot
in the ER that literally destroyed the man I built for 30 years. I gained anxiety, depression, brain fog, and ptsd from the med, as well as losing lots of money. For 6 months straight I puked blood, almost died twice, and am only about 40% recovered from what happened, despite my thorough efforts. I am pre-med in college, high honors (almost finished), and have a very strong understanding of the body systems/functions. I very much, have a desire to learn. I have an appointment this coming Friday for a reputable men's anti-aging clinic in San Diego, with what seems to be an up-to-speed Dr. I originally started paperwork with Defy, but the wait was long, and finding a physical proved to be challenging. My goal is to get started at this place, then switch to Defy when the time is right. My father-in-law is an Endo, and is pushing for me to do test replacement, he actually brought it up. I have been donating sperm just in case HCG does't work out, last two donations are this week.

Current Meds:
Valium- 7.4 mgs, tapered down from 25 mgs. (hell on Earth)
Remeron- 11.75 mgs, tapered down from 30 mgs. Gained 50+ lbs. on this in 6 months
Zoloft- 16.75 mgs
Asthma Medication. Lifelong asthmatic here
I'm going to be honest, I absolutely hate psych meds. Been on them 1 year, there's just nothing like them.

OTC Supps-
As time goes on I'll post them, because there are just so many to list.

Other:
No alcohol, smoking, or drug use. Some CBD oil. No previous steroid use, despite prednisone (evil).

Nitty Gritty: Symptoms, info and labs
Depression, brain fog, lack of energy and major sluggishness, cold and feverish feelings frequently, minimal gym results despite various methods, anxiety, loss of zest for life (quiet and down a lot), sexually ok but could be better, mood swings. Sleeping way too long and not feeling refreshed, I even use nasal strips on an elevated tempur-pedic bed. I've got a sleep study on the way to check for sleep apnea; 18 1/2" neck, 56" chest, and asthmatic. Gained 50+ lbs. in about a year, got up to 330lbs. despite solid efforts. Got weight back down a bit by tapering down some psych meds, and cutting out some sugars. I've got a bloated/pregnant body builder look going on, not digging it at all. Diet is what I think to be ok, no fast food, use grass fed meats, aged cheeses, coconut oil and olive oil, fish oil, grass fed butter for fats. I do enjoy red meat, but eat cuts like top sirloin, new yorks, and ground sirloin, lots of fish such as salmon and tuna, and egg whites daily. No chicken or poultry, I'm allergic (but can eat eggs, I know, weird isn't it?!). Sugar is my raisin bran for desert, 1 16 oz. cup of gingerale with dinner, and kefir in the mornings. I have one half-caf coffee a day, nothing but coconut oil added.

Labs: Some have previous results, some do not
I'll spare you all the unimportant ones.

*Testosterone, Serum: 196 ng/dl Low, previously 284 ng/dl Low, range-------- 264-916 ng/dl
*Testosterone, Free: 7.5 mg/dl Low, previously 8.0 mg/dl Low, range------- 8.7-25.1 mg/dl
*Glucose, fasted: 99 mg/dl Normal, previously 99mg/dl Normal, range------- 65-99 mg/dl
*A1C-: 5.2% Normal, previously 5.2%, range------- 4.8-5.6%
*TSH: 5.63 High, previously 5.070 High, range-------- 0.450-4.50
*T3- they did total: 115 ng/dl Normal, range----- 71-180 ng/dl
*T4- they did total: 5.9 ug/dl Normal, range------ 4.5-12 ug/dl
*Hematocrit: 44% Normal, previously 43.4% Normal, range--------37.5-51.0%
*PSA: 0.8 ng/ml Normal, range-------0.0-4.0 ng/ml
*LH: 3.5 Normal,range------------1.7-8.6 mIU/ml
*FSH: 4.1Normal,range----------1.5-12.4 mIU/ml
*SHBG: 21.1Normal, range -------16.5-55.9 nmol/L
*Estradiol, Sensitive: 32.9 Normal, range------8.0-35.0 pg/ml
*Vitamin D, 25 Hydroxy: 103.0 High, previously 30.6, range-----30-100 ng/ml
*Vitamin B12: 931, no range
*Folate: >20, no range
*Total Cholesterol: 200 High, previously 199 High, range------100-199 mg/dl
*Triglycerides: 223 High, previously 256 High, range------0-149 mg/dl
*HDL Cholesterol: 36 Low, previously 37 low, range----- >39 mg/dl
*VLDL Cholesterol: 45 High, range-------- 5-40 mg/dl
*LDL Cholesterol: 119 High, previously 89 Normal, range-------- 0-99 mg/dl

From my scientific mind, I am suffering from low testosterone likely idiopathic and secondary hypo, sluggish thyroid pushing towards if not hypothyroid, and good possibility of sleep apnea. I'm likely going to do Test Cyp on an EOD or ED protocol, and a small amount of HCG daily 50-150, with the goal of using very little AI as possible. I'd love feedback, all kinds, give me what you got. I want to be part of the team and fix my fuc&%$! life. What are your thoughts on the SHBG? What are your thoughts on the E2 sensitive? I paid over $300 for labs to make sure I had most of the info I/you all needed. I await and look forward to your responses, thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Welcome to EM! Yeah, some of those medications are probably no doubt contributing to hypogonadism. LH isn't tanked, but at 3.5mIU/ml it isn't optimal either. Even at 3.5, I would think Total Test Serum would be higher than 196ng/dl, but it all depends. It might not hurt to also get a testicular exam from the Urologist to be safe, then start discussing the the low test with your physician.

196 on total serum, in conjunction with Free Test at 7.5, isn't a good place, so don't let any doctors try to convince you differently. On the same note, at your age, I would suggest exploring methods to increase this without going on TRT. It's a lifetime commitment, so once you're on, you're on, and there's no looking back!

On the thyroid, sounds and looks possible primary overt hypothyroidism, but you need the correct labs to really assess the correct picture ... Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3, and definitely at your age want to see anitbodies; both TPO and TgAb. It would also be good to see a metabolic and CBC panel for more insight on your current profile.

FishyFish

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I'm about to turn 32. I've been donating sperm in a good bank for this trt reason for a month. Two and half years ago, testosterone 700, thyroid fine, mood great. After prednisone, and add on psych meds, testosterone, mood, and thyroid all out of whack. All kinds of symptoms I've never had. I'm just wondering, since I'm staring at my labs, what else do you think I should provide you all? I had them do both a metabolic and CBC panel. I'm fine with the commitment, honestly. I'm comfortable with needles as I've used several as a medic. It's really the clomid and hcg mono therapy that scares the piss out of me. I already deal with enough depression and some anxiety. I'm not completely throwing it out though. The problem with urologists is it takes forever to actually see one. My father in law is an Endo, and very smart man. Let's say he and his family use to own Molina Healthcare, and leave it at that. He recommended the trt route after donating sperm. He mentioned gels, and patches, but also agreed on the efficacy of shots. Also recommended hcg for fertility purposes and testicular function, but to start low and slow.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me